Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sailing Away Soon

Our summer has been less than summer-y for June & July... but August is so far *PERFECTION*!  I sometimes say that Oregon has 2 seasons, Winter and August. :-)  We go on a yearly family reunion camp-out with my 3 siblings.  Some come alone, some with kids, some friends and so it's really a fun time.  We've been doing this 20-some years - it's a tradition.  Below is a photo of me sailing my Sunfish sailboat and my daughter Amy riding along.  Hubby did some daring backwards photographing to get this shot with the sun behind my sail illuminating it.  He did a great job, didn't he?
The lake we go to is one of the 3 purest on Earth with a visibility depth of 115 feet.  It's the 2nd largest natural lake in Oregon.  It's a high mountain lake, there are no fast boats allowed and motors are soon to be banned on the lake at all.  So, it's quiet for sailing and canoeing and kayaking.

We're in the heavy duty planning and preparing stage.  I just wanted to show you what we're going to be doing soon.  :-)  We're actually not sure when we depart due to some mosquito checking issues. LOL

The fun thing is I get lots of crochet time while we're there while hanging out and visiting with family. I expect to have my flower shawl to grow some!

Well, I'm off to lunch with a friend, thanks for visiting!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shot of the boat and lake.
    Your reunion sounds wonderful.
    Chris. Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, have a wonderful time with your family and friends. The lake looks so pure and beautiful, enjoy your special time.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the cool-off in that wonderful looking lake. You are one lucky gal, to have that so close by. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful shot and it looks like fun being out on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely picture and sailboat. Sounds so peaceful and a fun time with family! My vacation will be over in a few days. I will be sharing a lot of photos and stories. xoRobin❤
    Have fun planning your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful boat! What a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like so much fun! That lake must be amazing, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures when you come back! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That photo of you,your daughter and boat is fabulous your reunion sounds as though it will be great fun. Look forward to seeing the photos. I am off now to make a pasta salad. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you are having a wonderful "August" with picnics and sailing. As always I enjoy looking into your world. Love the photos of the gorge in the last post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sailboat is gorgeous! That lake sounds absolutely wonderful and I think I might have to make a trip there some day. I can't believe that the lake is still visible that far down! That is incredible! Just a heads up, I've got a new name since I started my own little blog. It's just me, LaceAnn :)
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful for you! Sounds heavenly for sure. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful time Teresa, that lake looks perfect. Enjoy catching up with all your family.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab picture! Looks like bliss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi..sounds like perfection, family, crochet and near water...hope you have a fabulous time when you set sail hehe
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)