Wednesday, March 21, 2018

New Duvet & Nice Auntie

We decided it was time to get a new mattress for our bed as the other one was 15 years old.  So off we went mattress testing.  How weird is it to lay on one mattress after another in front of other people?  Not super relaxing.  :-)  After testing them at three different stores and all the subsequent discussions over which one to get.. we went with the very first one.  How often is that the case?  The mattresses won't be delivered for another few weeks, but last weekend we decided that we should get a new down comforter and duvet cover for the new bed.  You sure can tell I'm an old hippie!  Dayle thinks that this looks like the old "Indian bedspreads" we used in the 60's.  


I love the pattern!  After I downloaded this photo I noticed there are 2 pine needles on the bed.. that's what happens when your dog sleeps with you.  :-)  Do you have subdued colors on your bed, or do you go for brights?


My younger sister Denise just got back from a cruise down the coast of Mexico to Cabo San Lucas, Huatulco, Puerto Chappas, Puerto Questzal, Guatemala, San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua, Puntarenas, Costa Rica, through the Panama Canal and then Cartagena, Colombia.  She brought this bright colored soap dish for me, isn't she sweet?


Also this neat bottle of Mexican Vanilla.


And she brought each of the boys a hand-woven friendship bracelet and a hand-crocheted little bag/necklace which holds a tiny handmade doll inside.  Thank you, Denise!  She also got some amazing photos while on her trip.


I had planned to meet Gracie at the pool for a swim today but I am suffering from a cold and did not want to share it with her, plus I don't think it's good to spend an hour in cool water and walk around with wet hair when you're not well.  So, it's home for me today.  Yes, Gracie has returned from her long stay in California with her sister.  I look forward to seeing her soon!  I hope you are having a good week!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

12 comments:

  1. Love Love that bed cover and the soap dish - happy colours!

    We can buy those teeny dolls in little bags from Fair Trade shops, I think they are the dolls that you tell your trouble too and then when the doll goes back into the bag it's like your troubles disappear. They are called Guatemala Worry Dolls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your duvet is lovely and bright, I like it. We were given a king sized duvet and a set of duvet covers. I really need to sort out the airing cupboard and get rid of some bedding that never gets used. I prefer bold colours in soft furnishings but the decor (wall paintwork) light in colour - preferable white or a close shade of white. My Mother in Law gave me two covers (the same) that go over a double bed. It makes me happy when I look at it. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I’m so glad Gracie is at home so you guys can get together again. I live vicariously through your swims and lunches together! Ha ha! I love your new duvet. Such happy colors. And Denise brought back the most perfect gifts. I bought some Mexican vanilla in Cozumel when I took my cruise and the stuff we buy in the stores is no comparison. Have a great afternoon Teresa and enjoy your day at home. I think you made a wise choice in not walking around with wet hair. :-)
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa, I love your new duvet cover with all the lovely bright colors. I'm not a fan of plain white or plain anything! And, what a beautiful bedroom you have with the carved bed and lovely chandelier. I love your style! Buying a new mattress can be so confusing anymore with the vast selection one has to choose from. I do hope you get over your cold soon. Sending you get well wishes, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Teresa I love your doona πŸ’–πŸ’– having fun using tablet on hols lol That soap dish is awesome and the boys gifts from Denise. Do hope that cold goes away. My latest blog has us talking in youtube videos lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colorful duvet is very pretty, Teresa. I love bold colors! They make me happy. How nice that your sister brought you so many lovely gifts. I do hope you are feeling much better soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. The duvet looks just right for your room...warm and bright but not loud to keep you awake at night :) I have red and green and blue pillows and a red blanket on my bed which makes me feel cozy. Nice Dave, Mike and Elizabeth and I missed you at the pool today. The water was cooler than I like, but I enjoyed swimming from 1:30 - 2:30. Looking forward to the next time we get together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter made it to all those countries/cities except Columbia. She stayed with friends or at hostels. She brought me back some guatamalan weavings. I love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better soon. It’s great to get a new mattress. You don’t realise how old the other one is until you change. I’m sure you’ll sleep well. Love your bright duvet covers. Have a good weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw Teresa, do i tell you enough that I love your comments on my posts? I do. I love ya! Im so glad your sister had a great trip! Zach visited Guatemala last week on his break. Chiapas. where he teaches was once part of Guatemala so there were some similarities. He hiked volcanoes etc. Your bedspread is PHENOMENAL. I think I'll go for color next time. We are boring with neutrals right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your new duvet. Our bedding isn't bright until we got a nice quilt for our anniversary. Tie dye! Sweet! We've thought about new bed as well and it may be in our near future. It's been awhile since we've had a new one. Phil wants to try out a Casper mattress. Supposedly nice and cozy, I think it has memory foam in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Teresa! Oh my, I don't want to admit how old our mattress is but it's older than yours! I don't really need to be there to test a mattress, my husband says I could sleep on a bed of nails (I could sleep standing against a tree if it could support me, lol!I get up at 3 AM for work so I'm always tired!) My hubby on the other hand has earned the title "Princess and the pea"...hugs back, Ginette

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)