Monday, November 2, 2015

Cue the Turkey, Enter Stage Left

Hello my friends!  Thanks for stopping in for a visit!  We had a nice Halloween, it was fairly quiet for Dayle and I but the boys were invited to a friend's house from school for a party so off they went to that in the evening.  They came home tired from running around like maniacs.. lol.   Yesterday I packed up all the Halloween specific decorations, left out the Autumn things like pumpkins and set out the turkeys and pilgrims for the next holiday - Thanksgiving.  There was some weak sunshine in the dining room this morning and Buddy found a warm spot in a ray of sun.  Don't mind the oven racks that I noticed after I'd taken this photo.  Dayle took them out of the oven to bake some mac and cheese on Saturday.  :-)


Kristi gave me the pilgrim couple last year.



It's amazing how the Indian corn lasts from year to year.  The big pillar candle is spice scented.  I will light it each evening.


I love this big old clear glass turkey candy dish.  I might have to fill it with some fall colored candy!



I'm not sure how long ago I found this pair of small glass turkey candleholders, but they are just neat.  Here's a closeup of one of them.



How about some photos of our Halloween?  I got this spooky photo of a ghost bride decoration we hung up on the gazebo.  Kind of funny as the wind would blow her around and I'd wonder who was out there!  :-)


Here is Hayden in his costume.. he is fascinated with "bony guys".  


Caleb was some sort of ninja.  See the sword he has aimed at his brother?  He had way too much fun with that sword and I had to confiscate it a few times. :-)


My daughter posted a photo of our two granddaughters on Facebook.. so I stole it to show you all how cute they looked and how much they are growing up.  Amy said she would be bringing Jenna and Paige to visit us this summer, so that is something to look forward to.  :-)


My hibiscus is blooming today.. oh how I love that tree!  


I won't be swimming this week.  I have come down with a cold.  So, I'll be sitting by the fire and possibly putting a few more rows in the wedding blanket.  I do hope I can say it's finished soon so I can move on to my next project -- crocheting two pairs of pink baby booties for two little girls to be born to my niece and my cousin's daughter.  :-)  I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

19 comments:

  1. Wow! The light coming through the window into the dining room and the light coming through the turkey candle holder looks beautiful and your photo of the hibiscus looks 3D on my computer...like I could pick the hibiscus bloom right from my computer screen! It is neat that you got a photo of the boys in costume by your door with leaves on the ground and then a similar pose of the girls in front of their door with leaves on the ground...and both sets of grands featured some bones on their costumes :) I'm impressed that you already are decorated for Thanksgiving! Some folk from our household are already wanting to put the Christmas tree up, but others are counseling waiting at least until after Thanksgiving. I hope you get well fast and that you get a lot of stitching done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, how the girls have grown! Hope you feel better soon. That hibiscus is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa again I have to say you have the best decorations and photos are fabulous....those girls have sure grown and fantastic they are coming to visit 😀😀oooh and hope you feel a lot better quick 💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun Halloween for the children Teresa. Your table is looking great....the new festivities loom. Get well soon there's a lot of colds around here too and poor Daisy has chicken pox x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're under the weather, no pun intended. Take care of yourself and you'll be back in tip-top shape soon.
    All the kids look great in their costumes. The girls are growing up so fast.
    Sweet Buddy taking in the dining room sunlight. Love that little fellow. And it's always nice to see him in your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table looks so cute. I love how you decorate for all the holidays. The grandchildren look so great in their costumes, I hope they had lots of fun on Halloween. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teresa. Always love seeing your different decorations to mark the holidays. I've been busy with Phoebe's birthday and visitors. My son and grandsons visited last week also saw lot of granddaughters. They all had half term holiday last week! Your GD's are growing up fast - just like mine! Glad you have a visit to look forward to. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hard to believe the year is progressing so rapidly. Your photos are so pretty and I love that hibiscus. Gorgeous.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy! You don't waste any time with changing out holidays do you Teresa? I love all of your Thanksgiving goodies, especially the pilgrim couple. Cute pictures of all of your grandpas and I'm so happy you'll get to see your girls next summer. I know how much that means to you my friend. I hope you feel better very soon. Lots of hot tea and Vicks on your feet!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do so love your dining room, that table in front of all of those windows is always looking lovely. The light is wonderful, and it's always nice to have a pretty view to look out at. Brilliant Hallowe'en costumes, I'm glad they had a good time. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please get better soon. Sub
    Ch lovely photos and the best news ever about the girls coming on a visit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each image adorable . I need to up my TUrkey decor! I plan to head to the craft faire Friday !!!!!!
    Allison my daughter flies in tomorrow!!!! Just 4 days but we will take it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, your table looks just gorgeous. I especially love those glass turkey candleholders. The light shining through them is beautiful. Your grandchildren, like mine, are growing up way too quickly!
    Have a lovely rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your grands look so sweet. I know they enjoyed Halloween. Take care and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I barely do well to get Christmas decorations up. And you have already put away Halloween and moved on to Thanksgiving. WOW! Lovely table as always. Cute grandkids. Love kids in Halloween costumes.
    Hope your cold gets better soon.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanksgiving deco's look good Teresa and I agree that glass turkey dish would look beautiful with different coloured candies inside. Those two boys of yours are characters .. love their Halloween costumes. Hope they got lots of treats. Take care of yourself ad I hope that cold gets better soon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sorry you are under the weather, but how nice to have projects to work on.
    I love the energy of your life and your Thanksgiving decor, is perfect.
    I recognize the happy feeling you get from setting out those lovely treasured collections.
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope your cold gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Teresa, Looks like Halloween was a great success! Love the costumes and seeing the kids! Turkeys everywhere!!!!! Love your table and a gorgeous hibiscus, mine too is blooming indoors and also xmas cactus/thanksgiving!
    Hope you are feeling better soon, hugs xo Robin

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)