Friday, November 9, 2018

Falling Leaves and Blue Sky

When returning home after my lap swim on Wednesday I was pleased to see the late afternoon sun lighting up the red leaves of our Pin Oak tree and the golden glow illuminating our red farmhouse.  So, out came my iPhone and *snap* I captured the moment.  What did we do before we had phones with cameras built in?  I guess we forgot these moments.. and now we can have them frozen in time in our little pocket devices.  :-)


I am seeing some trees in my travels that are devoid of all leaves already.  To them, winter has come.  And then some trees are still covered with green leaves.  I do believe that each autumn has a different personality.  Have you noticed that?


There has been talk of removing this tree due to big roots pushing up our brick walkway and possibly impacting our foundation of the house.  But I balk at cutting it down.  Not yet.  :-(


Every fall I watch this tree with eagle eyes as I come and go.  Seeing when the first leaves begin to turn, then more and more until it's ablaze in scarlet hues.  And then the east wind comes and poof.. the leaves fall in a deep carpet of rusty red on the ground.


My daughter Amy, in Ohio, 3,000 miles away, posted on Facebook that their 4 month old puppy, Honey, has been enjoying her little fenced run in the back yard.  When she is ready to come in she stands on her back legs, looking in the house and gives one bark.  At which point someone will bring her in.  Apparently she wants to go out, then in, then out, then in... :-)  I requested more photos so Amy texted me this, Honey right after a bath, with a bow on top.  How cute is this?


My sister Denise's middle child, Kevin, has been working on Mt. Hood and snapped this photo of the fog rising off the lake with the mountain peaking above.  Isn't this neat?


I found this photo on Facebook, there was no name attached to it, but thought you'd all enjoy seeing Mt. Hood and Timberline Lodge via a drone.  Amazing, isn't it?


And so.. we're getting used to our new family dynamic.  Michael is enjoying being here with us and is helpful and good-natured.  I'm off to swim in a few minutes.  I'm happy it's sunny as it makes heading to the pool and the swim so much more pleasant.  Going there in icy cold rain takes a lot of fortitude on my part.  :-)  Thanks for the visit!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous trees and gorgeous photos of Mount Hood and Timberline Lodge. We don’t have sunshine, in fact, I was just thinking it looks like snow outside. None has been forecast so imagine my surprise when I looked on the map and it’s all around us. Heavy snow is forecast to begin in about an hour here. Yuck! I hope you enjoy your swim and your skies stay sunny.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed that puppy picture badly! Thanks Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. It's sad that you need to take down your tree, but better the tree than the house! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely trees on your property, Teresa. I know how you feel about them. We had to have a rather large oak next to our bedroom removed. It was a beauty that I still miss! The pictures of Mt Hood and its reflection is breathtakingly gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Pin Oak tree. The colour is incredible. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous photos...Honey included :) I have been involved in home hunting today...my mind is swirling with pros and cons! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos.

    We weren't here for the beginning of last year's fall. But, it seemed to me that this year's colors came very late in the season. It sure was pretty when it finally arrived, but with this weekend's freeze, I'm guessing what is left of the leaves will drop quickly.

    New blog address for me: http://littlestoneschoolhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing picture from the drone, spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beauty surrounds you Teresa. I think we all noticed the beauty before but as you said could not capture it as quickly. We are supposed to cool down next week, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glorious fall photos and lovely ones of mount hood . What a gorgeous dog your sister has. Enjoy your swim. B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely autumnal photos Teresa, I'm pleased to hear all is well at yours! Happy weekend my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooh I loved this visit Teresa and sure do love that tree. Lovely Michael is settling in and sure he is very happy there. That foggy pic is beautiful and oh my Mt Hood and Timberline lodge wow and Honey so much to love right there xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful photos Teresa! Our colors came later than normal this year and then poof they seemed to be over in a week or so. You are right - each Fall is different. Glad your new dynamics are working out just fine.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)