Monday, March 27, 2017

Bring on the Flowers

We made it through the winter, my friends!  There are flowers blooming all around the farmyard.  Kristi informed me that the Trilliums were in bloom in our little forest, so I gave her my camera and asked if she'd go get a snap for me.  :-) This flower is truly a harbinger of Spring here in the Pacific Northwest.  


The flower below - I can NEVER remember what this is!  The leaves are almost identical to the Rhododendrons, but they have these ivory colored flowers all over them.  They have a slightly sweet aroma.  Worse, is I've even called the nursery to ask them what it is and have identified it in the past and have forgotten.  Do YOU know what this is?  (ETA: It's a "Skimmia Japonica" - I found it after much looking on my blog history!)


Our huge old red Azalea is blooming.. it has something wrong with it's leaves but it still growing and blooming each year.  


The purple Lilac is coming along.. I can't wait until it's in full bloom!



With the cool damp weather, the Daffodils are holding up well in the garden.  Are yours up?


I believe this variety is called King Arthur.. do you know?  They are very big blooms.


I had to show you a photo of the chicks.  They are growing.  We have one who likes to jump up on the water jug.. do you see her?  I keep worrying that we will get up in the morning and find the house full of chicks running amok.  We might have to put a chicken wire cover over the tub.  :-) 



I'm off to the pool later.. trying to back into the "swim" of things.  Ha!  What are you up to to today?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. Loved seeing all your gorgeous flowers here Teresa! I love the spring shrubs too with their sweet scents. It must be lovely there on your farm. Enjoy your swim and have a lovely week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers Teresa. Our daffodils are at the same stage as yours I think - all up and just starting to fade. Other things are a bit further behind though. I'm enjoying watching my camellia buds fatten up, they're so perfectly round. I hope you're feeling quite a bit better now, and that you had a good swim. Look after yourself. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms Teresa. We've had some lovely spring sunshine this weekend. I visited a beautiful garden centre with my friend Thelma. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so pretty! We are enjoying seeing all the blooms, too. I will have to go we if our Trillium are blooming as well. See you at the pool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so many awesome flowers Teresa and those chickens sure are growing.....xoxoxo busy days here with son wedding and granny duties lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Lilac should bloom any day now and our plum are pear trees are ready too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Full steam ahead on Spring. If it would only stop raining so much...whine...whine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still no flowers around here. I guess that makes me enjoy seeing the pictures of yours even more. It's definitely a late spring. I took a picture of the snow pile at the mall this morning when I went to walk. It's almost as high as the streetlights. Cute little chicks. I laughed out loud at the idea of them running amok around your house.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blooms Teresa and those chicks are doing so well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely flowers in your garden, thanks for sharing the photos. Our daffodils are at a similar stage to yours. I noticed some teeny tiny ones just getting ready to flower, these are a bit behind. I hope you enjoyed your swim, I see you met Gracie at the pool. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chicks are just too darling! And Trillium - love that flower. If we would have some nicer weather, I'd take a walk somewhere to look for them (we don't have any on our property). Your flowers are so beautiful. Nice to see the signs of Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you for swimming. Did you see the you tube of the foursome in their 90s breaking a world record for a relay swim? So inspiring. Flowers are super slow and scared here. It is gloomsville. Keeping busy volunteering : finishing up at the shelter back in our old area, started at the Equestrian orientation yesterday and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing your spring flowers! Even though it's autumn here, the summer is still very present. It looks like your poor Azalea may have an infestation of either Azalea Lace bug or thrips. Both cause that speckly/ rusty look and they hide under the leaves. Turn a few leaves over and look for white and black specks. The white specks are babies, the black specks are their poop! The lacebugs are very small. Your local garden centre can recommend something to zap them. Xox Louise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you just love daffodils? They are so bright and cheerful, especially after our rainy, gray winter. Beautiful photos of beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be something to see all of you running around trying to catch chicks. They really are growing so fast. Love your beautiful flowers. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Teresa, I am so jealous of your Spring, I don't think it will ever come here!! Your flowers are all so beautiful. The trillium is wonderful and so special to have in your little forest. Chicks are so cute, must be fun to watch them grow : )
    Enjoy your week, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was up early for my early shift today. Made it to post office in time to mail letters this afternoon but not enough time to get to Bauman Fruit stand.It might have to wait til Friday as I want to see what nice fruit they have. I posted on my blog today and made dinner and went on a walk with Phil this evening. I love your flowers that are blooming. I am happy to see the peony has new growth as it didn't flower at all last year nor my hydrangea. Latter one I cut back too late in the spring but it looked so bad. This year will be better, I hope. Your chicks are fun and will keep you hopping fur sure! Happy weekend coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garden is looking beautiful Teresa and how gorgeous are your little chicks!
    Wishing you a happy weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)