Friday, June 28, 2019

Beach Trip with the Girls

We sure had a good time at the beach!  It was fun to show the girls all of our favorite places.  They posed for me in front of Yaquina Head Lighthouse.


This was the first one I took and we were all loaded back in the car when I looked at the photo on my iPhone and saw that Paige accidentally had her hand in front of her face... ok.. back out for another photo!  LOL!



We drove through Starbucks for drinks and we got a "Puppy-cino" for Mocha.. it's a squirt of whipped cream in a cup.  The girls loved feeding it to her.


We then took the girls to see my "nurse log".  They loved it!  I was amazed to see how far it was out of the water, it was a very low tide.


A closer look.. I just love this log with it's own little forest growing on top.. it's own little ecosystem.



We drove on up the Siletz River to see the house built for the movie, "Sometimes a Great Notion" from Ken Kesey's book of the same name, starring Paul Newman, Henry Fonda and Lee Remick in 1971.


The next stop was a pottery shop in the woods.. these berries looked very pretty.. I'm not sure what they are.  Do you know?


Mossy Creek Pottery - I'd never been to visit and Amy had a trivet from here years ago and it got broke so she wanted a new one.. SO...


This cute little place is amazing and has a huge array of really high quality pottery.  Here are a few images to share with you.


There are displays by many potters from near and far.


I was drawn to these pieces.. look at that teapot!


We took the girls to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner, Kyllos.  


Our view of the D River and the Pacific Ocean from our table.


We took the girls to see the cute little Yaquina Bay Lighthouse.



And of course.. the Yaquina Bay Bridge.. then we went down to the Historic Bay Front and let the girls shop and visit the candy shop.  Dayle got some caramel corn there and salt water taffy.



A few more shots of my beautiful lighthouse.


Dayle captured the girls walking back from seeing the view of the ocean behind the lighthouse.  I love the wild grasses and flowers here, all native as it should be.


This is the scene you see as you come around a bluff.. so pretty.



I showed them the stone house I love.. the bay view.. 


The waterfall in front of it.. 


A whale watching boat offshore.


We had lunch at Mo's Famous Clam Chowder restaurant in Taft and snapped a photo of the seals that hang out on the spit across from the beach park.


This sunset is from our first night.. our rooms were gorgeous.. the hotel has remodeled all the rooms.  A fire place, white kitchen, marble counters, beachy decor.   T'was lovely.


We arrived back home yesterday evening and are taking it easy.  Later we're going to drive up the Columbia River Gorge.. 

It's just so nice to have our daughter and granddaughters here.  We're having a family BBQ tomorrow and on Sunday we are going to see Travis and Kristi's home. 

Have a super weekend and thanks for visiting!!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

14 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much older the girls are. So glad you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the beautiful post! I really enjoyed the photos and the narrative as well and I'm so glad you all had a good time at the beach. I don't know what the red berries are called, but they are pretty and the pottery shop has lots of interesting pieces. I am headed out to visit my two new orange tiger Grand Kittens, Garfield and Hobbs, and my youngest daughter and her husband this afternoon. Have a wonderful weekend! :-) ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos! I love lighthouses. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Teresa, this is such a beautiful area! What a wonderful place to share and enjoy with your girls. So glad you have them there to visit with. Have a blessed weekend together! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the lovely time you spent with family. The scenery was awesome, nice to see that nurse tree again. Good to see it going strong. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tour you took us on. An amazing area to visit with your girls and create some more treasured memories of your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful outings, beautiful scenery. Nature is amazing! And the lighthouse is gorgeous. Glad to see you are having a lovely time with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful trip and what an amazing scenery! I imagine it wonderful to have your daughter and granddaughters visiting and I am glad you are having such a lovely time together. Have a wonderful weekend together xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, I'm so glad that you and Dayle are having such a good time with Amy and the girls. I know how much your heart has longed to have them close. I know you will wring every bit of fun and laughter from the visit. I loved the photos of some of my favorite places on this earth.
    Love to Dayle too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy & Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Teresa, what fun family times! And your photos are always amazing
    I"ve not been there yet, but I love your bay view!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know you are soaking up every second with your grands and daughter. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks as if you're ALL having an amazing time and what wonderful memories you are making for your granddaughters. Enjoy your family BBQ. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome Teresa love that you are all together. Us still on that road trip xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful pictures of your coastal trip with your lovely girls! So nice to spend so much time together in such a beautiful spot. XXX

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)