Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Beach Bums

Yesterday we made the trip to our favorite place at the beach.  It's just north of Depoe Bay, Oregon and this is our view.  :-)  It's grey here and misty.. but the sun shone briefly over the Pacific Ocean last evening so I got a few pretty shots of the sea. 


I wish you could hear the waves crashing against the sand.


We haven't been here in a while and I've missed the ocean so much.  


The little people on the beach give you some idea of the dimension of it all.


We left the farm at noon and scooted through Portland with very little problem.  We took Interstate 205 which joins I-5 near Wilsonville where we headed south to Salem, then exited there to head to the Oregon Beaches, to Sheridan and then south heading down to Lincoln City and to our destination just north of Depoe Bay.  Almost 3 hours.  I drove my Ford FLEX so we had a smaller car to do all our adventuring once here and didn't have to use the monster Dodge 1 ton dual wheel truck which truthfully isn't too easy to find a spot to park.  :-)


Dayle expertly back the trailer in to our space while Buddy and I watched.  He then hooked up the water, electricity and cable and now we're all cozy and warm in our caravan.  We each made our own coffee and breakfast and now all we have to do is decide what adventure we want to do today and where we'll have a late lunch.  Oh, the life of being retired.  


The boys got their school photos so I thought I'd share them with you.  Caleb is certainly growing up and looking so mature!  He's only 8!



Hayden is 9 and such a good boy.  They are both doing really well in school.  We're so proud of our grandsons.



The sea gulls are swooping past the window and a whole flock of pelicans went by last evening.




I brought just a few decorations for the table and we have an autumn toned tablecloth we keep in the caravan for our October visits.  One of the motorhomes here has two strands of Halloween lights strung across it's front window, kind of neat.  A storm is coming in and we're getting buffeted by winds and the ocean has white caps.  But we're happy as can be watching it all from our warm little home.  I hope you're enjoying your day!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of the boys. Glad you’re settled in your caravan. Enjoy the ocean. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so inviting to me. I know you are enjoying every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful get away you are on. I have fond memories of me, my children and my parents camping along the Oregon coast. From all my travels, I think the Pacific Northwest is the most beautiful place in the world. Buddy looks so sweet. And, what handsome grandsons you have! My grandson is eight years old, too. Enjoy your vacation. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter made a flying visit home - driving down to Cannon Beach tonight. Hopefully the big wind storm will turn out to be puny.
    Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could hear the ocean too! I do miss that sound. Have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just occurred to me at 8:30pm that is Wednesday and you might have posted! Thanks for the beautiful post. The weather folk said the worst of the wind was supposed to be before 8:00pm on the channel I watched. The ocean views are gorgeous, and you do look cozy. Great parking, Dayle! Good to see your handsome grandsons, and "Hi Buddy!" Love to you all. I have been out and about all day, working more on your shell on shell pattern baby blanket, and now I hope to finish your latest hat pattern :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures Teresa. You know I'm jealous. We have plans to come to the coast, hopefully in the spring for a week. We shall see. I've learned not to set plans too firmly into stone. Ha! Stay safe and enjoy!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the ocean, there is nothing better than watching the waves break either on sand or rocks, sheer bliss. Have a wonderful break away. The photos of the boys are a real delight, they are growing up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your visit. Your location is beautiful. Those grandsons of yours sure are handsome! Love your table decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos Teresa, enjoy your break xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have quite the band of clouds streaming through the PNW. It really doesn't matter because when you're by the sea, all is well. Sounds like you're snug in your cozy caravan and enjoying life. Have a wonderful time. Sending a little hug to Buddy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so cute to bring some decorations with you!!! Hooray for Halloween. Your grandsons are great and will be wonderful adults as you are showing them great family love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely beach photos ... enjoy your holiday. My goodness your boys are growing up fast. Their school photos are beautiful. Pretty handsome dudes eh? Its lovely that Buddy gets to go away with you. Bet he loves to play on the beach. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Watching a storm from your cozy trailer sounds like so much fun. Ah to be retired, I can't even imagine. Stay safe and enjoy the beautiful view Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. IT looks blissful, just my kind of thing. And I have to say I totally approve of your colourful soft furnishing - hooky goodness at it's best! Hope you enjoy a fabulous time by the sea xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Teresa love all the pics and those boys sure have grown up ☺☺ I have linked to your blog my crochet hat too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your Bright and Beautiful Crochet,and of course Buddy is adorable too.Lovely to have a snuggly trailer to stay in when you want to visit a Beautiful place.I must say I do adore those lil Pumpkins soooo cute.xxx Cuddle for Buddy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. forgot to mention your very handsome grandsons.x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)