Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Looking Around the Farm and Son's Home

Hello my friends, I do hope you're having a lovely day.  Dayle is working on getting his truck ready to haul our trailer to the beach for a week - to celebrate his birthday.  I am resting up.. I had a busy day yesterday preparing for my last board meeting as president of the Friends of Multnomah Falls.  After 4 years I'm passing the baton onto the Vice President.  I'll remain on the board, do the newsletter, website and will be Events Chair.  I have one last duty as president, to run the Annual Meeting and elections.  Then.. no more being in charge of the agendas for me, baby! :-)  Today I grabbed my camera to see what I could find... I always love to take photos of our pretty barn.


But before I went outside I snapped a few images of my little bouquet of flowers on the dining room table.


Don't you love the juicy lime green center of this flower?


You can't beat Chrysanthemum, can you?


:-)


Stepping out in the chilly fresh air.. 


The huge chrysanthemum Dayle surprised me with got a bit dried up during our latest hot spell, but some of the buds are opening now.. 


My peachy pink pumpkin is doing well in the cooler temps.


Heading back into the cozy farmhouse, I spy my 2 gnomes in a pile of oak leaves right by the door.  


I snapped a photo of the top of the apple tree and had NO idea there was a bird up there!


I spied a couple of pin oak acorns on the deck.. why do I adore acorns?  


Our older son, Shawn and his wife Beth, invited us over on Sunday.  They are all moved in their new home and I just *LOVE* it!  The landscaping is so pretty.  They have a 2 car garage and a super tall and long RV garage.  My clever son had those tall commercial grade garage doors installed at the front and BACK of his RV garage so he can back his quad trailer (all terrain vehicles) on into a fenced off area in the back yard and his huge 5th wheel RV/toy hauler inside the big garage.


Their big open kitchen is a dream.. granite counters, well-lit, gas stove, wet bar on the left, a big pantry in the corner, and the other corner a nice sink with windows.. they made crock pot chili and gluten free cornbread.  It was funny as they were out of milk so used vanilla almond milk to make the cornbread.. I was a bit skeptical... but it was delicious!


The comfortable living room.. gas fireplace.. I got comfy and crocheted on my red alpaca/silk shawl while we chatted.  What a wonderful new home!  Isn't the wood floor pretty?  It's Acacia wood.  It has lots of character.


From my comfy chair I zoomed out the window at their neighbors brightly colored Sweet Gum tree.  Wow!


24 comments:

  1. It's looking very autumnal at yours Teresa, such pretty colours. Your son's new home looks lovely, the wood floors are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their house is fabulous and know we would love that rv garage ☺ You even mananged to take the picture with the bird's mouth open lol Lovely photo's and always enjoy seeing your garage ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photo's Teresa. I think nature is most beautiful in the fall.
    Love the sons flooring. And man what a tall garage door. Like the idea of a front & back garage door.
    Did you know that humans are the only species that drink the milk of another mammal? Strange but true. I prefer Almond/Coconut milk. No mucus problems! (smile) Sorry, T.M.I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!! you pictures are beautiful!...is a dreams house! hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It definitely looks as if fall has arrived in Portland! Another trip to the coast. I'm so jealous. Maybe after the first of the year Dennis and I can take a trip there. Your sons house is absolutely beautiful. I'm in love with the kitchen. We had crockpot chili and cornbread last week! I made the cornbread with vanilla almond milk too since Piper can't have dairy. I've learned to make lots of things with almond milk. Mashed potatoes aren't bad either using it although they do have a bit different taste.
    I'm missing you my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that kitchen! It is the size of an entire Japanese kitchen/dining/living room. I can still dream big like this though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son's new house looks awesome! I also liked the photo of the acorns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful new home your son and his family have! Are they close to where you live?
    Hooray for you to be passing on the baton for one of your volunteer jobs. It will be nice to have more free time to enjoy your family and crochet and all. Can't wait to hear about your next trip!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the autumn is looking beautiful in your part of the world Teresa. Your sons new home is truly amazing, I am especially impressed by that garage design.

    You have put so much of your time and effort into volunteering, you are an inspiration to us all. And I am sure that the Friends are more than delighted that you will continue with them but in other roles.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH love the pictures of the flowers, pumpkins and acorns that I adore too ! Thanks for sharing ! have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful home they are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always like seeing your farm in every season. I'm glad you're able to pass on the job you've been doing, it will be nice to have more time for yourself. Your son's home is really beautiful. Good for them, I wish them lots of happiness and good times in their new home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanna go! I wanna go! Wish we could take off for the beach for my birthday too! I wonder if Dayle and I share a birthday? 11-2? I always love seeing your pretty red and white barn. It's so pretty. Love your son's new home too! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The farm is looking beautiful all dressed up in Autumn colors. Your sons new house is really wonderful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Theresa,

    Thank you for popping over to my blog! What a beautiful place of the world you live in. I like the same thing about blogging that you do. Isn't it fun to have a look in how others around the world live!

    Wishing you a Happy autumn! Love your pumpkins!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The picture of your red barn is wonderful.....maybe the best one yet!! Love your son's new home, what a wonderful family-friendly space they have created...I wish them every happiness there.
    Your flowers are so pretty, and the pots and pumpkins look perfectly autumnal!
    Wishing you a happy week, Teresa.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a gorgeous new home. Makes me want to move !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I share your love of acorns! They are just too cute with their little "hats". Your chrysanthemum photos are gorgeous! I didn't buy any this year so please feel free to post many, many photos so I can enjoy yours! Have a great time at the beach:)
    Blessings, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love seeing pictures of fall at the farm! Love those pumpkins. :) Your son's house is awesome. So very clever of him to get the taller garage door. Wishing them much happiness in their new home. Hope you have a most lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed the photos. The Fall colors are so pretty! Your son's house looks great! How nice to have an RV garage!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your son's home is beautiful. Love all the signs and colours of Autumn you have shared with us. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's looking like fall at your house! Ours too. You have such a good photographic eye.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You caught photos of so many pretty autumnal sights, Teresa, and your son's new home is a lovely modern castle. I wonder if the bird in the apple tree is a starling...it is cool that he sneaked into your photo :-) We celebrated Rosie's first B'day today so I had fun snapping photos of her. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your barn too Teresa. Wish I had something like that in my yard - imagine how much yarn I could store in it !! Your son and daughter-in-law's new home is gorgeous. Pretty pics of your flowers too. xox

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)