Monday, April 10, 2017

Getting Things Done

We're working on things around the farm.  The chicken house was delivered on Friday afternoon amongst much excitement.  The boys were pretty impressed with it and thought they would like to live in it.  :-)



Now it's in front of the garage while Dayle installs the automatic door.  


This is such a well-built little coop, there are two light fixtures inside and electrical outlets on both ends.  See it lit up?



Here he is with the electric door getting ready to install it.



Here is a better photo of the nests on the right.  They will be filled with fresh yellow straw and we got some fake eggs to put in there so the chickens know where to lay.



And we hired a pond maintenance company to super clean our creek, waterfalls and pond.  I thought I'd share what it looks like empty.  :-) We lost our Koi in the big freeze but had two older goldfish.. but they had hidden behind some rocks and Kristi had to pull them out using kitchen tongs.  They are still alive although one of them is not doing super well.  :-(


Our Daphne took a big hit too in the freeze and it's NOT looking well.  Only a few little bunches of flower are on it.. it looks near dead.  :-(


Anyhoo.. I have to rush off to my DAR meeting, so I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic chicken coop, lucky chickens! I shall look forward to seeing them when they've settled in. I hope the daphne bounces back a bit, the fish as well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chicken coop looks comfortable enough to be a spare bedroom :-) you'll have the happiest chickens ever! There is still life in the daphne and I hope it will make a full recovery over the summer. Wishing you a happy week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, those chickens are going to live in style! It looks like a really nice coup. I'm sorry about your fish and your flower. It's been a harsh winter on everyone. We had snow here this morning! My rhubarb was covered with white flakes when I woke up. Is spring ever going to arrive and stay?
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what lucky chickens and yay to Dayle fitting a special door Teresa!! Shame about some of your fish and hope both gold fish are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the chickens will be living in a deluxe house! Great for the boys to see how eggs are produced and chickens grow. Hope that all will be well with the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chicken house is a really pretty one, like a little cottage! Lucky chickens! I hope the spring helps your daphne plant recover. Wishing you a happy week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow can I live in the chicken coop...it's huge! It will be great to restock your pond Teresa..my Dad's fish did survive this winter but we had it pretty mild. Happy Tuesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new chicken house is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised the koi bit the dust. Ah well - must have been a sign to give the pond a good cleaning...
    I think I would give just about anything to have two days in a row of sunshine. drizzle grumbling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I like that chicken coop. I'll come and live in it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. We unanimously approve of your new chicken house! I look forward to following your flock, and hope the pond and stream, goldfish and the Daphne will all thrive and that you and yours will have a happy week. I plan to see you at the pool tomorrow🤗

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a posh hen house and your Dayle is such a clever fellow. Looks like he had a fair bit of work putting it all together. You will surely have the most spoilt hens in town. I remember those coloured eggs - was that last year or before? I saw your FB post about losing your koi. That's so sad as from your posts I think they were like family members too. Hope the new ones do well. xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well now you've done it. I want a chicken coop and I dont even have chickens. I love that you put fake eggs in to teach them where to lay. Such a fascinating post. Have fun at DAR

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)