Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Handmade Score

Hi there!  How is your festive month going along?  We're enjoying the heck out of it.  :-)  At our DAR meeting we had another White Elephant sale to raise money for a scholarship we award each year.  I bought this neat handmade candelabra for $3!  


I put my polka dotted candles in it and I think it looks neat.


I'm so curious about it's past.. I think the maker is the signature below and the name above is one of it's owners over time.  Dayle, Kristi and I think the Delma painted it red, as why would it be stained and varnished on the bottom if it was to be painted by it's maker?  And we also think he would have done a tidier job of painting it.. what do you think?


Mr. Emrick.. I wonder what your first name was?  But your handiwork is in good hands now being used in a century old farmhouse by a busy and happy little family.


Our Christmas cactus is growing nicely, but it is NOT covered with blooms.  I can only surmise that it is putting it's energy into it's root growth and not into flowers.  ::shrug::


This is the bay window behind our easy chairs.. we get lots of natural light from it which I love.  We've had to lower the bamboo shades this week as it's been sunny and bright.


Meeka's dad, our son Shawn, is at work now at Nabisco for the 3rd week... so his dog has been coming to Dayle and I for attention.  :-)  My nickname for her is "Big Fluffy".


I came across this amazing image on Facebook, it's Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood.. taken by a drone with a camera attached to it.  Isn't it neat?


I'm over my illness and will be heading to the pool for the first time in 3 weeks today.  It's so cold outside that it takes quite a bit of fortitude to make myself go.. but I will do it.. I will.  I will.  I hope you have a wonderful week!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

15 comments:

  1. Your new candelabra is so sweet. I love how you’re trying to figure out it’s history. :-). Meeka is precious. Just look at that sweet face. Love the photo of Mt. Hood. I’ve seen it a few places online and gasp at its beauty each time. Just like Dori in “Finding Nemo”, just keep swimming!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meeka is so beautiful. The drone image is amazing Teresa. How you dive into a cold pool in winter is beyond me! ! GOOD JOB LADY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Meeka is quite a beauty! Glad you are feeling better, keep at the swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meeka sure is lovely and happy you are feeling a lot better. You would love the hot weather here instead lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are quite a detective about that candelabra, it made me chuckle. Love the drone picture. Our cacti are flowering well, I wonder if yours is a later Easter flowering version; it looks very healthy. Good luck with the swim. B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking lovely at yours Teresa. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your swim. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new candelabra - and especially your polka dot candles! Meeka is so pretty. Hope the new job works out well for your son. Cool drone picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helloooo.love that candle holder and the polka dot candles are sooo cool.Your sons dog is sooo beautiful,of course Buddy is adorable too.I have a Christmas Cactus a lovely pink,i do have blooms coming out on it but it's not as big or bushy as yours.Hope you have power now.Thanks for you lovely comment.Huggles xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Teresa. Good news to hear you are feeling better. I loved seeing your new candelabra. The design is very "Swedish" or Scandinavian in the way it is made and the red color. And, your candles (both designs) are so lovely; I wish I had candles like that! Your home looks so beautiful in it's Christmas decor. Enjoy your day, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are feeling better Teresa. It is nice to have a light flooded sitting area, isn't it? I have a living room that is south facing and when the sun is out, it is beautiful. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been given two cacti plants by a friend. One was grown from one that belonged to her mum. My friend is 83!I have had a lot of blooms, really pleased with them. Love the candle holder. The photo of Timberline Lodge and Mt Hood is stunning. Glad you feeling better. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just came across your blog. I love your candelabra I have the sam candles from Cath Kidston.Meeka is beautiful.The drone picture is fabulous t all looks so pretty. It that a Christmas cactus I have one that has never flowered in the 10 years i have been looking after it. Have a lovely weekend Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely red candle holder and the dotty candles look pretty in it! I always wonder about the history of things too, especially when they have names on! Glad you are feeling better, Teresa. Hope you enjoyed your swim. xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an incredible photo. I am so glad you are feeling better Teresa. I wish you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The candelabra and your candles are so pretty and the photo is amazing! My Christmas Cactus was blooming when I left OR and Carolyn was given a lovely one with pink blossoms. Your plant looks very healthy in spite of it's lack of blooms, but I hope it decides to bloom soon for you.xxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)