Friday, October 12, 2018

Sally's 77th

My friend Sally, whom I worked with for 15 years at Vista House, turned 77 years old on Wednesday. Her granddaughter Dallas organized a very nice party for her at her house in Bridal Veil, OR.  A house full of friends helped to celebrate.  


Sally blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.  Each person at the party introduced themselves and told of how they met Sally.  My story was how I was the first Executive Director and one of the founders of the Friends of Vista House - how Sally was so helpful as a volunteer there that I asked her to be the Volunteer Coordinator which she was for over 30 years!  I also hired her as the Assistant Manager for the gift gallery in Vista house, my right hand woman.


Cake!


The birthday girl, Sally.


My sister Roberta went to the party with me, I drove and on our way home we passed by Vista House, the wonderful historic building that brought Sally and I together, along with hundreds of others.


The Vista House with it's wonderful backdrop of the Columbia River Gorge, Beacon Rock in the distance, Washington State on the left, Oregon on the right.  Photo taken from Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint.


The "Rock" which is at the entrance to Portland Women's Forum.


I volunteered at Multnomah Falls yesterday with my younger sister Denise.  It was a lovely sunny day so we had lots of visitors, in fact it was one of our best days for fun and interesting guests.  A woman from France who'd backpacked around the world, 2 young men from Germany, it seemed everyone who came in had an interesting story to share.  I'm off to swim soon, what a busy week!!

Have a fabulous weekend!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely log cabin setting for the party. The hats did not go unnoticed. I'm glad you all celebrated and had a great time , with a fellow volunteer. I feel we are making some long time friends at the equine therapy barn. IT seems such good people volunteer with passion about places and causes they love. IT is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your friend Sally. It looks like a wonderful time was had by all who were there. Vista House is spectacular. I really think I'm going to have to come visit your area one day. My sister was over there about 5 years ago and loved it and the more I see of it in blogland, the more I'm wanting to see it for myself. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Sally had a wonderful day celebrating her birthday. I hope she has a fabulous 78th year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice that you could help your friend celebrate her birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looked like a wonderful party and the cake was a delight. A joy to see the photos of your beloved Vesta House.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like Sally had a great birthday celebration. Gorgeous pictures of Vista House and the surrounding area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Sally and lovely, lovely photos of some of my favorite places.
    We’re beginning our drive home today. Snow everywhere!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a wonderful party for a wonderful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Sally from me, too, and thanks for the lovely photos and narrative, Teresa. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like Sally had a wonderful day celebrating her birthday. I hope she has a fabulous 78th year!

    D2bet

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)