Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Eclipse Images and Fire Planes

I have seen a few really amazing images of the eclipse that I wanted to share with you.  Isn't this first one amazing?


How about this one!?


And this one was taken by my friend Keturah!!  No filter, using her Canon camera during totality!


I've started a little baby blanket for Travis' work and fishing friend Ernie who's wife is expecting their 2nd child.  I'm using the pastel colorway called "Candy" of the Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable line of acrylic yarn.  I do love how fun it is to use the and how it self-stripes.


Dayle and I drove to Stevenson, WA yesterday to have lunch at Big T's diner.  We saw some airplanes flying low over the river on our way there, so on the way back we realized that there were 4 of them, called Aero-Flite Scoopers.  After lunch we parked in our favorite river watching spot in Cascade Locks Marine Park and enjoyed seeing all 4 of them come in, skim along the water, fill their tanks and then rise to fly off and drop the water to fight a fire on the Pacific Crest Trail.



See it start to lift off the water?  Can you imagine flying your plane and scooping water into it?  These pilots must be very brave and very skilled!


Rising into the sky.


Heading to the fire.. imagine how they have to dive into canyons to drop the water!


I must tell you that trying to get photos of these guys as they fly past was not easy!



A pretty good shot of it as it flew by.



Zooooomm...


Dayle got this one as it flew low over us.  Neat, huh?



It's getting a bit busy around here!  My cousin from Oklahoma and his wife are arriving soon, hauling their 34 foot 5th wheel trailer.  They'll be here a few days before heading to Seattle to catch a cruise ship to Alaska.  I'm heading off to swim soon and then I volunteer at Multnomah Falls tomorrow.  What are you up to this fine Wednesday?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. Great photos! I always assumed planes that carry water are filled up with a hose. How interesting to learn the water is scooped up.

    I just collapsed on my armchair, having returned home with our messages. That's the Scottish way of saying that I have been grocery shopping. Hope you had a lovely swim. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Eclipse pictures Teresa! Thanks so much for sharing. And those planes - yikes. I can't imagine coming onto the water to load up and then swinging up again. Talented folks who fly those planes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fab photos Teresa! Those planes are amazing. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant photos of the eclipse and the fire plane. Yes those pilots must be very brave. Such pretty wool for the baby blanket. Good luck with your visitors. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the eclipse photos AND the airplane. Pretty interesting to realize that is how they fill up with water. I loved your comment about your son's eclipse party at work. Sounds like fun to me! lol I have some Cleome seed pods, if you would be interested in putting some in your garden. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent eclipse pictures for your family in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great eclipse photos. I had seen the first one on Facebook and thought it was amazing. I also saw one today online that was taken as an Alaska airlines plane flew past Depoe Bay, OR. That was one fantastic photo too! We've had planes coming in and scooping water off of our lake for a couple of months now. I always find it interesting and fascinating to watch. So many fires everywhere again this year. I hope you had a great day.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the great photos of the eclipse and the fire fighting plane. I think I have only seen helicopters with buckets before. The new baby blanket is sweet in that color way. Carolyn and I drove as far as Rock Springs WY today and enjoyed seeing the wide open spaces, curious rock formations and mountain ridges, more Black-eyed Susans, and gorgeous cloud formations and some lightening bolts, too! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pilots would definitely have to be very skilled to do that over and over again. One of my youngest boys best friends from high school has just moved to Seattle to start university so he's looking forward to visiting him there one day. Happy crocheting. The baby blanket is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shots of the eclipse and also of the planes. I also love the Unforgettable yarn - I have one ball sitting here beside me as I type - its been frogged several times and I really don't know what to make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I Love your photos. WOWZa .The eclipse, very cool. The brave airline pilots have my utmost respect. Today is about listening to a heartbroken daughter cry . It is about not giving advice. It is about just being there, even though I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those were great eclipse shots you shared, Teresa, and your eclipse party that you posted about before looked like fun as well. The baby blanket is a lovely group of colors, bright and cheerful looking. I agree that the pilots who fly those planes are quite brave and well experienced it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing photos of the both the eclipse and the plane. We are busy with guests too, it is so much fun showing my daughter and grandaughters around our Island paradise. Love the blanket such a lovely colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos of the eclipse and of the plane too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing pictures of the planes, you captured them so well. Love your sweet new baby blanket...those colours are so delicious. Hope you have a great time with your visitors and lots of fun this weekend dear Teresa. xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing photos all around Teresa. The eclipse photos were incredible. And how interesting to see the plane pick up water. Hope those fires go out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teresa - thanks for sharing the eclipse photos in both of your posts. We were in San Francisco during the eclipse, and didn't take the time to get glasses for safe viewing, so I am glad to see yours! I hadn't seen these fire planes before; in Montana, the helicopters carry buckets that they lower into the water ... that seems a bit safer to me!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)