Friday, June 29, 2018

Posie Goodies and Swap Surprises

But first.. in honor of the 4th of July that is coming soon.. I had to buy this cute Statue of Liberty tin sculpture at Pier 1 Imports and she's on the table ready for the holiday.  Actually I love her so much she could stay there all year.  


Blogger and craftswoman extraordinaire, Alicia Paulson from "Posie Gets Cozy" blog fame, put some items on her online shop recently and I bought two things.  Her products are beautiful, high quality, and wonderful and they are packaged so prettily.  I like that she used a paper bag instead of plastic.  



Her latest crafty obsession is dying yarn and I *LOVE* the candy pastel colors she's doing.  When I went to buy some, almost all the colors were sold out, but I managed to snap up this pretty skein.  Now.. what do you suggest I make with this sweet stuff?


And then.. oh my.. she is making this cool lotion bar!  Be sure to look at her post about this.



Can you believe how cool this is?  There are two designs and each has it's own aroma.  Forest Flower is made with beeswax from local bees; coconut oil; unrefined shea butter; and essential oils of cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, clary sage, bergamot, sandalwood, and jasmine absolute.  

You hold it in your warm hand to melt then rub it in, I use it on my fingernails, hands and arms.  This has a woodsy aroma.


Another shot of the yarn.  



And now for the swap I participated in on KathyB's blog.  My swap partner was Kim from Georgia at Hand Eye Crafts Two blog.  This arrived with a nice note.


Some pretty yarn, a red, white and blue item - which is a mug, and a button.  Fun!  I'm not sure if this is sock yarn, anyone know?


Isn't this a neat button?



The mug has yarn on it.. lol!  Thanks, Kim!  I sent some sock yarn in the colors she asked for, several buttons and a hand-made red, white and blue sterling silver and glass bead necklace with a sterling silver bead chain.  


Here is a full size image of my Lady Liberty.



Kristi and the boys went grocery shopping this morning and brought me home these wonderful, summery flowers!  Aren't they pretty?


I spread a patriotic tablecloth on the table this morning and am ready for our 4th of July parade and BBQ next week! :-)  What are your plans?


I am off to swim soon.  The weather is simply perfection.  Have a wonderful weekend!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. From the photo your new yarn does look like sock yarn or a VERY light DK. Fun things from Alicia. She does quality in all she designs. The lotion bar is almost too pretty to use. I like your Lady Liberty too.
    If all goes as planned we will spen 4th of July with Mandy’s in-laws at the lake. They have a parade every year. Time will tell though. We’re in SD and VERY tired of driving and it’s terribly hot and humid here.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a follower of Alicia Paulson's blog, she is so talented and the yarn she sent you is so pretty - such subtle colours. The 4th of July is a sad time for me, as I lost my Mum on that day four years ago. Your Lady Liberty is a cute addition to the festivities and I hope you and your family have a great time on the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I had no idea Alicia was selling yarn, well done on snagging a beautiful skein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely hand dyed yarn, Teresa. Your Forth of July table looks great with Lady Liberty in the center along with those gorgeous sunflowers. Sunflowers are such happy flowers of summer. I really like your tablecloth as well. Enjoy your weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clara is a sport weight, 100% merino (not really suitable for socks). The Fino is a merino/silk fingering weight, but with no nylon probably would not be real durable and my guess is the silk would make it too drapey for socks. But .........lovely yarns indeed. Miss Liberty is GORGEOUS!!!

    We will be going to our local 4th parade with friends that are visiting from Florida. The husband (Mike) and I met in kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All lovely goodies. Have fun at your 4th July festivities. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wool. I think the second lot does look like sock wool. Hope you have a great 4th of July. That seems to have come round so quickly. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Teresa, you are amazing with your seasonal table decorations. I always look forward to seeing them and wonder what the next one will be. The yarn you got looks lovely - hard to say what it might be without being able to handle it. Have you tried the wraps per inch method? Look forward to finding out how you use it. You too have a good weekend. Its almost Sunday here already. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim always comes through with great swap items. that FINO is gorgeous. I think it would make an amazing shawl. Crocheted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful statue, a great centre piece for your celebration. Loved the lotion bar, such a pretty design. The flowers were a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm going to follow all your adventures now neighbor! xo the other Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Lady Liberty Teresa - she is wonderful! And what a lovely swap package you received (I was anxious to hear that your package arrived since I know you have been burned in the past). And Posie! Love that yarn. I've been tempted to make one of her little creatures - either the fox or the cat. I need more time for fun things - lol.

    Hope you and your family are enjoying a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alicia's lotion bar looks beautiful. And ingredients I can live with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What lovely gifts and treasures Teresa. I love your new statue, enjoy all the 4th of July celebrations ahead. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Lady Liberty is lovely and it looks like you received some lovely things in your swap. Enjoy your 4th of July celebrations; I always enjoy seeing your seasonal and special occasion table decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such fun to see the results of your swap and shopping 😀We are getting together with folks for the 4th and plan to cook out and have a campfire, but skip fireworks since Lis and Gary have to get up so early for work the next day. We are not quite ready to list the house, but thankfully almost ready...we are finishing some framing on the old inside windows and waiting for the window washer to finish, but the major projects are done. Yay!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh love your lady Teresa what a neat find and yes keep her out all year every year. She would look neat at xmas with some tinsel ☺☺

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)