Monday, August 13, 2018

Redhead Wedding

Saturday my red haired niece Whitney married her red haired fiance Jeff - and 150 of their closest friends and relatives were there to join in the celebration.  :-)  I loved the whole thing from their clever wedding invitation, the rural location of the wedding, the light-hearted officiation of the marriage and the humorous speeches following the dinner in the tin roof barn.  I took most of these photos but this one and one other are courtesy of Steve and Denise's lifelong friend, Steve Poland.


We arrived and joined my sister Denise, the mother of the bride and Steve, the father of the bride and Shane and Kevin, the bride's two brothers.  The weather was amazing, it's been a heat wave so a cool day was a blessing.  I was happy to see the windmills.. I'm kind of obsessed with them.  We were introduced to Jeff's family and chatted with them.


I *want* a windmill like this on our farm.  :-)


This is an old AERMOTOR windmill.


Everyone headed to the tin roofed open air shed to chat, have a beverage and hors d'oeuvres were passed on trays by nice young ladies.


My sister Denise on the right with one of their friend's son's girlfriend.  I loved the dress my sister wore, she looked GORGEOUS and was having the time of her life the whole day.


This area was used before the wedding and then afterwards before dinner was served.  


It was lit by this big white chandelier.  


There were a lot of young people, friends of the bridal couple, and all the way from very young babies, children, to those of us on the other end of the age spectrum.  :-)


We were all called to move to the area where the ceremony would be held.. after we were all seated Jeff and his best man walked up to the altar which was rustic and covered with Wisteria vines.

Whitney asked BOTH of her parents to walk her down the aisle.. I think it should always be done this way.  You can tell by their faces that it was a VERY happy occasion.


I surrepticiously pulled my camera out of my purse and snapped a few photos.  They'd asked for no cell phones to be used.. so I used my camera.. :-D


There were five handsome groomsmen and five beautiful bridesmaids.


The young ladies picked their own dresses using a similar colorway and they all looked so pretty.


This is one of Steve Poland's photos, he had a better view of Whitney than I did.  I love this image!!


Their friend Keir officated at the ceremony and had us all in stitches the whole time.  He extolled on the merits and wonders of his friend Whitney and told us how he questioned if Jeff would measure up and then how he won all their friends over.  I quite literally never have been to a wedding so much fun and joyful.  


It was clear how much these two loved each other, how well matched they are and how much all their friends care for them.


And.. they are married!!


As we entered the tin roof barn, it was all lit up and the tables laid with vintage lace tablecloths and set with mis-matched vintage china plates and saucers.


Salads, bread, oil with a sprig of lavender for the bread, BBQ salmon and tri-tip steak for dinner and an assortment of desserts.  This is when more fun occurred when speeches by the groomsmen and bridesmaids were delivered.  We all roared with laughter and enjoyment.


The salad and bread part of the meal.


There was a window behind me.. the rural landscape beyond.


I asked a young woman if she'd snap a photo of Dayle and I with Whitney.  :-)  She is an attorney and most of her friends are also.  I see a bright future for my beloved niece and her husband.  


Dayle and I are packing again today - we're off for 5 nights in Oakridge, OR.  We are staying in a hotel and will drive up to spend the days with my brother, his wife and sister at Waldo Lake.  Dayle was not up to taking our trailer this year so we're trying something different.  I should be able to blog from there which will be different than usual when I am off-grid for almost 2 weeks.  Thanks for visiting today, have a wonderful week!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

22 comments:

  1. What a fun time! Looks like a beautiful wedding in a gorgeous setting. Enjoy your trip Teresa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Have fun in Oak Ridge and Waldo! I'm sure you'll take plenty of mosquito repellant!

    Avoid the mexican restaurant in Oak Ridge, it is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wedding Teresa! Thank you for sharing it with us. The bride is beautiful and everyone looks so happy. I know you’ll miss having your little trailer Waldo Lake, but different is sometimes better. I’m looking forward to hearing about the adventure. Many blessings, Betsy
    Blessings,
    Betys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Teresa such a beautiful wedding. The bride looked so lovely as did everyone else. I like weddings that like this. It reminded me of my nephew 's wedding. In the country, tables set for afternoon tea with pretty crockery. Such lovely memories. Have fun away. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the beautiful celebration with us, Teresa! Like Betsy, I am wondering what new adventures you will have at Waldo Lake this year and I am praying for blessings for you and yours πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the barn venue for this beautiful wedding, Teresa! The bride's dress is so pretty with the lace back. Such a happy, glorious occasion! You and your husband look adorable with your niece. Have a wonderful trip! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous location for a wedding. It looks like everyone had a fun and wonderful time which is just how weddings should be! Enjoy your trip. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful wedding in such a lovely setting. Your niece is a beautiful bride and I wish them both much happiness. Have fun on your next adventure. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful day! They have good family behind them. Congrats to the new husband and wife. May they have many, many happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wedding! I loved all your photos Teresa...you captured the whole day so beautifully! Congratulations and much happiness to the bride and groom! I am just catching up here so look forward to seeing your earlier post. Wishing you a happy time on your next trip! XxX

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous couple, and a wonderful day in a beautiful setting. I was smiling as I read your post. I'm wishing them much happiness for their future together. You're off again! I hope you have a lovely time. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful couple and beautiful event! I am glad you all had such a wonderful time. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty wedding. I love that the bridesmaids all wore similar yet different dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful, happy wedding - it all looks really lovely.
    I like the idea of bridesmaids choosing their own dresses to suit them instead of the usual all looking the same and sometimes not suiting different shapes! and they can wear them again - very practical too.
    Have a good holiday

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic wedding. THe trends seem to be to emphasis the quaint and casual and I LOVE That. Your photo of you with hubby and niece is pricelss

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful perfect day so loved seeing all the photo's Teresa. You missing for 2 weeks and I will then be missing for 9 weeks.....getting excited xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice photos and memories you shared of your niece's wedding! How fun and like the vintage idea as well. Have a good trip to down south and enjoy your time there. Hope it is cools down for you too. I was happy to have cooler weather for a few days here as well! Think it will be cooling down again and I'm happy to see that happen. Now if all the smoke will just clear out, we'd all be happier campers in this area. Alot in the air today, even in Salem when I went down there after work. Blood red crescent moon was interesting! Take care my friend!x--x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous wedding! I loved that the bridesmaids all wore different dresses in a similar colour hue. It looked so much fun, which is how weddings should be in my view. So many brides look shell shocked at their weddings, but your niece looked as though she was having the time of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't imagine a more wonderful wedding venue! Looks and sounds like it was an epic event.
    Have a wonderful time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely Stunning Teresa,thanks for sharing all the lovely photos to show us the pure joy and happiness that day brought to everyone,it shone through.You and your sister are good looking women.Loved the brides dress and all the pretty dresses.What a fab location and interior for a Wedding,just love it all.Hugs.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. They have a list of approved caterers and valet parkers which you are required to choose from. The event coordinator at wedding venues Los Angeles was very professional and cool enough to let us come in and tour on a Saturday while another wedding was setting up.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)