Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Express - Train Ride with Santa!

Oh boy did we have a fun day yesterday!!  Grandpa and Grandma (me and hubby) bought tickets for ourselves, our kids and spouses and our 6 grandkids for a train trip on the Holiday Express - it's the historic steam locomotive 4449 which was a Southern Pacific engine and is now being restored and cared for by a volunteer group.  This is their major fund-raiser of the year!  Here is a photo we took on the bluff above the tracks on our way to the train.  You can see the Willamette River behind the train, it starts out at Oaks Park amusement center.  
Here are the kids minus one sleepy boy.
 I ran out to get this shot of the train arriving, it was blowing it's whistle and steaming in, you should just hear the fantastic sound of it's horn.. WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOO!!!!
Below is the whole gang of us waiting to board.  
The train was decorated beautifully inside and out with lights, here is Hayden checking them out and Caleb watching, with Mikey smiling behind them. 
Our daughter Amy, her husband Jay, their girls Jenna (left) and Paige who learned to make faces from her cousin Mikey (behind). :-)
Our son Shawn's boys Mikey (left) and Gabe with Grandpa, Shawn's wife Beth far left.
What a big Santa you are!!
This photo .. what a story.. Santa sat and loaded up with babies, Paige, Hayden & Caleb, Mikey behind them, Gabe to the left and Jenna to the right, our son Travis far right.  All posed and I'd forgotten my flash was turned off and I was fumbling and fumbling trying to turn it on and this dark wiggly photo is the result.  Santa was getting rather grumpy! LOL :-)
This is the train when we left lit up, it was a fun time and we headed off to dinner together afterwards.  Just an awesome day with our kids and grandkids.
Next week we're taking the family to the Portland Yacht Club for a visit with Santa.  Hopefully I'll have better photos with a jollier St. Nick.  

Don't forget to leave a comment on my "Give-Away" post below!!

I hope you're all having a grand holiday time, we sure are!!  

((hugs)) Teresa

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely time to spend with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks like such a fun time! I miss little ones at Christmas. I have to live vicariously through my sister-in-law because they have such great wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looks like a very fun day. Who ever heard of a grumpy Santa, boo. :( Hope you find one next week and he remembers to take his jolly pills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been on a train before. That looked like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you hade a blast of great time with your family!!! I love this season because you can spend tons of time with family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely experience with your family. The grandkids will remember it always. By the way I am jealous of the lovely crochet wreath, it is so beautiful.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing Grandma you are. xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)