Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A Few New Decs

Hello!  I thought I'd share with you a few new Christmas decorations I've found.  I saw an ad for the Vermont Country Store and clicked through and saw this little light set of bubbling lights that reminded of days of yore.  I have always been fascinated with these but have never had one.  Little bits of glitter bubble up in the glass candles.  Isn't it cute and retro?



They also had a big Bayberry pillar candle which I thought would make the house smell holiday-ish.. and it does, it's very spicy smelling.  I set the candle in a crystal bowl that Dayle and I had gifted to his mother one Christmas long ago and were able to bring it home, now it will always remind me of his mom who taught me to knit and crochet.  :-)


They also had this cute little retro ceramic tree of which I used to actually think was kinda tacky.. but now I appreciate how it makes me think of the 50s, which I actually was a young child having been born in 1949.


And while I was fulfilling childhood dreams, I've always wished for a Christmas tree with a toy train going around it and thus I saw this little tree on Amazon and now it's sitting on the cabinet beside my easy chair and the lights flicker and a cute little train is going around the base and under the tree is a cute little lighted village, too!  :-D  The painting behind the tree is one I did many years ago - it's from a photo my sister-in-law D'Ann took of my grandparent's old farmhouse in Oklahoma when she was back there visiting.  I used octopus ink to paint it that my friend who was a fisherman in Alaska harvested from an octopus that they caught in their net and they ate him and sent me the ink.  Can you believe that they had 6 children in that little house and raised them all there?  Grandma raised chickens, pigs and grandpa raised cows to feed their family.


l want to thank all of you who took the time to leave a comment or email me support to continue my quest to get healthy.  It means a lot to me.  I am now down 5 lbs.  Not much for 4 weeks of deprivation.. :-)  But I'm sticking with it.  I might cry and be depressed and wish for days of hot biscuits and fresh bread (and sweets) but I will do this.. I will.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. You look so festive already, bet that candle smells lovely. I much admire your artistic skills, what a fabulous picture :) B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of your new decorations. Dennis’ Mom made one of the ceramic trees with the lights in it the first year we were married, in 1978. She still puts it out every year. I remember bubble lights too. Good for you on continuing your quest for health. I’m proud of your perseverance.
    Blessings always,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. your resolve is very important teresa i lost 60lbs over two years on ww slow going ...
    but each time on the scale was a bit rewarding coming off b/p meds after 25lbs was a huge motivator
    dining out is still very hard i stick to a few things.....turkey burger with half a bun, chili with no cheese or sourcream, or salad with dressing on the side only. you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear here your persevering on the low carb it does get a bit easier and it is ok to have carbs when losing it xoxo Oh my I so love your new chrissy decos and that little tree with the train going around toot toot. Here if I get it out, I have a train with tracks and we place a mini tree in the centre xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new decorations you bought for this holiday season! These iconic designs bring back memories from a wonderful time. Also, I wanted to say your baby blanket and hat you made are adorable. I'm sure it will be a much cherished gifts. My best to you, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you share the stories with each of your special Christmas decorations, your joy and the warmth of your home spills forth and I feel like I am right there with you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see your decorations and to read your fascinating stories. I love how the sight of something from childhood just takes you straight back. You are doing so well with your carb restrictions Teresa...you deserve lots of encouragement! I hope it gets easier and think you are great for sticking with it! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5 lbs. is actually a lot - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like your new Christmas decoration and I do love having Christmas scented candles in the house over the holidays. I think you're doing well on your new no carb regime. Of course it's going to take time to adjust but I bet you will have more energy and feel more alert as a result of doing it. Keep going Teresa, you can do this x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice decor Teresa! I enjoy old style items too. Interesting house you painted. I love the soft scents of Christmas. Christmas cookie or cinnamon roll fragrance my fav in candles! Did I hear right that Multnomah Falls has re-opened? Heard it on the radio this morn. Keep up weight loss. Slow is better than too fast for loss. Happy day...x-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for you!! Slow going is the best (in my opinion). Any rapid weight gain seems to go right back on (plus). Just remember not to be too hard on yourself.

    I used to go to the VT Country Store all the time. Their primary establishment (in Weston, VT) is just a town over from where my Dad grew up and my Grandparents lived. It is a crazy place to visit (and always crowded), but they have some fun retro stuff. Love your selections - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love your decorations Teresa. I was born in 1951 and I often long for the times we had then, especially the Christmases. I'm the eldest of five. All born quite close together. My mum had the five of us, under seven in a tiny two up and two down as they were called before we moved. I miss those days so much. My grandparents are gone, as is my dad and my eldest brother , knocked down when he was ten. But I have kept many traditions alive and I do enjoy Christmas and the build up and precious times with my family. I understand your weight loss journey, I am trying but it is difficult! I look back at those photos from the sixties - flower power and mini skirts etc and wonder where 'I went' if you know what I mean. Gosh I feel so nostalgic after your post :-) Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christmas time is so special! I am looking forward to starting to decorate this weekend. Despite the fact it is the first weekend of Summer here, we are expected to get a months worth of rain in one weekend. Very annoying! I was looking forward to sunny weather as we are trying to building our back patio in time for Xmas. I love vintage Christmas decorations and yours are adorable! Hugs to you! xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Teresa.I am catching up in Blogland as I have been on another visit to my mum,just got back.I Love your christmas trees soooo cute and those lights are really unusual I love them.When I went to America at Christmas we went into a shop which sold nothing but Christmas Ornaments it was just Magical.I love candles and prefer them to electric light.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The decorations are so pretty and the stories that go with them more precious. Yay for your low carb success! You inspire me! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the ceramic tree! My friend Sarah has one, and she just texted me a photo of it today, with a funny memory of her putting too strong of a light in it, and it melted the plastic casings around the colored bulbs. We looked over at her tree and both shrieked as the bulbs were beginning to slide down the side of it. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your new Christmas decorations. You can do this Teresa. It is so hard when it is Holiday time and everyone else seems to be treating themselves. But if you can get through this time of year you can do it any time of year. I am sending you positive thought and willpower!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)