Saturday, January 29, 2011

Passionflower Wool & Orange Marmalade Bread

When I did some yarn shopping a few months ago I saw this amazing color in 100% Peruvian wool, it's Stitch Nation by Debbie Stoller made by Red Heart.  The color on this is called "Passionflower" and I can say it's a great name for it.  I bought it and another skein that is brilliant turquoise.  I needed a project to take with me to work on while I volunteered at Multnomah Falls on Thursday and I got about 18 inches done while visiting with people all over the world.  I just wish the photo could do justice of this color -- it doesn't - you should see the yummy iridescent rich dark pink with blue overtones.. nice.

I found a new recipe for hubby to make (tee hee) and he did today - Orange Marmalade Bread!  He added dried cranberries infused with pomegranate juice and broken pecans.  It's cooling on the table so I took these photos.  I had decorated the table for Valentines Day yesterday, adding my schmaltzy heart infested fabric tablecloth.. lol.. 
Hubby said before I give you the recipe we should taste it... but it sure is pretty!  If it's good, I'll add the recipe later.  Smells divine!
I've been working on the Winter issue of the Friends of Multnomah Falls newsletter today and also doing some work on a new brochure.

Later we're meeting our youngest son for dinner at the Roadhouse Grill - great steaks, baked sweet potatoes, crispy salad with homemade yeast rolls with honey butter.  :-)

I hope you're having a nice weekend.. we had another dry sunny day here so we're very pleased with the sunshine flooding the house.

((hugs)) Teresa

13 comments:

  1. Love the scarf, so bright and cheerful. What are you going to make with the turquoise?

    That bread looks delish. Orange and cranberries make a great combination.

    What is that white crochet under your scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks wonderful and your scarf is so beautiful. I love the color, do you like it better than the Noro?
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    XO,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise, if you ever get a chance to see this wool in this color in person you should! Not sure what I'll do with the turquoise, probably make another of these. They'll make great gifts! We tried the bread now and it's a winner! The white crochet is a tablecloth that I got when my mother passed away last March. It's very fine crochet.

    Hi Meredith, thanks! The noro I used is VERY scratchy, although the blend of colors are visually pleasing. This Peruvian wool is much nicer to the touch. Have a good weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a scrummy colour Teresa and what a beautiful scarf. Did you decorate your table for Valentine's day because the photo is going into your winter falls brochure or do you celebrate Valentine's Day earlier that us here in the UK?? (14th Feb) I am intrigued. The table looks so pretty. It's still very cold here but today we too have some long missed sunshine streaming in..wonderful!
    Enjoy your Sunday,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa!!! the scarf looks really pretty, I've been thinking in making one of those and I was thinking in a stripe yarn but that solid looks great too!!! I bet the bread was good! it looks so yummy!
    Enjoy Sunday!
    Shanti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane, I love holiday decorating and I admit I did jump ahead on decorating for Valentines Day, we also celebrate on Feb 14th, but I like to get my decorations up ahead so I can enjoy them for a few weeks. :-)

    Hi Shanti, I've done the Queen Anne's Lace scarf in a striped Noro, and it was pretty, but the solid color is also pretty. I think that pattern would look good with many variations. Just not in a fluffy yarn. The bread is indeed yummy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful color for your scarf Teresa, it is so pretty. Just pass me a slice of your loaf and I'll get a cup of tea. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clara, here's your bread ::passing a plate::, can I have some of your tea? LOL Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello dearest Teresa

    this is such a beautiful post and really puts me in the mood for the forthcoming valentine's celebrations.

    i love the passionflower scarf ❤ and the marmalade bread both looks and sounds delicious.

    in answer to your question regarding changing the style of font. i use a font called Papyrus and made the changes via editing HTML. if you need any help with editing HTML let me know and i'll be happy to send you a how-to email.

    wishing you a lovely first month of february

    warmest hugs

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely scarf. I've never heard of that yarn but the color is absolutely beautiful and I swear I can smell that bread your husband made. I already have a weight problem, if my husband cooked like yours I don't know what I'd do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That yarn is wonderful. I haven't made anything with it yet, but the colors are great. Speaking of great, that bread looks yummy!!! I also LOVE how you change your surroundings, both at home and in the virtual world, to match the seasons/holidays. My mom used to do that when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betsy, yes, the aroma of that bread was delish! We won't talk about weight problems.. :-) We're retired and hubby has taken to cooking and baking our bread from scratch, works for me! LOL

    melbatoast... do you decorate for the season's like your mom did? Lucky for you that your mom did that, mine didn't, so I'm doing my own thing now. Wish your name was on your blog as I keep looking for it! :-) ((hugs)) Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. That scarf is gorgeous! I love the way you decorate, so pretty and cozy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)