Hello, welcome and thank you for stopping by for a visit. Don't you just love candlelight? This dark and cold evening with snow flurrying and the roar of the infamous Columbia Gorge "East Wind" thundering outside made me light the intensely fragrant spicy vanilla candles in my lanterns on the dining table. I have seen photos of candles lit and I just loved the image so much - that I took my iPhone to take an "artsy" photo using Hipstamatic App. As a lifelong artist I just adore the look of this - the canvas background like it was painted by someone... you can see the white coral in my glass hurricane that is etched with fern fronds, and the candle on the other side of it is illuminating the coral.And just as I was ready to upload this photo I got the very pleasant news from my friend Robin over at "My Nest of Yarn and Buttons" that she'd nominated me for this blog award, below. How sweet!
The duties of the winner is:
- I am a positive and happy person as a rule.
- I am part Cherokee Indian and feel that my art and craft skills came to me from my "Indian Grandmother".
- Family is the best thing in the world and I'm so glad I had sisters! :-)
- Grandchildren are a wonderful gift.
- I met my husband when I was 14 as a freshman in high school.
- I love to sail.. we have two 14 foot Sunfish sailboats and a 26 foot sailboat named "Stargazer".
- I've only been blogging for 6 months and have come to love sharing my thoughts and photos and meeting new people.
I happily present the Stylish Blogger Award to:
Erin at http://themisadventuresofanordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com/
Denise at http://knittingkitties.blogspot.com/
Meredith at http://mereknits-mereknits.blogspot.com/
Erica at http://asnippygal.blogspot.com/
Amanda at http://mandas-challenges.blogspot.com/
Anne at http://andamentoblog.blogspot.com/
Kate at http://thegardenbell.blogspot.com/
I hope you enjoy my photo, my 7 things and please do visit my blog friend's links. Tell them I said hello! :-)