Monday, July 30, 2018

Lost Lake and Crochet Guild

Hello friends!  I hope you had a good weekend.  We had a busy one!  On Friday I met my blog friend Gracie and her sister for lunch then on to the Crochet Guild of America annual conference where we met a fellow blogger, but more on that further down.  Saturday we went on an adventure to Lost Lake at the base of Mt. Hood.  Sunday we had a Friends of Multnomah Falls Annual Volunteer Appreciation Picnic.  

But first let me share some amazing photos of our trip to Lost Lake.  We headed out around noon and drove to Hood River for lunch at Betty's Place, a great diner in old town.  Then headed up and up and up, winding back and forth to the lake.  I was shocked and amazed at how many people were there on a hot Saturday.  I will avoid it on weekends at all cost henceforth!  :-)

But.. oh my.. it was worth the trip to see this.


Zooming in a bit.. 



Closer.. it's a bit naked, isn't it?  :-)


The viewpoint is on the West of the lake, which was our first destination, then we drove back to the lodge, boat dock and swimming area.  Travis, Kristi and the boys hiked from the viewpoint to the boat dock.



Dayle and I drove around and parked and walked down to watch the boys swimming.  Caleb is in front of the paddle board and Hayden is there, too.



The boys had a great time swimming, cooling off and enjoying the lake.  They are water babies for sure.


They rent out kayaks and rowboats and people were having so much fun on this beautiful lake.


Instead of re-tracing our steps back to Hood River and to home, we decided to do the Mt. Hood Loop and go all the way around.  This shot is right below the peak from Hwy 26.



This shot is from Government Camp, if you look close on the bottom right you can actually see the ski lift!



At the same spot there was a patch of Fireweed in bloom.


OK.. back to Friday.  We enjoyed our visit to the CGOA and meeting a fellow blogger, Sue Perez, standing between Gracie and me.  Gracie's sister also joined us as she is in town visiting.  Sue is an accomplished crochet pattern designer and has been published in many crochet magazines.  Her blog is Mr. Micawber's Recipe for Happiness.



I thought you might like seeing these cute earrings being sold.. tiny skeins of yarn made from leftover yarn ends.  :-)



Just one of the booths.. so many varieties of yarns, so many colors, it was fun to squish and ogle.


Sue introduced me to this delightful woman, Kathryn, from Oklahoma.  She is a filet crochet designer and made her skirt!  It was embellished with crocheted flowers.  


I bought this CGOA collector's crochet hook to support the organization.  I can't believe it but I didn't buy any yarn.  But there was some colorful hand-spun that I've kicked myself for not getting.


Yesterday was the Friends of Multnomah Falls Annual Volunteer Appreciation Picnic.  We had realized that with so many hiking trails closed due to the fire, that our regular picnic shelter at Latourell Falls would likely be over-crowded.. SO.. I negotiated a good price for the Pavilion at Cascade Locks Marine Park.  WELL.. thank goodness we did that because it was air conditioned and roomy and wonderful and the day was SO HOT, over 90 deg. F.  We were all so glad to be in a cool place for the event.  Here we are for our annual group photo.



I managed to capture a moon shot during the Strawberry Moon but it's certainly not red.  LOL!



Today I have one goal.. pack for my trip to Ohio to see my daughter and granddaughters.  Tomorrow is my flight 3000 miles East.  I have one stop, in Detroit.  I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog again, I guess we'll find out.  :-)  Have a wonderful week!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

19 comments:

  1. I love Lost Lake! We had friends who lived on the Fruitloop (in Dee) and we would go there. I recall it was challenging to find a place to park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost Lake is GORGEOUS! What fun to meet up with a fellow blogger in "real life." Glad you enjoyed the entire weekend Teresa. Safe travels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, Lost Lake is beautiful with Mt Hood as its backdrop! We really need to plan a trip out your way. It's gorgeous. I loved seeing your grands enjoying the water.
    Have a wonderful trip tomorrow. Enjoy your family. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have had a wonderful week. Your photos are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh enjoy your trip Teresa!! So great seeing you all having such a fab weekend. We are counting down the weeks to our trip xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful time with all that lovely yarn. The photos you shared are so beautiful. Have a fun trip. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lost Lake looks stunning! Lovely photo of you, Gracie and others. Safe trip to see your family you must be so excited. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekend you had, fun filled days surrounded by beauty. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you arrived safely at your daughter's home by now :-)

    The photos of Mount Hood are beautiful! I think I may have been camping on the shores of Lost Lake twenty years ago but I must double check with my husband, he'll remember the details. I am glad you had such a wonderful time at the crochet convention. I read Sue's blog and Gracie's, too. It is nice to put a face to a blog name. Thanks for sharing your adventures. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mountain photos are gorgeous!

    My daughter would love that crocheted skirt, she has made a dress before.
    How she has the patience to crochet, I'll never know.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one busy lady my friend! I’m so glad that you and Gracie got to meet Sue. Is the guilds conference always in Portland? If so, maybe I can make plans to come over sometime for it. Love all of your photos. I hope you have a wonderful time visiting with your daughter and granddaughters. I know you will. I’m sure you are on your way by now and I wish you safe travels. Maybe it will be cooler there! :-)
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun you have been having Teresa and the same sunny days we are enjoying here. Have a fantastic time with your girls! Safe trip. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know you will enjoy your granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Safe travels Teresa. I know you're going to have a wonderful time - enjoy every second. xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Amazing photos!
    I got interest to learn crochet by seeing things in different blogs.
    Love the skirt. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im thrilled to see all the photos. Especially the one including Mrs McCawber! Sue really lives on a few hours from me and we keep saying we will get together.........i Hope we do! Travel safe. Hello to Ohio for me. I went to Miami of OHio for 2 years in the 80s

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing those beautiful mountain pictures....they are so wonderful to see! What a busy time you've been having and now you are off on an exciting trip! How heart warming it will be to see your daughter and grand daughters again! Have a fantastic time dear Teresa. xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you’ve been busy again Teresa. Have a wonderful time in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad you and Gracie were able to meet up with Sue. I know she was looking forward to spending time with you. The photos of the mountain are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)