Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Dayle's Fish and Gabriel's Blanket

Travis and Dayle went fishing yesterday, along with his friend Ernie.  Dayle caught a beautiful Spring Chinook Salmon!  Ernie got a nice one, too.  Travis did the cleaning right on the boat, as you can see.  Dayle looks pretty pleased! :-)  We sure are getting a lot of use out of our boat!  I've put in a request for a day of cruising on Sea Wolf.


Dayle with his catch.


Travis rinsed off the filet and I snapped a shot, then I held open the large Ziploc bag for him to slide this in.  I hope we have it for dinner tonight!


This is a bit of the last Spring Chinook Salmon that Travis caught earlier in the week.  Kristi baked it with 4 different things on top for us to try - sour cream, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce and a Cajun blackening seasoning.  It was delish!


My current crochet project.  I decided to make a lap blanket for myself with a skein of my favorite yarn for right now.. :-)  Red Heart Unforgettable Boutique, this colorway is called Sunrise.  Then I was texting with my grandson Gabriel who now lives in Temecula, California.. and I asked him how the Teddy Bear is doing that I crocheted for him.. and he told me it was doing well and snapped a photo with his phone and showed it to me in the text.. I told him he'd taken very good care of it and he said.. "Yeah I did my best as it is very important to me." Awwwww.. at that moment I decided that I would give my lap blanket to Gabe to use while he relaxes on the sofa.   


I won't be swimming today as they are working on the water heater for the pool today.. when I swam on Monday it was FREEZING in the water.  But I have plenty to do around here.  I hope your week is going well.  Thank you to those who leave a comment here.. it means a lot to me.  And welcome to new visitors!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. Your Gabriel sounds like a sweet, kind boy, I can imagine you miss him a great deal. I've been reading your blog for many years but rarely comment, I can't honestly say why but I promise I'll try harder as I so enjoy hearing about what you've been up to. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet boy, that's such a lovely thing to say. I can well understand why you're sending him a blanket, no doubt he will treasure it. Well done Dayle on the fish, what an amazing catch. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fish! What a sweet thing for your Gabriel to say, bless him xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fish and great to see more about your boat - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blanket. I made a shawl out of the same yarn a few months ago. It's such a happy yarn! Bet that fresh salmon was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is your grandson. I'm sure he will treasure the blanket. My that salmon looks yummy. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job to Dayle on the fish! Can Kristi come live with me? It sounds like that girl never stops. What a sweet thing for Gabe to say. That yarn is beautiful. I haven't been able to find it here anywhere. Piper loves the things I make her too. I'd like to make her another stuffed animal before we see her next month. I better get busy!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boat is beautiful Teresa - hope you get your day of cruising soon. I love Red Heart Unforgettable Boutique - how many balls do you think you'll need for the throw? The colours in yours are amazing and I'll look forward to seeing it when finished. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your grandson is so sweet! I bet the salmon tasted divine. I never tasted freshly caught salmon but had wild salmon once, it was delicious, so much better than the farmed fish we can buy here. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blanket is looking beautiful, Teresa, and you are so kind to plan to gift it to your grandson. What a heart warming comment he made....so lovely x
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry the water was so cold...it wasn't our imagination that it was the last time I was in! The fishing photos are triumphant and Kristi's experiments sound yummy. I love the colors of the blanket you are making for Gabriel and I am sure he will treasure it, too. I love the pattern and I think I can succeed with the written version as soon as I can give it a try. Thanks so much for writing it out. We are having a wonderful time visiting with our friends. We went to the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Tualatin and to Cabellas. Yesterday to Chariteas and will probably be just going for picnics in nearby parks for the little girls' sakes because their little girl does not want to ride in the car after two long days of driving up here and all the girls are enjoying just playing with each other. My friend and I were looking at my beads yesterday and she showed me more of the jewelry she has been making. Miss you, and hope you and yours keep having happy days! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice catch, Dayle! I bet it was tasty with all of those toppings Kristi made for on it. :) I, too, would have decided right then and there to give that blanket to Gabe. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great catch! I'm envious...or markets here on the East do not always have wild caught salmon available and I don't want the farm raised stuff. Which topping did you like the most when Kristi did the 4 different toppings? Very pretty blanket you are making...he will appreciate being able to curl up under that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sound of Kristi's toppings on that gorgeous looking salmon, a great haul. You are blessed with such a lovely family, Gabe's comment was adorable, I can understand why you would want to make something else for him. Loved the striking colours in the throw, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dayle should be pleased that is a gorgeous fish. Love your blanket Teresa, it looks soft and cozy. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog always makes me smile. I have to admit though that sometimes it is hard for me to read because I get so homesick for the PNW. I was home last week though and got a fix (although I can never get enough!!) so I am good again for a bit. I just love how you celebrate the natural beauty of the area.
    The salmon looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice catch Dayle! That looks delicious! I love your sunrise blanket. It sounds like it Will be going to a worthy recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the salmon! The colours in the yarn are very warm, it's going to be a good blanket.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)