Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Crochet Phone Cozy

I was inspired to make a phone cozy by my blog friend Gracie.  She made one in Autumn colors and I asked her what brand the thread was...


It's this below.. Lizbeth size 3 Egyptian Cotton.  I found it on Amazon.. of course.. the ball above is called "Rainbow Splash"..  below is Grape Pomegranate.  


I used my silver D hook and chained wide enough to accommodate my phone and then just single crocheted around and around.  The colors are making their own pattern.. kind of fun.


I'm thinking of either just leaving it as a sleeve or go up above the top to add an edging with holes and making a drawstring to close it up.  I could even crochet a cord so that I could wear it around my neck.  What would you do?



We're having a nice sunny day here after rain yesterday.  It's much nicer to swim with sunshine flooding the pool from the big windows there.  How do you plan to spend your day?

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely yarn Teresa. I really love the Grape Pomegranate, but both are gorgeous. I think I would do a full cover but not a cord as I would find it uncomfortable around my neck, but that's a personal thing. As I am reading it is 22.24pm so I'm off to bed soon. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative project. Glad to hear you have sunshine again, Teresa. I've got my foot propped up as I've been resting after tearing a tendon in my foot. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drawstring could be so handy! I often do not have a pocket to put my phone in and that would be a good option. Thanks for linking to my blog! I hope you had a good swim. I had prep for meetings tomorrow so did not make it to the pool, but plan to on Friday. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project Teresa. I made a pouch with a drawstring to throw over my shoulder and use it at the lake every single day. I wear it when I walk Chloe and I can put both my phone and plastic bags in it. I rarely ever have a pocket so it's very handy.
    Love both of the yarns.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such bright colors. That won't get lost at the bottom of your purse and will bring a smile every time you use your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both the yarns are stunning colours. Lovely project, it would be nice to have a draw string to make things easier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be tempted to crochet a little loop, attach a key chain carabiner (I am not sure if this is the correct term) and use this to hook it to my handbag somewhere. This would keep your phone securely in your bag and you can also find it easily. Whatever you decide, the result will be cute and practical xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colours and I love the way it naturally forms a zig-zag pattern. I like the idea of a cord. That would be cool as a glasses case too. My old wallet was falling to bits, but I was worried the cards would fall out of the new one, so I crocheted a cover. Made it with a flap and loop to close it with an old pearly button. I love it and it's easy to spot in my bag. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty. I like how the thread is working up. I'd probably just leave it open at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty colors! I would not want to wear one around my neck (I think it would pull too much and be too heavy). So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how fun. Great job at freelancing Teresa! Love your phone cover. But your phone is so glitzy and cute I'd not want to cover it ever!! But....you are practical!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog catchup time and love your crochet cover neat colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea Teresa and great color choice for your thread. I save make a flap and put a snap on it!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)