Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Dahlia Border and Banana Peanut Butter Bread

Well.. it looks like I underestimated how long it would take me to finish the border on my Dahlia afghan.  :-)  I only got 3 out of the 6 rows done.  But it even looks wonderful so far so I think it will be lovely all done.  One problem is the 2 colors I took out of the pattern are both used in Lucy's border, so I am having to pick out 2 different ones to use.  I'm free-wheeling it!


I'll actually be sad to see the end of this project as it's brightened the winter amazingly.


This was my "nest" as I crocheted away.  We're really enjoying the new stove!


In our effort to bake our own homemade breakfast, I found a quick bread recipe that sounded good.. Banana Peanut Butter bread!  We got some fresh new baking soda and the bread rose over the edge of the pan so it's a bit imperfect looking but tastes delish, especially buttered and warmed in the microwave for 22 seconds.  


Kristi finished the painting upstairs and this room is coming along.  I need to find some new curtains and hang some of my extra artwork up there.  We also need to get some pillows on the bed.  But I'm happy we have a nice clean, fresh guest room now.  :-)


I found this meme on Facebook and got a huge kick out of it.. I thought you might enjoy it too.


I think I'll work more on that border today and tomorrow I'll take it to Multnomah Falls with me to work on while I volunteer with my friend Shirley.  How is your week going?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

12 comments:

  1. Your Dahlia blanket is looking good, as is the banana peanut butter bread. Making me hungry! The meme made me giggle. Kristi has made a good job of your guest bedroom. It looks very welcoming. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing at your Lucy afghan because I did exactly those 3 rows and decided it looked finished. I might have misread the pattern for the 3rd row, ahem... I like the color you chose for the room paint, I can see white sheers, or such. And lastly, I also cracked up with the wolf to dog meme. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes I loved that meme too Teresa. Your blanket is beautiful and so colourful. Kristy is wonderful πŸ’“πŸ’“ Here resting at end of day in Valparaiso ready to get on ship tomorrow but have 2 more nights here on board xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meme did prompt me to lol πŸ˜ƒ I hope you enjoy finishing your beautiful blanket off at home and at the Falls. One of the ladies at our preemie blanket making group brought in a crocheted blanket this morning that used colors similar to your blanket, and the rest of us admired it so much... agreeing that the colors inspire us to smile! πŸ€—πŸ§Ά

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said it before but I will say it again... that blanket is just gorgeous! How good of Kristy to paint your guest room. It looks very nice. That bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blanket is so bright and cheerful. I can imagine being sad to see the end of it. I did laugh at the meme but I also laughed out loud at your exact 22 seconds to warm up the bread in the microwave. Not 20. Not 25. But 22 seconds! I don't know why that struck me as hilarious. But you are the third person to mention banana bread to me today so I think it's a hint that I need to bake some! :-)
    Have fun at the Falls tomorrow. I'll be sitting at the hospital with a friend who's having an ablation on her heart for afib. I'm her ride there and back home if they don't keep her overnight. She really doesn't want to stay because it's the same hospital that the coronavirus patients are at. She's nervous enough about having the procedure there, but her doctor says she has no choice. It has to be done ASAP.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket is lovely, the border is just right for me, I am a narrow border kind of woman. I would love a slice of your banana peanut butter bread, I can almost taste it in my mind. Good combination of flavours. Enjoy the rest of this cold week in your lovely cosy home x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blanket is looking fabulous! Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blanket, I love the colour combination you have chosen. The banana bread looked delicious, I smiled at the 22 second to warm up to not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the paint color for your guest room - so calming. And that bread - YUM!!!

    The blanket is coming along so nicely Teresa - you will be finished in no time. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh another lovely blanket by Teresa!!!!!
    That new stove/fireplace is going to be so great for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blanket is beautiful and how I wish I had such a talent. However, I do enjoy bread making and peanut butter, so will be looking for a similar recipe. In my home, bananas and peanut butter always go together πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)