Greeting fellow Earthlings! I finally am using my Lumix DMC-FZ1000 again. I don't know if I told you but when I got my new MacBook Pro it did not come with a media card port, it only has 4 ports and they're all the same.. Thunderbolt 3 ports. SO.. I had to buy a media card reader that would go into the T3 port. So, now finally I can use my camera again. All of these photos are from the camera. We are feeding the wild birds on the deck since it's so snowy they have no food to find. This is a Stellar's Jay.
They have a black crown and gorgeous blue body feathers.
This is a Western Scrub Jay. We also call them "Camp Robbers". :-)
Here are the two together, they're the biggest of the birds using our deck as a dining room. :-)
Here's the whole gang. We also have a Mourning Dove visiting.
It was cold out so I snapped this quickly so you can still see how much snow we have. None of it is pristine.. the boys have been having fun outside so there is a footprint on everything. LOL!
I found some old photos on the camera that were taken before I realized that I could not get the images OFF the camera onto my new computer. Here is my Christmas Cactus with three different plants in one pot. Red, pink and white flowers.
A red one.
I also found this gorgeous Hibiscus photo on it.
I joined my sisters Denise and Roberta and honorary sister Shirley for lunch this week on Tuesday. We went on to an old fashioned drug store in Canby where Shirley had seen a collection of Jim Shore figurines for sale. This cute little guy followed me home. He's a patriotic Santa! :-) What do you think?
Now here is my other new Christmas decoration. I'd seen a few of these red metal trucks on other blogs and magazine articles and even a TV movie - and fell in love. So, on several occasions I'd googled and googled never to find one. FINALLY on my last try I found one on the Hobby Lobby website and it was on sale for half price.. it was $15. I stuck one of my little trees in the back and it's all set for next year. I am also going to use it for other holiday decorations. Isn't it cute?
We are staying in again.. works for me. I will knit on my pink "pussy cat" hat to wear in support of the Women's March. It appears that the new Senate stayed up until 2 am to delete all the good things that had been put in place to help middle class and poor people in health care. Just so you know what is going on here. ((hugs)), Teresa :-(
- blocked an amendment that would have protected people with pre-existing conditions
- blocked an amendment that makes it easier for young people to stay on their parent’s plans until they are 26
- blocked an amendment allowing contraception to be covered under health insurance
- blocked an amendment protecting the expansion of Medicaid
- blocked an amendment that would make it easier for children to be covered under Medicare/CHIP
- Republicans blocked an amendment by Sen. Tester (D-MT) that would have made it harder to restrict veterans’ ability to access VA health care. While Democrats have sought to provide better funding and health care access at the VA, Donald Trump has proposed eliminating the agency altogether through privatization. A poll in 2015 found that almost two-thirds of survey respondents oppose plans to replace VA health care with a voucher system, an idea backed by many Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates.