Thursday, December 30, 2010

Friends Rock

I had a lunch date with a friend today, she's such a dear person, her name is Marita and she is from the Philippines and a graphic designer and a world traveler.  Our Christmas lunch is always fun as we exchange gifts and she always brings me something from one of her travels.

I met her at Bumper's Grill & Bar in Fairview - she'd never been, it's a fun restaurant that is locally owned, not a chain and the food is exquisite.  I had halibut fish & chips and she had a burger, both excellent.
Her last trip was to Turkey and she brought me a wonderful chocolate brown Pashmina scarf made of the softest cotton, this little zippered bag below which is sparkly, and a matching bookmark, both of those from Istanbul!  There is a little "evil eye" bead on the bag, which you find all over Turkey she said, to ward off evil.  Now no evil will get to me, I'm covered! :-)
We had such a nice visit, I looked at all her photos of Turkey on her camera, so many amazing antiquities!  One place blew my mind, as there are all these tall spires of stone and people have carved out homes in them.. it was amazing!
I don't usually have dessert when out to dine, but they brought around a dessert tray and we both succumbed to this Turtle Cheesecake.  Oh my.. it was yum.  I gave my friend a pair of Christmas Tree earrings that I made from Swarovski crystals, she was pleased with them.


Tomorrow is New Years Eve! Do you have fun and exotic plans?  Our tradition is to do nothing special! :-)  So, that's what we're going to do.  


((hugs)) Teresa

4 comments:

  1. My aren't you just having a yummy time lately! I love this loom, it is based on a continuous loop system. You weave in the first three sides and on the return it self weaves. Look it up at HillcreekFiberStudio.com. I usually don't have the time to weave so this week has been really nice. My husband bought it for me for Christmas a couple of years ago after I saw a demonstration at my local yarn store. I think you should get your loom out of the barn.
    Hope you have a wonderful New Year, and thanks for being so lovely,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. I so miss a decent fish fry.

    That bag is very pretty. Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just chillin at home..cause home is where the heart is!!!Have a lovely new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the food looks just wonderful and the scarf is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)