Friday, December 7, 2018

Northern Light - A Yarn Lovers Advent Calendar

I am so happy and excited.. my blog friend, Alicia Paulson, who lives in Portland, Oregon, offered a wooly advent calendar a few weeks ago for sale.  I clicked in to one of the two sales times on her website at the moment the sale was to start, filled out all the info and by the time I got done and clicked buy.. they were sold out!  So, I dropped Alicia a note and congratulated her on selling out and did a bit of a wah wah that I didn't get one.  Lo and Behold she had kept ONE behind in case there was a problem with an order and she let me buy it.  YAY!! ::GRIN::  It arrived yesterday and I had 7 days to open at once which was great fun.  This first image is a teaser...


Here is the open box, 25 tissue wrapped presents.. oh my!


Even the label inside the lid is artistically beautiful.


I began unwrapping the treasures to catch up to today, the 7th.


Seven days to open.. wheeee


Three precious little balls of yarn, hand-dyed by Alicia herself, and a knitting pattern for a sweet little cowl were the first four presents.  I'm so looking forward to knitting this.



Cotton candy pink, ball #1.



Sparkly mauve, ball #2.  



Speckled colored yarn, ball #3.


#5 - handmade marshmallows!!


#6 - special cocoa mix, just imagine, a steaming mug of this, with a homemade marshmallow melting on top, sitting by the fire and knitting a pretty cowl!  I'm so looking forward to this!



#7 is a pretty peachy skein of yarn.  


I'm excited to open one each day now.  I'll show you each one as I open them.  Thank you, Alicia!!  Below is a little sheep that arrived in the mail today.  I got a few as gifts and this one for me.  I'm going to name her Noel.  


I plan to tidy the house over the weekend as I have my sister's holiday luncheon on Tuesday.  I'm making baked ham and baked potatoes, Shirley is bringing broccoli salad, Denise is making bread pudding and Roberta is bringing artisan bread.  

What do you plan to do over the weekend?  

*************************************
 *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
************************************* 

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

16 comments:

  1. Oh what fun those presents are!!!
    We are having a silly Holiday party at the barn tomorrow.
    Im looking forward to it!
    Knitting on board
    and some relaxing by the tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Advent gift calendar, Teresa! We're going to bake cookies with the grands in Richmond tomorrow. These guys love doing that every year with me and I love it as well. Have a nice weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the yarn advent calendar looks divine, I shall look forward to seeing all the gifts inside. And yes, hot chocolate, marshmallows and knitting by the fire is utter bliss. So glad there was one calendar left for you! Have a lovely weekend Teresa, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn advent calendar is so cool. I'm a quilter so will have to check if any quilting company does them so I can mark it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The luncheon sounds like so much fun. I miss the ones we used to have. Hopefully someday that will happen again. Will Gracie‘s new condo be even closer to you?

    I absolutely, positively, wonderfully adore your advent calendar from Alicia. I tried, unsuccessfully I might add, to buy four different yarny advent calendars this year. They all sold out so quickly I didn’t stand a chance. Oh well. It’s not like I don’t have plenty of yarn, but it’s so much fun to open those little packages isn’t it? Congratulations! Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi readers, some people are having trouble leaving comments on my blog - so if you email me a comment, I will post it for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! What a fun advent calendar! You have lots to look forward to. That sheep is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness what a delight the advent calendar is, I have serious advent envy. Looking forward to seeing what each day brings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I have been wondering about the contents, even though I saw some of them on Alicia's blog. Thanks for sharing the joy you are having as you unwrap! Noel is so sweet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful Teresa! I frequently salivate over Alicia's offerings - the postage overseas is unfortunately quite prohibitive. I shall enjoy this amazing advent calendar from afar and I look forward to seeing the cowl that you are making xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such sweet treats Teresa...and so lovely to see you unwrap your presents! The yarn looks so beautiful I look forward to seeing your cowl and other creations. Noel is sweet too! Have a wonderful week enjoying the countdown to Christmas XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful Advent Calendar Teresa! The yarns are beautiful. Bridget (the-ravelld-sleave blog) also is opening a (different) Advent calendar. I definitely want to try to get one next year. Alicia is so talented. I would love to make one of her little "creatures" - love the Fox!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fabulous is that Teresa, such a lovely idea for knitters. You must get such a thrill to open each present. You house is looking gorgeous too. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Teresa. Love the Advent Calendar, such fun.Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so jealous you got the yarn advent project. I did not even see it until it was far too late to even think about. The yarn is gorgeous. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)