Friday, February 24, 2017

Beady Eyed

Hello there.  I'm running late to post today because.. we've been ill and house-bound.  I googled our symptoms and we may have had the Norovirus.  I won't go into detail.. but it's not a good thing to have.  It feels like a whole alien colony of evil microbes and amoebas are having a party in my stomach and intestines.  So, the result of being home-bound is we haven't been out and about and don't have much to share.  But I do have some beads to string so I pulled out my beading work tray to organize it a bit.  I found a tiny glass jar that I ordered on Etsy, actually I got 10 of them.  I put in the tiny jar the tiniest agates that Dayle and Kristi found on the beach.  I am going to use my sterling silver wire and make a bail on the top so I can wear this as a pendant.  :-)


Here is my tray on my lap.  All set to do some creative work.



I've showed you my Sleeping Beauty rondelles.. I'm just not sure what I want to do for the focal beads in the bracelet I have planned.  We'll do some playing today and see what I come up with.  See the heart in the center?  I got some Swarovski crystal hearts - I am going to make a wire bail on the top and hang them from safety pins and give them as gifts.  The safety pin is what you wear if you want people to know that if they are in a scary situation with a stranger, you will help them.


Do you know what an "etui" is?  You might if you do crossword puzzles.  It means "needle case".  Have you seen the one I made using a wooden tube case?  I did a peyote stitch, flame design.  This is *always* on my beading tray.


I had a polished agate cabochon which I glued to the top.



And here is the finished bracelet.  I used to have a double strand turquoise bracelet but it broke, so then I had a one strand, but missed the double one.  So, then I found some Sleeping Beauty Mine rondelles on eBay and today I restrung it.


How do you keep busy when you aren't feeling well?  I hope all is well with you and yours.   ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. Oh Teresa, I'm sorry to hear you have all been sick. There's so much crud going around right now. I'm glad you found something to keep you busy while you recover. Your new bracelet is stunning! I think you know what I do to keep busy when I'm not well. Out come the needles and the hooks and the yarn and away I go. Ha! I hope you're all feeling better very soon.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on not having to jump up to get to tthe bathroom in time and flinging all your pretty beads every which way....lol
    I do hope you all start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you Teresa, get well soon that is a very nasty illness. Bead therapy is the very best remedy! Gorgeous work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you have not been well, hope you are recovering now. Crochet is what I usually turn to when I need to relax. Love the needle case, what a delight. The bracelet is a stunner. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh I hope you are feeling somewhat better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You poor thing. That does not sound like a fun bug at all. Love the bracelet, you did a great job. I knit when I am sick, but when I am too sick to knit I just sleep. Get well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listen to an audiobook when I don't feel well. It is soothing to have someone talking to you. I hope you are feeling much much better now, we've had Noro in the house and I know how awful it is. Your bracelet is very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Teresa, sorry you've been unwell. I have had Norovirus it is horrid. I'm just recovered from Flu - did a little knitting when I felt a bit better. Love the bracelet. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, #1 thank you for the kind words about my finished tank/tee. #2 I love your bead work!!! You are a talented one.
    #3 When Im sick I eat rice and it thrills me to eat it. I love salted buttered rice . I also eat Mrs grass chicken noodle soup or Ramen noodles. The salt seems important with GI issues. I read when I'm sick. It is when i turn to magazines. I try to stay away from Fireman. once I spent the whole weekend in another bedroom so he wouldnt catch my cold before we went on vacation. It was extreme, but it worked! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gee I sure hope you are feeling a lot better Teresa and thank you so much for all the comments on my blog xoxo You do make beautiful things and I always enjoy visiting you here even if I don't always comment xoxoox love from OZ in NZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you're sick. That's no fun. Your bracelet is gorgeous! I don't seem to be very productive when I'm not feeling well.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel better soon, Teresa. Nice work on the bracelet; it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That norovirus is nasty, I hope by now you're starting to feel a little better. I like to wrap myself up and put on an old movie when I'm unwell, anything else is too much effort. Lovely beads. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear poor you! I hope you are feeling much better now dear Teresa! Your beading is so beautiful. I love that gorgeous bracelet. Take care.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)