Friday, June 14, 2019

Bunting and Blooms

We just hung up one of the buntings/banners that my sweet younger sister Denise made for me.  Isn't it cool?  This is going to look perfect with some of our other patriotic decor, just in time for the 4th of July coming up!


I'm enjoying my comfy chair on the deck and my little woven footstool I got from IKEA.  


Our neighbors across the road have put in a lavender garden and are inviting the public to visit on their opening day - Bates Lavender Farm - Grand Opening on June 29th at 11 am.  This is not the best photo, we shot it last night as we went out to dinner.  


The Yarrow we planted is doing very well this year.  So pretty.  It's by the garden shed.


My self seeding Rose Campion which I love.. did you know it's part of the carnation family?  I just found that out when I googled it.


They are also related to the Dusty Miller plant, hence the grey leaves and stems.


They look kind of neat in front of the lace leaf Maple which is finally taking off and filling out.


The 4th of July rose.. to me it looks like fireworks bursting in the sky.


Scentimental.


Double Delight.


Unknown coral pink rose.  Any ideas on name?


The sound of water splashing and gurgling sure brings serenity to our relaxing time on the deck.


I'll be working on a newsletter deadline this weekend.  What are your plans?  Do share.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

16 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the banner Denise made for you. It is perfect for 4th of July. That was really sweet of her. I have one lavender plant that is HUGE. It was in a 4 inch pot when I planted it about 7 years ago. Now it's about 4 foot across. I want to thin it and will have to next spring as it's way to big for it's place, but I've been told it will kill it. I hope not as I have no choice. It smells heavenly.
    Your roses are so beautiful. It must smell heavenly around your place.
    Our weekend plans are up in the air. I was going to the lake this morning but I'm not feeling very well. My BP is really high so I've just been sitting around taking it easy. Hopefully I'll be better before Dennis gets home and we can still go out tonight.
    Have a wonderful weekend Teresa and hi to Dayle.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plans....cooking and vegetating. Maybe reading/watching a movie. I do love summer. Lucky for you to have a Lavender Farm next door. I haven't had luck growing it, but LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beautiful flowers...this is such a wonderful time of year to enjoy the blooms around us, and I admire your photos of your flowers, Teresa. Denise did a great job on making the festive bunting and it looks just right where you have hung it. Hope the newsletter goes together smoothly this weekend. I plan to try out the condo pool and Tim plans to come over for dinner after church on Sunday. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What absolutely beautiful flower photos! I transplanted my yarrow last year and it is very happy in the new spot - it's huge. How nice to live next to a lavender farm. I think the photo is really nice. It love the way the photo perfectly captures the time of day. I bought some plants at a sale, so I'll be trying to find a place to fit them in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the fragrance of lavender. How lovely to have a whole farm of lavender right next door.
    This weekend like most weekends I'd be working in my studio creating a few lovely project bags and making a few progress keepers.
    Wishing you & Dayle a relaxing week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers Teresa and I love Lavender xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very beautiful! Wish I could come sit with you on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outdoors seating area with the bunting looks perfect. How wonderful to have a lavender farm opposite, the smell must be glorious. Love all the beautiful roses. Have a lovely weekend. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous flowers Teresa. Love your chair and footstool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flowers are amazing. I LOVE that bunting! My weekend: well, knitting of course ! Watching the Cubs. Visiting with friends tonight . Texting my kiddos like crazy. surprising Fireman on fathers day tomorrow with ...shhhh. fireworks! WE never had them as Fireman was not to set such a bad example. Up here in Yahoo Wheee Fun land they are sold everywhere. I just got 5 sparkle fountains. It will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to live next to a lavender farm, it must smell heavenly. Your flowers are so gorgeous Teresa and your bunting looks great. Very inviting look to your deck, cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crochet and kids for me this week which is pretty well normal and just how I like it. The bunting looks fabulous and making me a little guilty that I STILL have the lining for the bag I made sitting on my ironing board waiting for me to sew it! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a lovely time of year for colour and scent in the garden. How wonderful to live next to a lavender farm. Have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bunting and deck look amazing and the garden a feast for the eyes with all the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flowers are lovely. I'm going to look for a Rose Campion plant, it's so pretty. I bet that lavender garden smells heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful bunting, roses and lavender- what more could you ask for! Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)