Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sun, Glorious SUN!

After days and DAYS.. weeks? of rain and clouds we awoke to a sunny day!  It's amazing how sunlight can brighten your outlook on the day. :-)  I took some photos of the sun streaming through the dining room to share with you.
We don't have any plans for the day other than I'm doing some email and organizing work for the Friends of Multnomah Falls.  We have an interpretive volunteer training session in Early April which we need to plan - location, program, etc.
Below are the roses we got a while ago, they've opened slowly and brought enjoyment for a nice long time.. they are beginning to go, but they're still pretty.  I've seen some bouquets of daffodils on other blogs and now I'm hankering for more flowers.. :-)
The blue sky is so pretty.  I see the irises starting to come up, I am keeping a keen eye on the Snow Drops - I expect with the 45 degree sunny weather that they might start popping out.  I worry too, as this should still be winter and I hope everything doesn't start to bud and blossom and then another cold snap arrive.  Hmmm.. crazy weather, but I don't care right now, I'm loving the bright sun!


I also think I will work on my monster granny stripe today.. later... :-)


Thanks for stopping by for a visit!!


((hugs)) Teresa

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about enjoying the bright sun. Any time we are blessed with a few hours or even minutes of the stuff I'm trying to soak it up and recharge my batteries just in case it doesn't show up again for a while. I love the yellow roses too Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, when the sun shines through those clouds ,our spirit lifts.. As for me I feel like a lizard who needs to lie in the sun for energy.. :))
    Great pics..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by. I love your dining table and chairs. Windsors are my favorite. I have four but need a few more. You lucky gal to live in Oregon. I have two bros. that live there and envy all you Oregonians. But I choose to bloom where I am planted and enjoy what So.Cal. has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely to see your cheerful sunshine Teresa. It lifts the soul doesn't it. This morning the sun is trying very hard to peep through here too... :0)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa,
    Every time you post pictures of your house I just want to pop in for a cup of tea, chat and crochet. Enjoy your beautiful sun, even in Florida we cherish the sun after a few cloudy days.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any bit of sunshine we can get is a bonus. It is amazing how it can instantly brighten you day in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have a beautiful dining room, so warm and inviting and the fresh cheeriness of the yellow roses adds to it's charm beautifully. i have very much enjoyed my visit and your hospitality.

    wishing yoou a wonderful week my dear friend xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely house. Glad the sun came out for you. My big windows are on the North side. So while I get sun every day, it never shines in on my side this time of year.

    I don't want tell you how to make your blog, but you're new font is hard for me to read. Pretty though.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)