Friday, December 8, 2017

White Elephant Sale Bonanza!

Yesterday was our Portland Women's Forum meeting.  As a fund raiser, we have a White Elephant Sale at each meeting.  The members bring things they no longer want or even make things special for it.  I must say, it's doing very well for our Treasury!  But.. in an effort to make the sale successful.. well.. I may or may not be one of the most enthusiastic supporters of the sale.  :-D  I mean.. it would be rude not to, wouldn't it?  But how could you pass up this hand-made LARGE quilted and hand cross-stitched decoration?  


My entire haul.  :-)  Which one of these might you have *had* to buy?  Everything you see was between 50 cents to $4.


Our president and my good friend Bev made these adorable quilted tree ornaments with bells on the bottom.  $2 each.


My long-time friend Diane brought several pieces of Corning Ware - I thought this would be handy here.  $4.  Diane and I met in a barn sale 40 years ago!  I said to her "If you see a stainless steel bucket, can you let me know?"  She goes, I'm looking for one of those too, I have dairy goats.  I said, I do too!  I said I have 3 kids, she said, I do too!  She said her husband was a railroad engineer and I said.. MINE TOO!  A friendship made in heaven.  We were Dairy Goat 4-H leaders together for 5 years!  We showed goats and the children earned ribbons and trophies.  Those were great days.


I don't know who brought this but I figured that chocolate TEA would be allowed on my low carb regimen.. right?  Right???


I got these scented ball candles for 50 cents ea.


I snapped this up because who doesn't want to slather something called "body butter" all over themselves?  Apparently Neroli oil is sweet orange essence.  Hmm.


My adorable and wonderful younger sister is a member and she handed me this FABULOUS bunting she sewed!!  OMGoodness!  I love it, thank you!! Isn't she the sweetest sister EVER?


Dayle and I hung these up with the help of our 9 yr old grandson, Hayden, who climbed up on a chair to get these installed.  I love how they look!



I hung my big snowflakes on the old light fixture, it always looks festive to me.


We took the boys and our son Travis to the Dragon Palace Chinese restaurant last night.  I chose "Happy Family" for my meal, my old favorite had flour and noodles and delicious things.  Well.. Happy Family didn't make me happy.  I'll have to try something else next time.  :-(


A mellow weekend is scheduled.  Seems I have another hat to make, my older son wants one all in black... I guess I need to go shopping in my yarn stash.  But to be honest, I don't think I have much black.  Or do I have to... buy more?  :-)

*********************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
********************************************* 

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you found some really fun things. I really like the quilted ornaments and the Crosstitch too. I like corning ware though, so I may have had to choose that. I don’t know, I like everything you chose! Ha! The bunting is beautiful. What a sweet gift from your sister.
    Shopping for yarn, sounds like fun to me. Have a great weekend my friend. Ours is turning into a busy one. We have a dinner with friends tonight, breakfast with other friends tomorrow. An open house at 1:00 to see another friends new home they just bought. Then, another dinner tomorrow night with a different group of people. Food everywhere. No wonder I can’t lose weight.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Teresa and sure love all that you bought. Those snow flakes are beautiful and make me feel cool while hot here lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Teresa, all I can say is if I'd been at the White Elephant sale, you would have had competition vying for several of the items you purchased. Love the handmade items the most! And like you said, "who doesn't like to slather" on some nice smelling body butter!
    Isn't this some strange dry weather we're having? Hope we get a few days of snow soon. It would be the cherry on top for Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That White Elephant sale looks like a lot of fun! I would have bought many things! I also love a good Chinese restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL .. you always have to buy more yarn Teresa !! You did very well at the sale. Everything looks lovely. Wish we had something like that here - afraid my city is not very crafty minded. Although, having said that, there's usually a fairly good turn-out for the annual craft fair - but that's more for supplies. I'll be interested to hear what that chocolate tea tastes like (probably chocolate) .. never heard of it. Enjoy !! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great haul Teresa...real beauties. Have a wonderful weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa

    What a fun post! I LOVE your finds. The corning ware ROCKS it. I don't have any with handles. Now I must scour the shops for one!!! ANd Im so so jealous of your bunting. I want bunting for my porch in the worst way. Just can't seem to find one I like at a good price! Enjoy your weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you did well. Love the bunting and the snowflakes. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bunting is especially fabulous. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on the sale items. I hope you rested up and are feeling much better now. I got a ton done this weekend, I feel so much better prepared for Christmas now. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It may not be the right black and you'll have to shop even more.
    Black and gray are difficult colors to get right.
    Fabulous haul at your white elephant sale.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your Bargains.We make quilted Tree Ornaments in our Quilting Group,I Love the Bauble with the cross stitch on,I used to teach cross stitch.That bunting is so pretty you are a clever family.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did get some wonderful items at the sale, and the bunting Denise made for you looks perfect over your dining room window! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)