Saturday, November 1, 2014

Last Sunny Day By The Sea

Yesterday dawned with blue skies and puffy clouds - just beautiful!  I snapped a few images from the door of the caravan.  We've had amazingly nice weather this week!!


I put up a blog post and then worked on the crocheted hat for my nephew Josh and his lovely wife Lisa's little girl as I made one for their little 1 year old for her birthday and then asked Ella if she'd like one and she said yes, please, purple is my FAVORITE color!  :-)


We were pretty hungry for lunch by the time I got it done, but of course it needed a little flower, right?  After lunch we dropped by my nephew's apartment and got to visit with his in-laws, wife, her sister and the 2 little girls as I gave the little hat to her.  Lots of hugs and family love there!


As we pulled out to go to lunch at Georgie's Grill in Newport, I snapped a few images of the ocean.


Oh I wish you could hear the roar of these pounding waves!



I also snapped this of our caravan up on the hill so you could see where we were.  The motorhome that pulled in below us was VERY large and covered a lot of our view.. racken fracken.. :-)


This was our view during lunch.. you can see the scaffolding on Yaquina Head LH.



Dayle took the camera out when he walked Buddy and brought me back a few shots of the big waves.


The sun was dipping low in the west.. 



I was hoping for a brilliant sunset, but got this mellow one instead, it has it's own beauty.



Gold, grey, blue and the sea.


There was a bit of fire after all.


This morning we are treated to another sunny day!  This shot was from our door just now.  



CRASH.. roar.. mist.. green sea.. foam on the waves..



I brought a small Japanese fishing float from my collection to decorate our cozy little nest.



Dayle's bouquet has cheered me and brought me joy all week.  Now they get to go home with us!  


And so it is time for me to pack up my things and stow away the kitchen things and get ready to pull out and head home.  But I wanted to share our last hours here with you as it's just so inspiring to me and I hope to you.  Thanks for spending some of your week with us!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

18 comments:

  1. Hat with flowers...perfect.
    wavy here too! I think the winds came straight from your coast to Lake Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ocean pictures....and such a pretty little crochet hat. Have a good journey home.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a gorgeosu place to visit, those waves and the sun glittering off the water are just amazing. Safe trip home.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ocean is truly awe inspiring, you really have made the most of your week.

    Have a safe journey home!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet it was hard to leave with such a pretty place and the nice weather.
    The little hat turned out so cute.
    Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! Looks like a lovely place to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a polite little girl. I bet she was thrilled with the hat! Beautiful pictures as always. Those waves are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pictures Teresa and love all the ocean shots......we will be on the water tomorrow night (monday) heading to Tasmania and hope the seas are smooth lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hat turned out so cute. Your week looked and sounded as though you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad for you. Maybe next time you can get that first spot and not have any chance of having a blocked view. We're bust unpacking the house here in DC. They just got keys yesterday and so we've been busy, busy!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had some sunny weather, too, Teresa! While we were swimming yesterday the sun came out and made the water glow. You and Dayle got more beautiful photos! I had the worst time getting Blogger to let me post my photos and still can't figure out what I was doing wrong that eventually I got right :) The hat turned out perfectly! Bravo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's breathtakingly beautiful. Just looking at those amazing pictures of the sea makes me feel calmer. Glad you had such a good time. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures of the sea there is nothing like pounding waves. The hat turned out wonderfully, loved the colour. Sounds like a great break away, making some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your beautiful photos of the ocean really make me miss it so much!!! I can hear the roar and smell the salty fresh sea air!!! Glad you had a good time!!! See you at home!!!
    Love
    AMarie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the hat and your photos of the ocean are wonderful. I can here those waves roaring. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures as always sweet friend! I can hear those waves crashing....smell the salty air...gosh, what a wonderful time you've all had. :) The hats are so cute. Wishing you a most lovely day. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. All I can say is I love it, I love it! Love the sea, the skies and your sharing❤️
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a beautiful spot to spend some time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had a lovely time Teresa. I love that last picture of your flowers - beautiful colours. The ocean shots are gorgeous as is the pretty sunset. Hope the coming week is good for you. xox

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)