Friday, December 24, 2010

Chocolate Cheesecake :-)

We're spending a quiet Christmas Eve, just the two of us.  The kids and grandkids are coming out to the farm in the mid-afternoon tomorrow for a dinner of baked ham, scalloped potatoes that's I'm experimenting with adding sour cream & green onions, and buttered corn.  Our daughter is bringing a green salad.
I realized that we needed a special dessert and one of my all-time favorite things I make is chocolate cheesecake!  My sister-in-law, D'Ann, gave me a springform pan and 2 cheesecake recipes in her own writing for a wedding gift and it's the best ever cheesecake.
After you remove it from the oven, you immediately spread sour cream sweetened with sugar and vanilla over the hot cake, which works two ways, it stops the cooking process and the heat of the cake kind of "cooks" the topping over it.  Right before I serve it after dinner tomorrow I'll spoon cherry pie filling over the top.  Yum!


I ordered the Blu-Ray edition of "A Christmas Story" from Amazon and it arrived yesterday.  So, we're going to watch that tonight with a cup of peppermint cocoa and just enjoy ourselves. 


I hope you're all having a super holiday however you celebrate.. or not.  :-)


Thanks for stopping by.. ((hugs))  Teresa

2 comments:

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)