Wednesday, March 20, 2019

🌻 Welcome Spring! 🌻

🌻  I'm so happy that Spring is here and my daffodils are in bloom!  For the next month each day will bring a new flower opening up.. lilacs, rhododendrons, azaleas and more.  YAY!


Our daffodils have spread over the years and there are many through our wild farm garden.  


I think a bouquet is in order.. what do you think?  And maybe a bunny or an egg or two.. or twenty.. lol!


I also have a few Christmas cactus (Zygotes) in bloom.  This one is very special to me.  When my dear mother was nearing her end I was visiting her in her room in the memory care unit and there was a rattan shelf with a few of her treasures on it and there was this little pot with a severely dried up plant in it.  I took it home with me to give it a chance at life, put it in my garden window and watered it.  Not long after my mother departed this earth, it bloomed.  I will forever think my mother is saying hello to me when this blooms.  My mom was a plant lover, inside and out.. I inherited her love of growing things.


I do believe this particular variety of CC flower is the most beautiful of them all.  The fuchsia color and white center is so stunning.


We planted 3 varieties of this flower in one pot and it's grown and gotten very full.. but I think the plants are putting most of their effort in developing their roots as we only have a few flowers at a time.  


The plant resides in our bay window behind our easy chairs.  I just snapped this photo to show you the plant and how pretty it's getting.  You can see a bit of my silver hair top-knot in the bottom right corner.  :-)


Dayle snapped this of Mocha as she was sleeping on my chest last evening.  She's really precious and cuddly.


I am going to enjoy this sunny day.. I will send you some sun  and warmth.. *poof*.. did it arrive?  

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers Teresa - thanks for sharing. Our daffodils are only showing leaves at this point. Our crocus are blooming, but not much else. Happy Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.It did arrive.We have had a brilliant warm and sunny here in North Wales.Warm enough to do some gardening and have a sit in the garden.I know it was just a one off !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes my heart sing knowing spring is officially here ;)...each day the little buds will start to bloom...so enjoy these next months~ oh' and easter!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Teresa I really needed to see those flowers today, the first day of spring. Here in Minnesota we are still covered in snow and worried about flooding. I think it's going to be a long time til I see my flowers popping up here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa,

    Spring is here! It is officially here and it is 62° at my house right now. The snow is melting so quickly! Nothing could make me happier at this moment. Well, except see my grandbabies but you already knew that, right? Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. I know it will still be several months before flowers start blooming around here, but that’s okay. In just one week the promise of spring has arrived. I walked to the mailbox in my flip-flops and no sweater just now. Last week this time I was outside shoveling 8 inches of snow. What a difference a week makes! It makes a difference in both the weather and our attitudes. Wishing you many more lovely sunny and warm days in the near future my friend. For me too.

    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely memory of your mum. The Christmas cactus is beautiful, I don't think I have seen such a large one before. Spring seems far away at the moment, it is cold, blustery and wet. Hugs to you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beautiful flowers Teresa. Love seeing little Mocha so sweet ♥ Here still a tad warm wearing shorts lol But we head into autumn with leaves changing all around. Just wish we could get rain as it has been very dry in most parts of Victoria for 2 years xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope .............didn't make it this far east. Looks like we are in for some WILD spring weather tomorrow. Maybe your spring wish will get to us by Sunday.

    Your daffodils are beautiful and your sweet pup, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that spring is finally here. Mocha looks like a little darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful daffodils, Teresa. Yes the sun did come for us today to make our daffodils look even more lovely. I cut a nice bouquet of them to place on the dining room table. Your lovely Christmas Cactus is a lovely gift of your mother's. I know it is precious to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Spring! When out and about I have been heartened to see some Daffodils in bloom, as well. Your beautiful post is a fitting celebration of the first day of spring! Thank you, Teresa.xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find that daffodils are so uplifting and the bloom of your cactus is gorgeous. What a special way to remember your Mum. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful memory of your dear Mum. Spring is definitely showing itself in my neck of the woods too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que maravilhosa primavera! Amo as flores tambΓ©m! Aqui onde moro, CuiabΓ‘-Brasil, nΓ£o crescem os narcisos nem as tulipas, infelizmente, pois faz muito calor! Bjs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful spring! I love flowers too! Here where I live, CuiabΓ‘-Brazil, do not grow daffodils or tulips, unfortunately, because it's very hot! Kisses

      Delete
  15. Hi Teresa. I absolutely love daffodils. Spring has shown her face here and we have managed a little gardening. Now I must get to sleep as it is 11.4pm here in the UK. Take care. Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  16. As you know I have a similar cactus story, mine survived a rot last year and bloomed for Christmas. I am so happy we share this special story together. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)