Friday, March 14, 2014

Champions and Greening

Hello!  Come on in for a visit!  This is one of the watercolor images from my photos that I did the other day.. I didn't post them all as there were a lot of them!  This is our back door in the Autumn.  And don't worry, I have other normal photos in this post.  But a few of the watercolor from photos.  I still think they're amazing!


Wednesday evening we attended a wrestling tournament for 5 year old Hayden's 2 week wrestling camp.  It was a fun time!  We were so proud to see the first match and he and his little opponent were smiling and having fun.. the referee seemed to be enjoying it too!  


And then he pinned his opponent and won the first match!  He won his second one too by points, 21 to 8!  


And then the awards ceremony and guess who was 1st Place in his age group?  Yes, our boy!!


He is so proud of his medal.  :-)


Just a few more of the photo to watercolor conversions.  This is of an antelope that I got when we visited Mt. Rushmore.. then drove through a wildlife preserve to see the buffalo.


The herds of buffalo were wonderful.


We also visited Devil's Tower - a huge monolith in Wyoming that was central to the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".  


One of my Stargazer lilies.


I volunteered at Multnomah Falls yesterday and took a snap of this photo that is by the visitor center counter of Vista House covered with ice.  Isn't this amazing?


 I took this photo from the reserved parking for USFS and volunteers - a different vantage point.


This is the bluff to the left of Multnomah Creek where we park.  See how things are greening up?  The moss and ferns are perking up.


I just love all the little ferns that cling to this vertical rock wall.


I hope you're not tired of seeing this beautiful lodge.


I stopped mid-road to snap this shot of the underbrush putting out new leaves.. the winter is over, yay!


When I arrived home I was so happy to see that the tiny little violets were in bloom!  We have 3 colors - white, lavender and dark purple.  You can see one purple one in this shot.  The white ones seem to have come in first this year, which it's usually the dark purple ones.


And the daffodils are in full bloom in the garden.


Oh my they are amazing flowers and smell like Spring!


I'm off to swim today and then tomorrow I'll be leading a Volunteer Training Workshop for the Friends of Multnomah Falls.  I'll be the MC and move the meeting along.  It will be in the historic Crestview Manor.  Busy times!  Have a great weekend!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

15 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos. Wow, the one with the antelope really does look like a painting. What a cool app. Love all the pretty flowers, too.

    Wishing you a most lovely day, and weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos - never tire of the lodge. We found a trip that included visiting the falls. It's by coach. DH has said that if I want to go then we can. I'm just unsure health wise if I'm up to it. When we went to Canada it was part coach tour. Fabulous but I was shattered and was in better health then and younger. Congratulations to your grandson. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to your champion wrestler Teresa, bless him. Great to see your flowers in bloom enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! First of all, congratulations to Hayden! That was a great first match. He has a future in wrestling! Your pictures are really nice. Of course I always love the pictures of Multnomah Falls and the lodge but I don't remember seeing the Vista house covered with ice before. Your Devils Tower photo takes me back home. We used to go there almost every year on vacation along with the Black hills and Yellowstone. When the kids were still home we camped our way around the west. :-). See you soon-one week from today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good photos and "paintings," Teresa :) Cheers for Hayden! I especially love your violets, did you have to plant them or did they just spring up? I just got back from the movies and am ready for a good night's sleep~~~~~ Blessings to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the water color!! And the frozen Vista House! Wow! And of course, all of your photos...they are dazzling!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to your little wrestling man. My five-year-old would love a wrestling match as well I think. The watercolours are clever, a lovely way to see the pictures. Hope you both have a good weekend Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done to the champ!

    Love your photos, I am so going to check out the watercolour app.

    Have a lovely weekend, Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Haydn for winning that big beautiful medal. The more I see of those watercolor pics, the more I think I might invest in the app. They all look so nice. Aren't those daffodils gorgeous - yellow is one of my favorite colors. With your weather getting so nice, I suppose you'll be spending more time outdoors - enjoy !! xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy times and beautiful times. Hooray for Hayden! I feel you have many more wrestling matches in your future. Love all your pictures Teresa.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go, Hayden! What a fun new thing to do. I love to see the falls and all your lovely flowers on the farm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a pretty good photo of a photo of the Vista house all iced over. Amazing winter, huh? Now it's all warm. Congratulations to your grandson on his medal for wrestling. Good job. Looking forward to seeing you Friday. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful my friend... I love your watercolor conversion . So artistic. But I already know you are ! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your boy. WOW! That ice building is incredible, and stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Day Teresa, What glorious photos. Congratulation to "your Boy" with his medal.. I could not imagine Vista House encase in Ice.. What year did this happen.. Amazing photo.. I never tied of seeing the photo of the Lodge. It is a grand building. And I can not even express how your blooming Spring flowers makes me happy.. Thanks for sharing. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)