Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Keeping Warm

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by!  For those of you in cold climes, I hope you are keeping warm!  For those of you in the other hemisphere, I hope you're keeping cool! LOL  I just snapped this photo of our cat Lucy, she loves to nap on TOP of our pellet stove!  Now before you think this is animal abuse, she is there on her own accord.  It's pretty toasty up there, though -- gosh cats like to be warm!  It's not burning hot, the heat is blowing out of the vents at the top of the stove and the pellet bin is right underneath her.  
Below is Buddy the Cairn Terrier trying to get Dayle's attention.. he wants on his lap.  He will stare at him for a LONG time just like that.  Poor guy! :-)
Below is a photo of the lights outside reflecting through the leaded glass window in our family room.  The glass is iridescent so it's just so pretty.  Thought I'd share it with you.
 Just a shot of my ecru crocheted snowflake.  
We went out to a late lunch today before doing our Christmas dinner grocery shopping.  We went to Roadhouse Grill and I had a bacon wrapped filet mignon and Dayle had BBQ chicken.  They give you a big crispy green salad first with grated cheddar, crumbled bacon, chopped tomatoes - and fresh baked yeast rolls with honey butter.  OH yeah. Mmm.


We bought smoked ham for our Christmas dinner, and I'm making scalloped potatoes with sour cream and cheddar on top, and a big bowl of hot buttered corn.  Our daughter is bringing a big green salad.  I plan also to make a chocolate cheesecake and put cherry pie filling on top.  Should be good!


I volunteer at Multnomah Falls tomorrow.  It's always fun to meet people from all over the world and another bonus is I get to crochet on my NEVER-ending Granny Stripe blanket while I'm answering questions.  


Thanks for coming by, I do hope you are enjoying the last few days before Christmas - and for those of you who don't celebrate it, I hope you're enjoying the beginning of the longer days! Woohoo!


((hugs)) Teresa

5 comments:

  1. Buddy is darling!! Leo gets his head in between my crocheting hands and my face when he wants some lovin. I always end up laughing at him because being the jack russell that he is he's a lot more forceful than Buddy appears to be. Leo can do the stare thing too but it doesn't last long before he begins humming and then barking to let me know that he's in demand of some attentiveness RIGHT NOW!!! lol I just love terriers.

    Have a wonderful holiday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat is SOOOOOO jealous! He's lying beside me right now (and a bit miffed that I stopped petting him in order to type this lol), and he would absolutely LOVE that pellet stove. Can he come live with you?

    And the dog pic is too adorable. How can you ignore a face like that over your laptop monitor?

    You keep warm yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pellet stove. I can't imagine trying to nap on it though.

    I got your ornament and posted a picture of it on my tree. Thank you so much. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas menu sounds delicious! And your kitty looks awfully cozy up there:)

    Have a wonderful Christmas, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so pretty! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)