Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Yosemite Trip

Well.. we made the first leg of our trip to Yosemite.  Our dear friends Shirley and John arrived at our house at 9:15 am and after some verbal instructions on the care and feeding of our little Mocha, we were on the road by 10 am.  We drove 8 and a half hours which included a fuel and lunch stop in Roseburg, OR.  Mount Shasta was so beautiful as we neared it.  This image was taken out of my window at 70 mph.  Don't ask me how.  😁 


We thoroughly enjoyed our trip, the oak trees in Northern California are a beautiful burnt orange.


Dayle managed to capture this hay barn with the mountain behind it while we careened down I-5.  :-)


I love how mountains get bigger as you get closer.


Again.. this is captured by my iPhone.  The mountain changes shape as you go around it.


We finally got to Lake Shasta, all of those buildings down there on the lake are covered docks, full of boats.  What a pretty lake to sail on!


And here we are in Corning, California - 489.2 miles from home.  This area is famous for olive farming.  This is the name of a local restaurant.  We got the last of 2 rooms in the Holiday Inn Express!  So, we're resting up and watching TV.  Tomorrow we'll make the 4 hour trip into Yosemite National Park and start sightseeing and check into the Ahwahnee Lodge for 2 nights.    


Apparently Mocha is bonding with John.  LOL!


We are so grateful to Shirley and John for taking care of our little darling and our home.  

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos as ever. I don't think you need to worry about Mocha, she looks very comfortable! Enjoy the rest of your trip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good friends you have in John and Shirley that they are willing to come stay at your house. Mocha looks content. :-)
    I cannot believe the quality of the photos you get while driving down the road. You've seen mine. They're blurry and awful. Mt. Shasta is a gorgeous mountain. I remember seeing it when we went to the redwoods in California a few years back.
    I'm so looking forward to seeing your pictures of Yosemite. I've never been there but it's on our bucket list. Be careful and have fun you two!
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic trip, and some really beautiful photos. I can't wait to see Yosemite, it's somewhere I'd love to go one day. I hope you have a lovely time. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Teresa looks stunning. Have a wonderful time. Hugs Anne X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa, I'm just catching up. Wow lots going on your end. This looks like an amazing trip and thanks for sharing such awesome photos. Looking forward to more. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip... safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stunning scenery. I can't wait to see your photos of Yosemite.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great time of the year for hitting the road. Everything is so beautiful and the air is cool and crisp.
    I love the Olive Pit. There are so many great products there. Hope you had a few of the olive samples. Did you pick up a bottle of their fantastic balsamic vinegar? Last time we were there we also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, they sure service a great morning buffet breakfast.
    Mocha is sure taking it well, you all being gone. Even though, I know she'll be so happy when you're back home.
    Safe travels, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought they changed the Awahni lodge to a new name???? Teresa, we LOVEd our trip to Yosemite so very much . The valley was so beautiful with El Cap one one side and the river on the other. We did see a black mama bear and 2 babies running down a ravine. We took a horseback ride and it was long but I enjoyed the tall grasses and quiet ride . ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mocha sure looks relaxed. Love seeing you on a road trip....enjoy my friend. Great pics for sure.😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your trip is going well. Nice photos. I was at Yellowstone years ago...childhood!! Would be fun to see it again. All I remember is a big buffalo walking across the road as we were traveling and old faithful. Glad some friends are dog sitting Mocha and watching your house. Megan's done that for friends as well. Take care. Be safe. Eat your veggies! Have fun!!x....x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for your beautiful post! I appreciate the views you shared not only to enjoy your journey, but also to be reminded of good times I have taken a similar route. I have stopped at the Olive Pit, too...and bought some olives :-) It is wonderful that Mocha is happy at home with John and Shirley!!! Perfect! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful scenery on the drive. Mocha looks like she's missing you...not! LOL! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)