Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jenna's Birthday, Boy's Fishing & Crochet Ripple

Today is the 7th birthday of my firstborn grandchild - Jenna - my daughter's first child.  *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to you!  I talked to her on the phone and she was very excited about all the new toys she has gotten.  You have to love technology - she picked out what she wanted on Amazon and they sent me the links, I clicked and paid and had her gifts sent to her new home all in the course of 5 minutes. :-)  She loves her new school!  My daughter and her husband are putting a lot of effort into finding their new home to buy as they're in a rental that is not working well for them.  I'm sure the girls will enjoy having a new and bigger home.  Below is one of the last photos I took of Jenna with the sock monkey I made her.  I miss the girls terribly. 
This is Paige with her beloved pink piano in their new home in Ohio.. she missed it terribly during the packing and moving.  How cute is she?  She is really enjoying being in pre-school and has grown up a lot in just the last month.
Below are our two older grandsons.  Grandpa and Shawn (our son) took them fishing yesterday at Mt. Hood Community College's small lake which had been recently stocked with trout for a children's fishing day.  Grandpa bought the boys a new fishing pole and tackle on their way to the lake.  The big guys taught the boys how to fish but let the boys reel them in.  They got some nice ones!  Shawn told the boys he was going to show them how to clean the fish - at which the boys were not too excited - but grandma told them it's part of learning to be a "man". :-)
7 year old Gabriel caught a nice big one!
11 year old Michael and one of his - the boys got 2 each!
I've begun a long planned "neat ripple" afghan from a design by Lucy from Attic24.  Here is a basket of the yarn I'll use for the multi-colored blanket.  It's Stylecraft Special DK from England made in Turkey.  It's nice and soft and "squishy".
Below is my beginning.. following along on Lucy's excellent tutorial.  Once you get going it's easy.
Below is a shot of the yarn and the colors so far.  It's really a neat pattern.
Last, I had to show you the cat and dog photo I got yesterday.  Lucy the cat is on my lap, and Buddy (Cairn Terrier) the dog is up on the footrest on my recliner.  He's *not* happy about the cat being on my lap and is giving her the vibes of.. "Move it sister!".  They crack me up.
Thank you for the get better comments about my gout.  I've gotten some good suggestions - I'm drinking lots of water to cleanse the uric acid out of my system and to relax and crochet. :-)  It still is hurting but getting a bit better.  I'm taking a medication to relieve and reduce inflammation.  

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 


14 comments:

  1. Your ripple blanket looks beautiful and the colours are so bright and happy. I'll look forward to seeing it finished. Lucy and Buddy gave me a big smile - I love animals and always enjoy seeing photos of them - our pets really do have their own little personalities don't they. As always, I enjoyed reading about your lovely family - and that little piano is oh so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good on the ripple, Teresa! Great colors you've got there in your basket. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend, So sorry I didn't get to comment before your next post. Hope your gout is feeling better, I know it is so painful. Your ripple blanket will be so lovely and perfect timing for you to relax and feel better. The little girls look so sweet and the littlest does look more grown up. Happy Birthday to Jenna. I know how much you miss them. But you are doing so well by staying active. Take care and keep us posted. xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, your ripple is looking great so far! Buddy and Lucy made me giggle, it looks like she's telling the poor pup "I'm not going anywhere and I'm majestically ignoring you", lol :D
    A very happy 7th birhday to Jenna!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post as always, Teresa! I love your ripple, it's really beautiful! I'm sorry for your gout, hope you are getting better. Take care and much love,
    LS, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grandchlidren's pictures are all great, and the littlest girlie does look more grown up, such a sweet picture of her there. So sorry to hear about the gout, poor you, I've heard it's very painful. Perfect time to relax and rest and crochet your delicious ripple blanket, love your big supply of yarn in those gorgeous colours. Take care, Teresa, and I hope you will be better soon.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your dear granddaughter Teresa, I know how much you miss them. Your littliest does look so grown up with her pink piano, what a sweetie. I like the look of your ripple blanket, very soothing...hope the foot continues to improve.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your granddaughter had a wonderful birthday! I'm glad to hear you are drinking plenty of water and are feeling better! Can't wait to see more of your ripple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both your babies! Your kitty is so pretty! I bet the hair is killer though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Jenna
    Hope the gout is feeling better..not nice at all
    Cute Kittie lol...a lot of grooming l bet?
    Good Luck with the ripple
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Teresa! Indeed technology has taken us to new places! We were just talking last night about how when we were in high school, we had no cell phones, computers, or any of that stuff. We seemed to get along just fine without it too. I know you are missing your girls. They are so adorable. Loved that sock monkey, and that pink piano...so cute!!! Fun day for Grandpa and the boys too! And they caught some good sized trout!!! I MUST get my Lucy ripple DONE that I began last year~! I put a twist on mine to make it bumpy. So I am doing my hook into the back loops, and it is nice and bumpy. Love your colors!! Funny animals too. Like ours. Think they own the place!!! Have a great day! Glad the gout is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Jenna. I am glad the girls are positive about their move. Paige does look at home in front of that piano...a musician in the making. The trout look delicious, I hope the clean up went well. Love your ripple you have done a very neat job :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO funny! I just used the wonders of modern technology to order my youngest granddaughter a birthday gift too!
    All of your grandchildren are SO cute---loved the photos and I think it is great that your hubby is teaching them to fish! I remember fishing with my grandparent--except it was my grandma!
    I absolutely LOVE the colors and the design of your new afghan! Beautiful, beautiful!
    Pets are wonderful aren't they?
    Be blessed,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated happy birthday to Jenna. My oldest granddaughter turns 7 next month. I haven't seen her in two years. ]

    Your ripple will be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)