Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Life's a Bowl Full of Cherries

The wild cherry tree behind my carport is loaded like I've never seen it before.  And right now they are red red red!  I walked up to get some photos of them and ate a few and they were delicious.  We might have to do some cherry picking!


Talk about a photogenic fruit.


And the tree is loaded.  The birds are happy!


For some reason the reddest ones were on the lowest branches.


Dayle and I met Kristi and the boys at Home Depot so they could use his retired military discount to buy a small chainsaw for Kristi to use when doing her garden work and a smoke detector for the newly remodeled attic.  Then we went to lunch at the little Italian place in Troutdale and on the way home swung in to our local berry stand to pick up another crate of fresh picked Hood strawberries for another round of strawberry shortcake before they're gone.


And yes, they are delicious and sweet.


We also got a hallock of Rainier cherries for our son Travis, as he is allergic to strawberries, poor boy.


Kristi moved the boys mattresses in the attic for them to try out.  I'm thinking they like the big open space.  :-)


Hayden is liking being near the window.


I've been enjoying my new deck chair in this fair weather.


I will be swimming today, it's so neat when the weather is nice, on the way home I let my hair down, open all the windows and the sunroof and let my hair dry and blow around on the way home.  And I blast my playlist on the car stereo.. Hotel California by the Eagles, How Deep is your Love by the BeeGees, Imagine by John Lennon, Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett, Hello by Adele.. I have a very varied playlist.  

Can you list your 5 favorite songs on your playlist?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

15 comments:

  1. Sound s like my kind of playlist. Those cherries look delicious and your attic is now a marvellous space for your grandsons to enjoy. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cherries!!! And you are right, the tree is loaded. I bet they are delicious!

    OK, the first 5 that pop into my mind: 1) The Mist by Anjani; 2) In Compagnia by Eros Ramazzotti; 3) Silver Spring by Fleetwood Mac; 4) Tangled Up in Blue by Dylan and 5) River by Joni Mitchell. Showing my age - lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect place for the boys. A retreat perfect sized for them. Those cherries and strawberries look amazing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image of you burning up the road with the radio on, hair blowing in the breeze. Cherries are my favourites I think, I love them so much. We have a couple trees here. The birds have their share, but there's usually plenty for us too. Those strawberries look amazing, I bet the shortcake is good. My boys took over our top room for a while when it was created, until it became the middle boy's room. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what gorgeous cherries! How lucky you are to still have fresh strawberries. Our season is now over but raspberries and blueberries are coming in.
    The boys look so comfortable in the newly renovated attic. My sisters and I had a room in the attic growing up. We loved it!
    My playlist varies as well, but your's would make me happy. Have a great evening. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your playlist sounds much like mine. I think the attic looks like a great space for the boys. I bet they will like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Teresa and Hayden sure looks very happy in the attic. Wow those cherries look fantastic yum. Love Adele and I have a very varied tracklist in the car and of course some Alice Cooper too and even some songs from the 50's lol I was born too late ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cherries look amazing! I am seriously considering planting a cherry tree and espaliering it along the back fence as we don't have a lot of room for trees in our little yard. The attic looks wonderful!
    My 5 current fave songs in my playlist: 1. Sugar Sugar by The Archies 2. Brand New Key by Melanie Safka 3. Fox On the Run by The Sweet 4. Feelin' Alright by Joe Cocker 5. Any songs by Creedence Clearwater Revival. Yep my tastes are firmly planted in the 60s and 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Lovely cherries and strawberries. They look fresh. Boys are happy and comfortable on their new place.
    Lovely to see your small pond.Swimming is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cherries look delicious, strawberries too. Mine are coming towards the end because we have had no rain for weeks.
    I think I might do a post about favourite music - thank you for the idea.
    Don't think I will get to swim next week as I have workmen here doing bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hayden looks very happy!!
    5: songs!!!
    My heart is in havana
    Last Dance (donna summer)
    American Pie
    He Stopped Lovin her today (classic)
    I love you so (bruno Mars)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd find it hard to choose five tracks, but I love Adele, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Ed Sheeran, I could go, but won't lol! Love cherries and yours look fantastic, so red. Fortunately, there are some cherry trees in a local wood that I can forage from. I bet those boys are going to love their new attic room. You've done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. While weeding a couple of weeks ago I got thunked on the head by a cherry pit from the nearby cherry tree! Your gorgeous cherries do look like they are inviting a family 🍒 harvesting event 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew those boys would be sleeping up there, their own private space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum! All those beautiful cherries and strawberries. I really think red is the color of summer.
    I have a lot of favorite music. Here are some random picks: Across the Room by Leon Bridges and Odesza, Wait by Maroon 5, Girls Chase Boys by Ingrid Michaelson, Holiday by Madonna, and A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay. Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)