Monday, August 19, 2019

Waldo Lake 2019

This was the 34th Annual Shaklee Family Reunion Camp-Out and Frog Hunt!  My brother Robert and his wife D'Ann and their kids and grandkids were there and Dayle and I and my sister Denise went up for a day with the family.  We drove to the closest town on Friday and had a hotel room for the night and went up early on Saturday to enjoy the family and the lake.  When the evening arrived we headed back down to Oakridge for the night and then home the next morning.  We sure did enjoy our time by this amazing lake.  This is the pretty little island in the entrance to Shadow Bay where we all spend time in the sun and the kids have fun swimming and kayaking.


I snapped this photo of Dayle taking a shot of the island.. :-)



When we arrived it was fun to hang out and watch all the family in their campsite.  My brother had 5 kids and 13 grandkids!  All but 2 were in camp.



My brother has a trailer and all his kids pitch their tents.


I never get tired of this view.



My sister and I went up prepared to swim with our suits under our clothes, but those who went in announced it was freezing so we wimped out and just enjoyed watching others play in the water.  :-)


It was Mocha's first visit to the lake with us and she loved it!  She traveled well in the car for the 3 hour trip to our hotel and the 40 minute trip up to the lake.  She was unsure about getting IN the water and it was funny to see her testing it with her paw.. she did some walking in about 2 inches deep but did not get her whole self in.



Some of these photos are by Dayle, as is this one.


This lady had her dog on the front of her kayak.


There is my SIL D'Ann in the purple shirt watching her little granddaughter in the kayak.


She was very calm and enjoyed watching with us in the shade.  :-)


One of our little frog hunters, she is proudly showing us her catch.  After sharing it with everyone she waded back in the lake to release it.



Her frog in her waterlogged little hands.  :-)


Dayle took a plethora of photos of his darling dog.


Look at that face.


Waldo Lake is the 2nd largest natural lake in Oregon, it has no tributaries into it, it's fed by snow and rain, only one tributary out which feeds into the beginnings of the Willamette River which flows through Portland, Oregon and into the Columbia River which empties into the Pacific Ocean.  It has a visibility depth of 115 feet, it's that clean and clear.



I almost didn't notice Mocha in the above shot.  :-)  Below you can see across the bay and the beach where family set up camp for the day.


Hey dad, look at me!


Can you believe how many kayaks and canoes on the beach?  It's actually a rule not have them on the beach so our family is diligent to haul ours up on the rocky edges and not take up valuable beach space.



Hi honey!



My beloved SIL D'Ann modeling the special t-shirt her kids had printed for this year's camp.  


They were decorating the camp to celebrate several birthdays, the kids were really looking forward to the candy part of the party.  :-)



I put a few more rows in my shell blanket while enjoying camp life, my darling dog at my feet.  All the kids came over to meet the new dog in the family and were very sweet to her.  


All the kids were in warm dry clothes after all the water play and were watching the adults decorate for the party and hang a colorful pinata.


The very youngest grandchild.. a precious little angel.



We left for our hotel as our brother's family was nearing their BBQ hamburger and hotdog dinner.  We went for pizza for dinner.  The next morning we enjoyed a free breakfast at the hotel and then pack the car for the trip home.  We passed this neat old covered bridge and Dayle got a few snaps from the car.  


Such a pretty bridge over the river.



Dayle held our cuddly little dog all the way home as I drove.


I had to show you the place the 3 of us went for dinner the first night.. Brewers Union Local 180 Public House and Brewery.  We saw a friend we'd made up at Waldo Lake there, Steve.  The place was rocking with live music.  On the menu is fish and chips, bangers and mash, poutine and many other pub style meals.


The band was "Etoufee" and the band leader is Kelly Thibodeaux and it was fun to hear Louisiana style Cajun music while we dined.  


And finally, a shot of Diamond Peak as we drove down from camp on Saturday evening.  It was a short time there, but we enjoyed the time with family and the great scenery a lot.


OK.. time to get busy.  How was your weekend?
((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

17 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time. Such breathtaking scenery. Happy memories for you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your Waldo post! It is such a beautiful spot and I'm glad you were able to enjoy it with Mocha, Dayle and Denise and the family even if the water was too cold for a swim. After attending a birthday tea on Friday I went to a worship gathering at a church nearby, busied myself with chores and reading on Saturday and after church on Sunday spent some hours knitting and reading. Today I have been gardening, typing on the computer and now am going over to take a quick dip in the pool before dinner. Hope you are having a good Monday! :-) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy fun gathering! Mocha is so your dog! She just fits right in with you all! I love the bridge photo. Thanks Teresa for a great photo trip. My weekend was super duper busy. Im still tired. But it was all good visiting. I still have to wash some sheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that looks like fun. Mocha looks like she's having a ball too. Thinking of you. CN xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous spot to camp and have some wonderful family time. It all looks fun, except for the frog hunt! Snakes and spiders don't worry me but frogs and toads freak me out so I don't think I would have coped with that! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mocha is so sweet. I think you found the PERFECT dog.

    Love the covered bridge. It's a LONG one!!!!

    Glad you could make it up to the camp out. Looks like EVERYONE had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like everyone was having a wonderful time at your beloved Waldo Lake. I'm surprised you didn't have your trailer up there. I'm really glad you got to go and spend some time there with family. I loved the beautiful scenery and it sure looks like Mocha had a great time and fit in perfectly with everyone. The kids all look like they're having a wonderful time.
    We spent the weekend at the lake and I'm waiting on an MRI for these headaches of mine. It's always something isn't it?
    Have a great Tuesday Teresa.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place for a family get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful place to spend some family time. I can only imagine how cold that water was! Glad you all had a great time and Mocha was so well behaved. Love the photo of the musician, very atmospheric. B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a great time at your Waldo Lake family gathering. It looks amazing...such beautiful views too. How lovely that Mocha enjoyed her first visit there too.....and lovely to see her cuddled up to Dayle on the ride home. Wishing you a great week dear Teresa XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and beautiful place. But I bet that water was icy cold! Mocha is fitting right in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much beauty. Looks like it really was such a lovely time. Mocha is adorable. The kayaks/canoes sure are colorful but a shame folks can't follow that one simple rule of keeping them off the beach. Good to know you have clear waters. Sure can't say that around here with all the pollution. :( Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember you sharing this lovely spot last year, Teresa. How nice you and your sister and Dayle could go for a visit with your family. Such a large campsite and it looks so fun for everyone. I'm glad you all had fun, even Mocha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fab trip Teresa I love seeing photos of your annual family get together. Lots of fun and laughter. I am sure that it was a real tonic for you. Mocha is just the sweetest girl. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing those beautiful views. What a wonderful place and great to be with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Teresa I always love these gatherings and Mocha is adorable.Here about to do a post as back home in middle of mega cleaning up of van and clothes lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how much your family gets together and how wonderful your adventures are my friend. I have been missing you.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)