Friday, May 18, 2018

A Gift from Q8 and Purple Iris

Look what arrived in the mail yesterday!  A beautiful hand stitched card from my darling blog friend Tammy who lives in Kuwait.  I'm in awe of the tiny stitches and gorgeous design and plan to frame this work of art so I can hang it in our den for all to enjoy.  *T*H*A*N*K* * *Y*O*U*!*!*!* Tammy!


I'm so attracted to the colors in this and the geometric designs.



We picked up the mail and headed to Multnomah Falls to pick something up at the visitors center and while Dayle walked in from the freeway parking lot I played with taking a photo of the card with the falls in the background.  :-)


The back of the card tells you the story of where it was created.  Tammy was born in the US but married a man from Kuwait and they have raised two sons there who are in college in the US now!  Do click on her link above and visit as she's just put up a new post with lots of travel photos and stories.



My purple Iris bloomed!  It's gorgeous and rich colored and I love it.  There are 3 of them in bloom now. :-)


I'm not sure which is the best angle to take a photo of an Iris, which image is your favorite?


Do you have any fun weekend plans?  We don't, but as you know.. I like a good amount of down time.  :-)  I'm off to swim in a few hours.  Thanks for visiting!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Glad you got the card, Teresa. My husband was born in Kuwait but he is Palestinian and his roots are in Jerusalem. I guess that tells you where we stand on the new US Embassy opening there. :( Irises are blooming here, too, but we don't have that pretty color. Mostly orangeish ones. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful card from Tammy! I received a surprise package from her in the mail yesterday too. What a sweet and generous lady she is. Our plans for the weekend are being at the lake, where I am now, and going to a nine-year-old’s birthday party tomorrow. It’s rainy and cool but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying my trailer. Have a great weekend Teresa.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty stitched card! Especially so, against the beauty of the falls!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Iris is just beautiful! No weekend plans, thank goodness. Looking forward to some down time now that school is finished. I will be checking that blog link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card from Tammy is so pretty and your Iris photos are both perfection to me! The painters made good progress today and I took another load of things to Salvation Army and did some weeding and general cleaning and packing. I hope to catch up on some sleep this weekend as well as get more chores done. Happy Weekend to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card, the striking colours were a delight. We have plans to watch the Royal Wedding and then enjoy afternoon tea with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Love your iris flowers too. Have a lovely weekend, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice gift from your friend. I like the photo you took with it at the falls. I wasn't able to stop there on our trip home from WA. Will go another time and hopefully get a few items I wanted to get then. We're at home and I'm working on cleaning and menus for next week. Your purple iris is pretty!Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice gift from your friend. I like the photo you took with it at the falls. I wasn't able to stop there on our trip home from WA. Will go another time and hopefully get a few items I wanted to get then. We're at home and I'm working on cleaning and menus for next week. Your purple iris is pretty!Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful stitched card, Teresa. Your iris photos are quite striking. I like the second photo, though they are both pretty. Our daughter and son-in-law are here celebrating their son's birthday -he's the grand that lives with us. Enjoy your down time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Teresa and your iris is the most stunning colour. I hope you had a fab weekend.We enjoyed watching the Royal wedding and catching up with our sweet grandbabies. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful Teresa and sure lovely the purple flowers for sure, my favourite colour xoxo Weekend came and went and had fun catching up with a dear nz friend xo

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)