Friday, November 5, 2010

Just things I see in a day...

I volunteered at Vista House for a while yesterday, helping with the gallery on the lower level.  I was one of the founders of the Friends of Vista House in 1982 and was hired to be the Executive Director - I did that work for 15 years.  I love that historic building!  It's located in the Columbia River Gorge, just 10 minutes from my house on the Historic Columbia River Highway.   (My apologies for the low resolution photos - these were all taken on my iPhone, I lost the battery charger for my nice Canon camera and had to buy a new one on Amazon.. please hurry and get here!)
Here is a nice fuzzy shot of Vista House and the gorge. :-)
This is a photo of the Sandy River - there is nothing that dazzles me more than seeing the sun sparkling on water.. love it... LOVE it!  This is how I get home each time I venture into Portland.  The leaves were glowing yellow all the way up the river too.
This is a shot of the sunset last night.  Above our barn.  


Gosh, I've been so busy lately.  I am glad we don't have any plans this weekend... just some tidying of the house to get it ready for the holidays.  We're having all the kids for Thanksgiving.  This will be the last one with the whole family as our daughter is moving to Ohio this summer and taking our dear little granddaughters there to live.  :-(


Have a great weekend my friends... ((hugs)) Teresa

7 comments:

  1. The photos are lovely! You live in such a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, melba! It is gorgeous here. Where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh the photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clara, you are so very sweet, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these amazing photos - you live in a very beautiful part of the World. How sad about your daughter moving away - aren`t grandaughters (and grandsons if you`re lucky enough to have one too!)precious?I would be devastated if my son moved too far away with my beautiful princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nana Go-Go - I'll try to get some more photos of this area when I get my new battery charger for my good camera - I lost the other one and can't use my good camera! Frustrating.

    Yes, I am devastated that my daughter is moving across the whole country. It's broken my heart and I choke up nearly every day about it. But there is nothing I can do. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crown Point... another place I remember so fondly from when I was little... my parents would take us up there way back in the 50's!!! Such fun and it seemed like such a long drive from Portland.. and then we had to travel on the old highway! Isn't that just the most splendid view from up there? I haven't been there in years and years.. makes me want to go again. I'm so thankful it has been preserved. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)