Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Pot Shopping

I've been wanting a bigger pot for my hibiscus so I called our favorite nursery to see if she had any, no.. but she told me about a new place that was selling pottery in their front yard.  I found the place and called to see where it was and we visited yesterday.  The name of the place is on their sign, Pretty Pottery.


A woman and her two daughters helped us.  They are from Vietnam and all the pottery is made there and shipped to them.  After looking at all of them I chose one of these.  I liked the rustic look of this design and the embossed designs.


There were so many choices!!  Which one would you select for yourself?


The whole front yard was full of pots, the side yard and their garage.  It was fun to look at them all.


I was drawn to the green and brown one.


I also loved the brown/green/blue ones.


And the tall metallic ones and the squatty pot ones.  :-)


So many choices!


The only ones I did not like were the brown and white ones.  They look like a seagull had flown over.. lol.


I wondered how they got the hammered look on these. 


These are the 3 we brought home.  I hope to pot the hibiscus today and do some pruning.


Our grandsons started school this week!  Here is Hayden all set for his first day.  Apparently the fashion trend in 4th graders is to wear shorts and tall socks.  :-)


Here is Caleb.  He's decided he does not like his curly hair and has slicked it down flat.  And 3rd grade fashion is also long shorts and tall socks.  Love those boys!


Dayle and I ran our Tuesday errands.  To pick up something at Multnomah Falls, deliver a box of pins there, to the bank where Dayle met a bird.  A Moluccan Cockatoo!  His owner even took a photo of them.  :-)


I thought I'd share this eclipse photo taken of a rock climber at Smith Rock here in Oregon.  Cool, huh?


We have been watching news coverage of Hurricane Harvey's devastation in Texas.  It breaks our hearts and we immediately donated to the Red Cross who does such great work in rescuing and caring for the victims of this horrible flood.  Please donate if you can and keep those people in your thoughts and prayers.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pots! I think my favourites are the tall green ones :) Have a great rest-of-the-week ๐Ÿ˜€
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pots. My favorites are the blue rounded ones in one of the first photos. We have donated Samaritan's Purse the help the hurricane victims. What a horrible thing. That missile that was launched by N. Korea this week went directly over Alex's home. This Mama's heart is scared to death but trying to stay calm in the face of all that is happening around the world. On a brighter note...a great picture of Dayle and of the rock climber. Thanks for the smiles.
    Blessings always,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys looks great! The long shorts/tall socks thing is a trend here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd pick the cobalt blue planters every time. I have one and look to purchase a few more. The cobalt blue looks so striking against the green in my garden.
    I don't believe I've every seen a bird with a harness before. Pretty bird.
    The boys look grand and such sweet smiles for the first day of school. Their look reminds me of the soccer players. Very cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all those pots. I'd be the one getting blue and brown. I like the orange red hammered ones too. But in reality I'd buy either the dark grey or the brown ones with leaf patterns on them. I like big pots but they are hard to move. I tend to move them into the garage when the weather becomes freezing, like it did this past winter. So therefore I get ones that are lighter. But may need one for my chinese lantern plant that needs to be in a bigger pot as it's huge and I just bought it last fall! Yes, Houston and other parts of TX are hard hit and have been praying and helped out as well from here. School starts Tues here in our district. Good looking grandsons. Now I'm headed off to eat some ice cream as it's calling me! I went shopping for a pan to put into the oven and use on stove top. Found one. Then went shopping for a new phone, will get one soon. Happy week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chose a lovely pot! I would choose a deep cobalt blue one, I think. It looks like the boys are off to a fine start for school, and Dayle made an interesting friend :) The eclipse photo is really neat! While I was gone the ladies in the baby blanket making group completed a pile of blankets that I got to see this morning. Hurricane Harvey has created so much need to be met. I am am praying for all and I am glad you are among those who are helping. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing to see how many different ways there are to make a pot isn't it! They had a very wide selection indeed. Enjoy planting yours up and the effect the produce in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those two boys look so handsome going back to school. Our Grandchildren go back next week, it will be both Wilbur and Daisy's first day at school. I love all the pots they were all quite striking. My heart too goes out to all those affected by the floods both in your own Country and in India. A terrible time for so many. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful pots! I don't think I'd be able to make up my mind - ever. Hope the hibiscus likes its new home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There sure was a huge selection of pots to choose from. You did well. I wonder if those people put all those pots away each night?? Would be a mammoth job wouldn't it? Aren't the kids funny with their fashion trends ... your boys are growing up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a beautiful blue hibiscus in my garden and added a second one this year because I love it so much. My favourite garden pot is a large metallic one that Hubby brought home years ago. He said it came from Africa originally.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG the shorts and knee highs for boys cracked me up when I first saw it in woodburn ten years ago. At least it's better than the sz 46 with the crotch down to the knees and one hand holding them up fashion trend that hit canby when my boy was in 3rd grade and I prayed it would go away by the time my kid hit junior high....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im drawn to indigo blues, so that's my color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those deep indigo pots. Beautiful. Lovely choices. And neat eclipse shot. Dayle's new friend is cute - does he speak? I think the long shorts/tall socks thing is a trend on the East Coast as well. Hard to believe it's Back to School time already.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of gorgeous pots...so hard to choose, but the ones you picked are lovely. Your boys look great and all ready for school again. I love seeing the styles that come and go with young ones x Wishing you a happy weekend dear Teresa. xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'd love to visit that pot place, looks wonderful. You definitely made a great choice. Love your grandsons school outfits :). B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photos! Love the one of your DH and the bird. So where is that pottery place? It looks amazing! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. IT has been quite a week. The hurricane, the devastating fires, the pardon, the nutcase in office. I could go on and on. The boys look so ready for school. They are both growing up. Hope you are enjoying your weekend Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teresa - I have to say, when I first read your post title, I thought you might be shopping for something other than plant pots - LOL! I like the tall metallic ones - they have some difference and shine without the bright blue - not sure I could pull that off in my garden. We have a nephew in Houston and he was very blessed to stay dry and with power even though the waters came up to the end of his driveway. Have a great Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness....that's like clay pot heaven! LOL! It had to be difficult to choose from so many beautiful pots! Your Grandsons look so handsome in their new school outfits but I miss Caleb's curly hair. ;-( And that eclipse photo is just awesome! I have Texas in my prayers also...feel so bad for them.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)