Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Simba's Cozy Corner

Our little farm kitty that we've adopted is doing better each day with the food that our DIL Kristi gives him many times a day!  We had a naming contest here on my blog and I asked Kristi to pick the name and she chose Simba.  So, that is what we call him.  I was worried that he would get cold in this windy weather so I found a "kitty igloo" bed for him on Amazon.  It arrived yesterday.  Kristi put it in the chair where he's been sleeping and we were so happy when he leaped right into the new bed.  I asked Kristi to try and get a photo of him in the bed to show you.. and asked if she'd get a photo of the bed.. and that I'd give her 5 gold stars if she managed to get a shot of Simba IN the bed.  :-)


She had to stand way back and act casual and quiet so as not to scare him away.  He had a snack.. curled up in the sun by the door into the craft studio... 


.. then he jumped right up into his cozy new bed and enjoyed the warmth of the sunshine.  :-)  When Kristi came in she told me she'd earned 10 gold stars!  Maybe even 20!  I think she did.. what do you think?


This was the shot she got last night with her phone as he got used to his new nest.  Isn't he cute?  Kinda looks like a photo bomber.  :-)


I've been enjoying seeing the Christmas cactus in bloom on many of my blog friend's posts.. this is my "zygote" pot.  I had 4 small plants but they all needed re-potted, so I decided to go big and bought this large pot and planted them all in it.  It's looking good and growing, but not one bud can be seen.  It may be putting all it's energy into growing roots and branches.  We'll see.  It's got a lovely place in the bay window behind our easy chairs in the den with light all day.  One of the plants in the pot is one I rescued from my mother's room before she passed away.  I cherish it.


I converted Kristi's swan image into a watercolor using the Waterlogue app.  It think it tuned out kind of pretty.


We went shopping for the supplies to make our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.  I picked out the most beautiful yams for from scratch candied yams and Russet potatoes for the mashed potatoes.  Dayle picked out the onions, celery and parsley for his homemade stuffing.  The 22 lb. turkey is ready in the fridge for morning.  He got fresh sage and rosemary to put with butter under the skin for roasting.  We got green beans and French fried onions for the green bean casserole and corn and sour cream for the corn casserole.  And 2 dozen scissor rolls.  I'll make the side dishes and gravy, Dayle does the turkey and dressing.  

So.. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.. and for those who don't, you might want to give a thought to taking a few moments tomorrow to give thanks for all that you have.  I'll post some photos of the day on Friday.

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

21 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful to see Simba warm in his nest. Well done to you and Kristi you are so kind. Your foods sound delicious for tomorrow. Here in the UK Christmas day is our thanksgiving really, the day we all try to be with our nearest and dearest. We toast everyone both here and who have gone before and count our blessings .Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great achievement with that beautiful looking cat. Sounds like a delicious meal, hope everything goes well and that you have a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simba looks so content in his new house and also seems to be pleased with his meal. I hope you'll be able to cuddle him one day. We don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia but I'll be thinking of you as you tuck into what sounds like it will be a very yummy meal. How is your scarf going? Mine is going slowly as I haven't had much time to knit for the past few days. Might do a few rows today. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Teresa. That is a super photo of Simba in his new bed. Hope the plants do well - really like the pot you have used. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving we don't have it here but think I would like it. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How well you are looking after your sweet cat, I'm so glad he likes his cosy new nest. Your thanksgiving feast sounds delicious as ever. I shall be round at 12-ish okay? Have a wonderful day. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, he looks quite happy! I like his little igloo.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simba certainly seems like one happy kitty. His new bed is perfect for the winters in the Portland area. Your plans for Thanksgiving sound delicious. Makes my chicken enchiladas sound kind of pitiful doesn't it? I bought my first pie in years this morning. I always make my pies from scratch, including the crust. We hadn't planned on a dessert for tomorrow, but while I was out running errands this morning I thought we should at least have some pie. So I bought a Dutch apple pie and will have it with Vanilla ice cream after enchiladas! Have a wonderful wonderful holiday tomorrow Teresa.
    Many blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simba is actually smiling inside his new bed. Congrats on finding one he likes. Both my cats turned up their noses are real cat beds and just sleep whereever they want to...sometimes in very inconvenient places!

    ReplyDelete
  9. High marks for Kristi's photo's of Simba. I just knew he'd love the Igloo. Kitty's love a little hide-a-way.
    Oh boy your Thanksgiving will be yummy for sure.
    I like the watercolor of the swans & geese. It's so very Oregon!
    Take care and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you all a wonderful thanks giving......wonderful photo's of Simba and he looks so cute and cozy in his igloo ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I need a bed like that, it look so cozy. Happy Thanksgiving Teresa, i am so looking forward to a day of rest.
    Hugs,Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw that is the perfect kitty nest! Simba is so lucky to have found you all.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...your menu sounds delish! I'm having dinner here, also. The traditional things, although I'm trying brussels sprouts this time. Something I've learned to appreciate lately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cats! she is so beautiful! Happy thanskgiving! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simba looks so cozy in his igloo...I especially like that smiley pose of his :) *****+ Kristi! Maybe your Christmas cactus will hold out and bloom at Christmas, Teresa. I like how your Waterlogue swans look.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours from me and mine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the picture of Simba in his little house, warming in the sun. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOu have rescued him. He will rescue you back. Love this post. Thankful for you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Great pictures of Simba! We will be having 20 people arriving here in about an hour. We do chicken and stuffing instead of turkey. What are scissor rolls? I have never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simba is a Great nane , good job Kristy on the pictures and the name. I think you are completely prepared and I know you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the wSwan picture. Have a wonderful thanksgiving my dear friend .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simba looks so much better now! Happy Thanksgiving to you all, Teresa!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your christmas cacti needs to be root bound to get into the blooming thing. My jade is totally rootbound.
    Sweet Simba looks at home in his igloo.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)