Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Laptop Cover, Crochet & Cookery

Hi there!  I just had to show you the new laptop cover I found for my MacBook Pro.  When I ordered this laptop they only had two colors, silver or space grey.  I went with the dark grey for a change of pace, but boy does it show the dust.  I'm constantly cleaning it.  So when I saw that a company was making wood covers with thin veneers of real wood I knew I wanted one.  The choices of wood are wonderful, cedar, walnut, maple, mahogany, cherry.. and redwood burl.. bingo.. I fell in love.  It arrived yesterday and I put it on and have been enjoying it ever since.  Such a nice feel of wood instead of cold metal!


I am not affiliated with the company, just sharing my find, it comes from "Cover-Up".  They even have shell and stone covers.  I think it's really cool.


I've gotten a few more rows of my Woodland Blanket done, I'm doing a fairly wide blanket so it's not growing fast by any means.  I won't win any races here, but that's okay.  I'm doing random striping and doing my own thing that way, but Lucy is totally cool with that.  :-)


I've had a few people ask me about the low carb regimen I'm on and so I hope you don't get tired of seeing my cooking!  Costco had a big sale on whole beef tenderloins so we got a few more and Dayle will be cutting steaks and Kristi said she'd work with him and vacuum packing them in 2 steak bags for the freezer.  I'm all set!  :-)  Below is a steak grilling on my Le Creuset grill pan, the whole meal only takes 15-20 minutes to make.  I put the meat on, sprinkle it with garlic powder, pepper, NuNu's Cajun seasoning and some Worcestershire.  While I'm grilling the meat I snap off the ends of asparagus and slice some fresh mushrooms and add them to the pan.  I toss and turn the veggies and when the steak is done so are the veg.  


This pan would handily grill 4 steaks but so far the family is eating their own thing and I'm cooking for myself if what they are having isn't something that I can have.  But soon we're going to have a steak night for all 7 of us.


I thought I'd show you where we mounted the "EAT HERE" sign - right outside the kitchen.  :-)  


I am off to swim soon.. I haven't been as loyal to my swimming since Gracie is not here to meet in the pool.. :-)  But I'm going today.  

I'm going downtown on Saturday at 12:30 pm to join others in a "Women's March" event.  My sister Denise is joining me.  I will be there for the speeches and to support the effort, but won't be able to actually march too far, but Dayle is going to drop me off right there and will find somewhere to hang out until I call him to pick me up.  He is so supportive of my social concerns of what is happening in our country with racism and women's rights, actually human rights as I'm worried about the poor, the children and the elderly who are being impacted by the way the current administration seems only to care about padding the bank accounts of those who are already overly wealthy.  I'm so alarmed at how the rich few have so much and the poor masses are being stripped further of basic human rights such as food, shelter and health care.  So.. I'm going to be there to voice my opposition to this administration.  Want to join me?  :-)
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 


10 comments:

  1. Teresa, your steak dinner looks so delicious my mouth is now watering. So glad that you're going on the Women's March and standing up for all the people suffering under the Trump administration. I'm also rather pleased that his visit to the UK now looks in doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of that wooden cover, very stylish. Your meals look delicious and easy too. Hope all goes well with the March. B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well with the LCHF and we are still going along and trimming up.
    Love your wood cover on pc and enjoy your day out there supporting others. Go you swimming in the cool weather xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new computer cover is beautiful and I’m so proud of you for sticking with your diet even when others are eating things you can’t have all around you. I know that’s difficult. The blanket is absolutely gorgeous. I hope you stay warm and dry on Saturday. We are supposed to have snow and rain. Dennis has come down with some kind of a bad head cold. I think he probably got it on the plane Saturday. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it’s not the flu.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cooking s basically how I cook. Simple grilling. Lots of veggies.
    Juicing veggies, grilled veggies, raw veggies. Nums - lol.
    Keep it up. Losing some weight will help with your knee pain. Swimming is the best low-impact exercise so I'm glad you can motivate yourself even if Gracie is running amuck somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the wooden cover. Well done with the new low carb regime, you are doing so well. Your meal looked delicious, I love a steak dinner and asparagus is a firm favourite. Great progress on the blanket I love the colours. Hope all goes well on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am volunteering at the barn Saturdays so I wont be at the March. But i"ll be with you in spirit

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool cover Teresa! Well done with keeping to your diet. Your blanket is looking really lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the right spot for the sign :-) Your meal looks delicious! And the woodland blanket is coming along beautifully. I miss swimming with you as well. Carolyn is on day 4 of her five days of chemo and all is going well. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blanket is such fun! So cheerful and colorful. Love your new wooden cover for your iPad.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)