Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Postcard from Pacific City

Hi my friends!  Just a quick post to say hello.  I'm on a slower free wifi at our RV park across from a gorgeous beach at Pacific City, Oregon.  We arrived on Monday afternoon and our son, Travis, wife and 2 little boys were here already and had a space next to them saved for us.  On our drive here we passed over a mountain range and saw some great scenery - and when we neared the coast we saw cars on the side of the road and then saw why.. there was a huge herd of Elk in a pasture there.  With our big trailer we couldn't stop for a photo, but it was really cool!
Yesterday was our first full day here and we went to the beach and tootled around to check out the area.  Our son has let the air out of his tires so we can drive on the beach here.  We drove back to catch the sunset last night, this is Cape Kiwanda.  I'll have lots more stories and photos when I get back.  I hope you're enjoying your week, we sure are!

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

13 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! The Pacific coastline is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you and Kris need to stop rubbing it in to us landlocked gals. That is a perfect picture and was well worth the drive back. Glad to hear you have arrived safely. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunset there Teresa, enjoy your holiday!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the area you are at and how wonderful to see elk on the way over the gorgeous coast range! Have a great time with your family and a safe trip home:)
    Blessings,
    Aimee
    Good timing on the trip--you are, hopefully, missing our mini heat wave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sunset. Have a great holiday Teresa. ((hugs)) Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning picture. The colors of that sunset are brilliant! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and I look forward to seeing all the pretty pictures you'll have for us!
    ~Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are having a great time Teresa, that is a beautiful sunset. Look forward to hearing and seeing more about your holiday. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I hope you are having a WONDERFUL trip! Irene made the mosquitoes mad at the NC beaches, so I look like I have chicken pocks. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! I can't wait to see more pictures of you adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photo Teresa. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)