Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Well Dressed Bear

If you were wondering what the well dressed Teddy Bear is sporting this Fall, you're in luck - welcome to the Teddy Bear Fashion Show - 2011!  Last year I crocheted this sweater on the right for my 6 year old granddaughter.  The now-3-year-old asked me to make a sweater for HER bear - so I brought them both home with me so I could make a sweater.  Then Jenna asked me to make a matching sweater for her LITTLE bear that matched her bigger bear.
I don't use a pattern for these, you have to make them to fit, so below is the result of the 2nd sweater making.
Both bears with their sweaters on.
We had a "Girls Lunch" yesterday, so I had the bears ready when the girls arrived.  They were happy to have them back.
My older sister, Roberta, had made the girls these really neat crystal and bead window hangers - they will hang them in their new home in Ohio.  
My sister's daughter-in-law, Tami, joined us.  Paige is schmoozing with her great aunt and Tami.
I then went home with my daughter and granddaughters and proceeded to crochet the sweater for the little bear.
Jenna is very pleased with her matching bears and their clothes.  :-)
When I got home our son Travis and his wife Kristi and the two boys were here - they brought out pizza for all of us for dinner.

Tomorrow I will be taking some items to the Veteran's Administration Hospital in Portland, Oregon - to put a museum display together about the US Constitution for our chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.  I'll take some photos to show you about it.

I hope you're having a wonderful week.. thanks for coming to visit!!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

13 comments:

  1. Very cute sweaters for bears. My grandmother used to crochet layette sets for my baby dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defintely the 'must have' latest fashion for bears - they are so sweet! Have a great week Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bears look so cute in their outfits, and your grandaughters are very, very cute. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sweaters Teresa. Great job and fast!! The little ones look so happy! xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute sweaters. My grandmother used to make me and my dolls, matching clothes. One of my favorite childhood memories. Those girls will always remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got to say there's something about teddies - especially ones with sweaters lovingly made by grandma. Love them - the bears and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, how cute the teddies with their pretty sweaters! I also love your sister's window hangers! Have a lovely day, Teresa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! My grandmothers used to sew stuff for my dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are just the sweetest jumpers Teresa, what a joy they are for your grandgirls, you are very clever. There is nothing like a teddy to love ;0) Take care,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bears are so cute in their new sweaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are just darling. It would be hard to crochet the sweaters without the bears. Those are 'custom' sweaters! You did a very good job. I bet it's going to be hard for them to move isn't it? I'm only 6 hours away from mine and it's hard. Couldn't imagine across country like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making dolly clothes with my Grandma was how l got started on my career...wonder what they will gow up to do?
    Cya in a week off on out travels tomorrow
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your grand daughters' bears look so cosy in their pretty crochet sweaters! I do love how you made them, each one specially for a particular bear. Have a happy day, Teresa.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)