Friday, July 13, 2018

We're Having a Heatwave

Hello, how are you?  We are having some pretty summery weather right now!  It got up to 93 deg. F yesterday and is expected to get to 88 deg. today.  I just went out on the deck to snap a few photos of how the flowers are doing and it was 76 right now, perfect.  Our big Hydrangea bush is at it's peak, I think.


The sun is shining in our little forest of Douglas Fir and Cedar trees.


A close-up of the florets of the Hydrangea are like a watercolor.


One of the last to turn purple, I really love the lime green and lavender together.


Dayle sprinkled fertilizer in the outdoor pots and this Bonfire Begonia is growing like it's on steroids!


The flower baskets just keep getting bigger.. :-)



I'm so glad we had this pond installed with 3 waterfalls, it sure sounds nice when you're relaxing on the deck and the koi are fun to watch.


This is a Citronella plant that Kristi got to keep the mosquitoes away.  It smells good too.. like lemon, it's a member of the geranium family.  You crush the leaves and rub them on your skin to repel skeeters.


The Astilbe is so neat how it dependably comes back every year.  I really need more colors of this plant.  It comes in a red, a coral red and white along with this pretty purple.


The Jasmine is scenting the air nicely.


Did I tell you that we have the guy who finished our attic doing some more work around the farm?  He has painted some of the really high things Kristi couldn't get to, power washed the house and roof and I asked him to do a fresh coat on the back door, which I am pleased about.  He also is replacing some broken windows on the barn.  He is also going to work on our front porch, which needs some new deck boards.  Then to decide what color to paint the deck of the old-time porch.  


Shirley and I volunteered at Multnomah Falls in the Visitors Center yesterday.  These two darling girls asked for the Junior Ranger books.  Their Dad had a really interesting accent, I asked where he was from and he said Texas.  :-)  WELL.. it certainly wasn't a Texan accent, so I asked where he was from before Texas and it was Spain.  The kids had to answer questions in the book and then answer questions by Shirley and when they got things right we gave them a Smokey Bear pencil and pencil sharpener.  :-)


My big news is that I've booked a flight to Ohio to visit my daughter and granddaughters.  In 2 and a half weeks.  Dayle is staying home and taking care of the dog - his doctors are re-adjusting his heart medications and I didn't want to stress him.  It's a swim day, it's so nice to go when the weather is sunny!  Do you have any fun weekend plans?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it cools down at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blog post today! I love those purple spotty petunias.

    I am meeting up with a fellow knit blogger tomorrow. Looking forward to a day of shopping and just having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful hydrangea blossoms, Teresa! Also your pretty hanging baskets are so full and lush. Your temperatures sound like our's. The heat and humidity is rising again after a little respite. I'm sure you are looking forward to your trip to see family. We're just relaxing this weekend after having the grands visit. Enjoy your weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have a citronella plant and didnt knowthat's how you use it!! so rub the leaves on us? OKAY!
    I LOVE your new header

    ReplyDelete
  5. All looks so wonderful and yay to you going to see Amy and the girls. Your place just always looks fabulous. I just saw live show of Rocky Horror, loved it. Just had the grandies and they are coming to city pad tomorrow arvo for more minding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blossoms and little girls :-) I enjoyed seeing all the photos and am happy to know you are soon headed to visit some of your loved ones! We got moss scrubbed off the deck boards, more coats of stain on the window frames, and Lis installed seven new smoke alarms and a heater duct. Progress! Happy weekend to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purple! Oh my! It’s absolutely stunning. How nice to have a great handyman. Between he and Kristi your farm should be in tip-top shape! I’m so glad you’re going to see your girls soon. I know how excited you must be. It is still warm here at 10:30 at night. Almost 80. I’m glad we usually only have a couple of weeks of it this hot. I had a bridal shower tonight and a birthday party tomorrow, so no lake till Sunday afternoon. :-(
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things are growing beautifully all around you. That purple hydrangea is absolutely spectacular. Sounds like you are really getting things cleaned up around there. Cute girls. Sure is nice to meet people from all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Hydrangea was a feast for the eyes, such a stunning colour. How exciting to be going on a trip to see your family, wishing you a safe flight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Teresa. Beautiful floral photos. The Hydrangea is a stunning colour. I was so pleased you are going to see your daughter and granddaughters. I am just back from visiting Mum. Take care Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely post....we are having a heatwave too but only in the mid 20s centigrade. We have had wall to wall sunshine for weeks now....we never have it like that in Scotland. Glad you have booked a flight to see your granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flowers Teresa. We're having a heat wave too. How exciting to get to see your girls..I bet you are counting down the days. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers are lovely. I like both my hydrangeas. I love yours too! Enjoy your trip to visit your daughter and family. I went to a lavender farm today. Warm here too! Sunday 96!? Goodness..thankful for air conditioning! Nice that you have more work done at your house by someone who knows what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that purple hydrangea and your hanging baskets are spectacular. I have rediscovered gardening since being set free from work a few years ago. We are having a heatwave here as well and I'm finding it quite draining after 2 months of tropical temperatures, day and night. I'm not sure when I last had a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you again and again, I do like every post you do
    It's such a pleasure to be in your photos and textes.
    Have a good Sunday Teresa.
    xxx to you and all your family and friends
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are back to very hot and humid weather. Ugh! All of your flowers seem to be thriving like crazy. What an abundance of blooms and colors - just lovely. Your upcoming trip sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous hydrangea...such a delicious colour mix! We have been having a heatwave too :) How exciting that you will soon be seeing your girls again. Love your posts...always something interesting. Just enjoying catching up here! xox

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)