Friday, November 30, 2012

Winter Waterfall

Hi there, thanks for stopping by! :-)  Yesterday I volunteered at Multnomah Falls with my younger sister, Denise.  It was my turn to get our mochas at the coffee cart, so I put in my order and then hiked up to the viewing platform.  Most of the leaves are off the deciduous trees and bushes.  There has been plenty of rain so the falls were gushing and the water was crashing down.  The air was moist, with the drizzling rain and the mist from the falls.
It was cold too, not one person was on the bridge in this shot.  The mosses and ferns are lush and green. 
I worked on my holiday afghan while we helped visitors with their travel plans.  There were people there from India and from Long Island, NY, and many other places. 
When it got dark early at 4:30 pm, we began to close the Visitors Center and headed out to our cars at 4:45.  I snapped this shot of the lodge lit up for the holidays.  

Our house is crazy for the last two days.  Our insurance company sent a cleaning crew to wash the walls and ceilings from the kitchen fire.  Lo and behold, they are also going to paint all the ceilings and walls with 2 coats of paint!  You would not believe what they do!  The lady took every single thing out of our cabinets and washed them and the inside of the cabinets and put everything back.. in a much more organized way than when she took them out!  Today 4 people were here - they removed the new microwave and pulled out the new stove and cleaned and sealed behind them and put them back in.  They are washing all our walls upstairs and down the halls!  She is even taking all the spices out of my spice rack and cleaning the rack and all the jars of spices.  She is taking everything off the counters and cleaning them.  Amazing!

But needless to say, our Christmas decorating has come to a screeching halt.  So, I have no new pretties to show you today.  I'll have to get my xmas decor jollies from you all! :-)

****************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
**************************************** 
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

23 comments:

  1. Man, it's almost worth having a fire ....
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I love the night time photo of the falls...very atmospheric. Happy weekend,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That nighttime. Image is so peaceful


    I am so happy your repair team is so awesome.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could get some home help like that! It will be nice and fresh for you for Christmas. Those falls always look so amazing and the night shot of the building looks magical. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your cleaning crew sounds impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello fellow Oregonian! The Gorge is one of my favorite places to hike. How nice of you to volunteer at Multnomah Falls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, I actually volunteer twice each month and enjoy meeting and helping the visitors. They all are so impressed with the gorge! :-)

      Delete
  7. Wonderful shots of the Falls.

    What a nice sliver lining to the dark cloud of a kitchen fire.

    Just who do you have for insurance? They sure sound like a great company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lacy, the company is USAA - Dayle has had them since he was an officer in the military in 1967 and has stayed with the all these years as they have been so good to us. The insure military and ex-military. :-)

      Delete
  8. Wow, how nice! I wish I had someone to come do that for me. I bet your home is looking very nice.....even without the decorations ")!
    xoxo
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. What magnificent photos, it makes me want to make travel plans! What an amazing insurance company, you don't find many like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - what a thorough cleaning crew!

    Teresa, the photos are simply stunning - I've never been there, but would love to visit some day.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Teresa,
    Yet another magical and breathtaking photo of the falls. I never tirer of this view and the evening picture with all the lights, just so cosy and inviting!
    I can't believe your insurance people are doing all of this!!!!! Wow, I'm impressed.
    Have a nice weekend, Happy December 1st to you and Dayle
    xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos Teresa of falls and lodge which looks beautiful with it's lights. Well I certainly wouldn't want a fire but I wish I could borrow the cleaning crew. Just what I could do with at the moment. Lv Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning photos, Teresa. Thank you.

    I'm very impressed by the quality of service you are getting from your insurance company - superb! :)

    Abi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning waterfall pictures, Teresa....and stunning service from your insurance company too!! How wonderful to have all that cleaning done just before xmas....well worth delaying the festive decorating for a bit I think! Each time I visit I LoVe your beautiful Christmas house photo all over again :)
    Have a happy weekend!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing waterfall photos! I'd like to see it some day.
    Oh wow! Can you please, give us that insurance company phone? We need loads of things to be done in our house! :) But really, which insurance company does all that cleaning up stuff? sounds great!
    have a lovely Sunday, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes those cleaning crews have all their ducks in a row, and when they are done you will have a fresh and clean area where the damage is pretty much wiped away (all but the memories). It is unfortunate that all this is going on when you would much rather be decorating for the holidays. I am sure they will be done ASAP and you will be back on track in no time. The falls photos are spectacular. There are no falls close by us, flat, boring farm land that leaves a lot to be desired is all we have. Now a question for you, I see where there is an offer for $4.99 per month for added photo space. Where did you find it for $5 a year?
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely you will be all back to normal for Christmas...ship shape. That waterfall is looking powerful too. We have had too much water again in the UK. Lots of flooding with some fatalities. We have not been flooded but we have been waterlogged. A work mate could not get to work due to floods and local bridges have been impassable. The frost is making a lovely change. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos of the falls and great news about your clean up crew!!! xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with all of the posts before mine. The photos of the Falls and lodge are beautiful. I've never seen the lodge lit up at night before and it's fantastic.

    I also would like to borrow your cleaning crew-minus the fire. It sounds like they are being very thorough. How nice it will be to have fresh paint and clean walls everywhere.

    Have a lovely week Teresa.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous photo of the falls Teresa! Glad to hear that your insurance company is doing a thorough job of cleaning after your fire.
    Looking forward to seeing more photos as the month goes by...don't stress out you have a 'few' more days:)
    Blessings,
    Aimee
    PS: Our living room laminate is done now--just need to do the hallway and a few pieces of moulding. I am thinking, I might get to decorate for Christmas this year after all! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that last picture...it looks like the falls are almost glowing. Very surreal. Have a lovely week!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)