Monday, September 5, 2016

Good Boys

What a busy week we had last week!  Something going on every day, then our son made an impromptu trip up to visit us from Temecula, California and was here Thursday for 3 days and headed back home yesterday morning.  It was great to see him again and get to hang out and visit with him.  Our youngest son Travis went on vacation as of Saturday so both my boys were here.  Happy Mom.  Our son Travis and his family live with us so we've gotten to be a big part of our grandson's lives.  Travis and Kristi headed off yesterday for a weeklong vacation, heading up to Ocean Shores, WA and then to Victoria BC, Canada and then to Seattle, Washington.  We've got these guys.  :-)  We took them out to dinner at Elmer's Restaurant last night.  Caleb (left) ordered macaroni and cheese with applesauce and informed me he'd like to order TWO dinners.  I said.. how about you eat one first and see if you're still hungry.  He polished off the first one in record time and said he'd like to order the 2 hamburger slider meal also.  OK.. if you're sure.. he was sure.  No problem finishing that off and then he had a strawberry sundae.  Hayden had mac and cheese with ham.. and when he saw Caleb polish off two dinners.. his eye got big and he said.. WOW!  :-)


This morning I made breakfast.. :-)  I gave them two bowls, two bags of cereal, two spoons and a jug of milk.  Voila!  When I looked at this photo I realized that I broke one of their mom's rules.. no Kindles at the table.  OOPS!  :-)


This morning I spotted a ring I made a while back.. and slipped it on my finger.  I used 3 very old trade beads that I had gotten from 2 traders of NW Native American antiques.. they actually bought these from a museum after they were decommissioned.  I figured out how to make a wire-wrapped ring myself using sterling silver wire and beads.  I should make some more of these.


It's Labor Day weekend.. but we're just going to stay home and take it easy.. Dayle thinks that the world will be a bit crazy with holiday-makers so wants to just enjoy our peace and quiet on the farm.  OK.. sounds good.  I think I might do some knitting on my organic cotton unbleached off-white dish cloth.  What are you up to today?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

15 comments:

  1. Nothing going on around here today! Just enjoying the peace and quiet and little bit cooler weather. That one grandson must be on a growing spurt! LOL But, don't you love it when they eat well. Have a great day.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time having the boys to yourselves, they look as though they are having a fab time with Nanna and Graddad and you are always allowed to bend the rules as a grandparent ;0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of us here are not laboring! However, the menfolk have been trying to restore a wood chipper, and one fixed our washing machine by unplugging it and letting its computer reset. I'm glad your boys are enjoying their time with you and you with them :) Your silver and bead room is a pretty design! Happy Labor Day knitting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at the amount of food boys can eat. When both of our boys were teenagers and at home, we would easily go through 10 gallons of milk a week! It looks as though you're all having a good time together. Love your ring...it's beautiful. You have so much talent in many creative things Teresa.
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet Caleb is about to go through a growth spurt. My kids always had huge appetites when that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't grandchildren the best? We too stayed home this holiday weekend. I love that ring you created; beautiful! Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peace and quiet sounds good to me. Love that ring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely surprise having your two boys at home together - even for a short time. Bet you and Dayle are having a good time with the boys - my goodness what an appetite --- two dinners !! Pretty ring Teresa .. you have so many talents. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. We stayed home as well even though our roofer contractor came and took our old roof off. Today the shingles get go on. Noisy. We don't go anywhere either as there's too many cars everywhere!! The ring us pretty! Good find! Now I need to rise and get ready for work. 3 days this week!! Hugs! :-!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had different friends visiting the new house everyday. We made brick chicken one night, ordered chicago style pizza another. So fun to have so much laughter here. Did not get to knit much; i will change that this afternoon! Your family is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. These boys are so adorable ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely to catch up with you today Teresa and my goodness how Hayden and Caleb are growing up so fast!...Very wise to sit back and take it easy with your knitting :-) Love your ring...such a pretty colour too x
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun you have been having with the boys! Sounds as though they are not missing their parents as long as they are getting plenty to eat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun to spend time with your grandsons! I love that pretty ring, it is a lovely design and colour :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)