Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Peonies and Summer Sun

I was surprised by this bouquet of Peonies yesterday morning.  A local lady raises them and had them for sale yesterday at the coffee cart in Springdale.  Dayle hopped in the car right after he arose and bought me a dozen of these beauties.  What a darling husband!  :-)


Deep rich red, bright pink and white ones.  So pretty on the table!  See the boxes on the deck?  We got 2 rollaway beds for the attic.  Our daughter Amy is bringing our 2 granddaughters for a visit in a week and a half.  :-)


Do Peonies grow where you live?  Do tell.


Such a blissful fluffy flower!


I love how the white one has a bit of red edging on the center petals.


We're having an early heat spell here.. it was 96 deg. F here yesterday and is supposed to get to 97 today.  We have kept the house at 73ish using 2 window AC units, thankfully.  The Pin Oak tree has gotten HUUUUGE and now shades the back deck which make it very pleasant out there.



My 4th of July rose is perfection and in full bloom!


Dayle's little Bonsai tree is happy.. new growth all over.  I get so upset when Dayle goes out and pinches off ALL the new growth to keep it small.  :-)


I thought I'd show you the latest progress on my Dune blanket.  I'm working on the sandy beach colors, then the sea, sunset and sky.  I'm on the 3rd repeat of the colors.  A few more and I will be done, it will be a lap-ghan for my granddaughters.  One each, so I have more work to do!!  


Our Bolivian Begonia "Bonfire" is doing well after it was brought up from our basement and watered.  Some buds are ready to open soon.


Kristi has a friend who sells these big lush hanging baskets and we ordered two this year.  She sells them as a fund-raiser for Sandy High School.  Boy they are filling out well!


The other one with the Jasmine below and a pot of Hollyhock budding out


I'm off to swim soon and after a long absence, my blog friend Gracie is going to join me!  So, we'll have a lot to catch up on as we paddle along.  What are you up to today?  
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. I love peonies.We had some deep Crimson ones in our last garden.We have just arrived back from our daughter's.Every Wednesday we go to her house and see our two granddaughters after school and make tea when Mum and Dad come home.They live about forty minutes away.We have had rain for days.It is supposed to be summer!!!!There is lots of flooding in the fields around our little market town and more rain to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is beautiful. I do have one peony plant in the garden but it doesn't last long especially with all the rain we've been getting. I meant to cut them to bring indoors but forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayle is certainly a wonderful, sweet husband! I love peonies, too. We have two but they are both pink. Thank goodness for air conditioning when it gets hot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dayle has to pinch off the new growth on his bonsai. After all that's what keeps it as a bonsai. Wasn't that thoughtful of Dayle to buy you such beautiful peonies! He's a great guy!
    My goodness all the other lovely flowers & your Dune blanket, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that Dayles a gem!!! Hope he is swallowing better and better!!!! He has a special place in my bloggy heart! I love peonies. I think if I got married to Fireman again, we' have to have fresh peonies as my bouquet! I may cut some tomorrow and surprise the new Mexican diner with some. They are very nice and have plastic flowers bc fresh are too expensive. Your roses are perfection!
    We had big soaking rains today. I was so tired Teresa! I had a Doc appointment bc I have been hoarse since the cold hit me May 6th. I was going to cancel but thought of Dayle and told myself to GO! The doc said my throat is very red. Which is odd. I have no pain. So Im getting some antibiotics. I asked him to thoroughly check my neck for any suspicious things. Phew. I passed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Well done Dayle! Your farm flowers are wonderful as well. Thanks for all the photos, Teresa. I watered all my flowers after getting home from swimming...it was so hot!!! Now getting ready to get out of here by 7:30am tomorrow to help Fran after her knee surgery. She is doing well and had her first therapy appointment today. Great progress on the Dune. And thanks for linking to my blog. You are sweet. I enjoyed our swim but am tired 😴xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love peonies, too. Mine are all finished for the year. I only have one kind and I am thinking of changing that. Lovely to hear that you'll be having your grand-daughters to stay soon. Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm was checking how far I'd got with my catch up posts and seem to have missed this one or lost it!
    Such a root of colour!
    I fear our peonies and a lot of other plants will be ruined with all this rain we have it! It is crazy! Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beutiful peonies. They are in full bloom over here too. Your's look perfect on your tablecloth. It's pretty hot here too. 90's today. I grudgingly turned the A/C on yesterday, ever grateful that it did come on since we had a repairman out last week, but I love open windows and hate the closed up feeling after a long winter of closed windows.
    I know you're getting excited to see your girls. Rollaway beds are a great idea. We used to have them when I was a child and we slept on the porch a LOT during the hot Iowa summers with no A/C. I didn't even know they made them anymore.
    Your blankets are looking great. A work of love for your beautiful granddaughters. I just know they'll love and cherish them.
    I hope your swim with Gracie was a fun one with lots of catching up and laughter mixed in with swimming.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. your flowers are so beautiful Teresa! We do have peonies in our area - in fact we have one plant, but this year it got beaten down by wind and rain. I cut blooms once or twice, but honestly, ours are always covered in ants and I can't stand to bring them in the house You must be so excited that your daughter and granddaughters will be visiting. Your dune blanket is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Peonies. It's all looking very summery around your deck and garden. Your blanket is coming on well, I'm sure it will be greatly admired, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bunch of peonies is gorgeous and the back deck looks like the perfect coolish sort of spot to sit so you don't get too frazzled by the heat. I love your idea of doing two lap blankets for your granddaughters in the same colour scheme. My sister and I still have our similar blankets our Grandma made us when we were young. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your peonies are gorgeous Teresa, they are just coming out around here too and are stunning. How exciting that the girls are all visiting...I think this might be their first visit back to yours?? Enjoy your sunshine, this last week we have had nothing but rain, rain and more rain!! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh I sure love all of your flowers Teresa and what a gem of a hubby you have 💙💙 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. merci pour votre blog.Il me reconforte dans une période difficile pour moi. Thanks

    Regards,
    renée artman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I translated this comment --


      thank you for your blog. It comforts me in a difficult time for me. Thanks

      Regards,
      renée artman

      Delete
  16. I love peonies. Ours have come and gone in May. I have a couple from my aunt's garden and from my mil's garden and a few I bought.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)