Monday, February 17, 2020

Piano Stool, Baking and New Paint

Our cabinetmaker friend Gary completed the stool refinishing project and I love it!  We agreed to just strip and put a finish on the top and leave the legs painted.  He thought the wood might be maple.  It just glows now!  I still might want to paint the legs, maybe white, maybe aqua?  :-) What would you do?


I just love to see the wood grain, don't you?


Whoever had "antiqued" this stool had painted over the neat cast iron and glass ball feet, Gary stripped that paint off them and it's so much nicer!


My friend Bev, Gary's wife, gave me a delicious loaf of banana bread she'd made and I enjoyed one slice each morning with my coffee for breakfast.  When it was gone I missed it, so Dayle and I worked together to bake this loaf of zucchini bread.  He grated the zucchini and I measured and mixed.  It's my favorite recipe and uses "Mapleine".  I have some natural real maple flavor I'm going to try in my next loaf.  Tell me - what is your favorite quick bread?    


Our second French roasted chicken dinner.  We're sold on this, the chicken is so tender and flavorful!!


Dayle is becoming a master chef at using the heavy cast iron enameled French oven.


Our little darling has adopted our guest chair as her own.  I've removed the Valentine tablecloth and put on a very pretty pink edged one, I'll show you next time.


Our DIL Kristi is painting our two upstairs bedrooms which will be guest rooms again.  Plus, our grandsons will each have their own room to call their own when they stay overnight.  The color I chose is a pretty aqua, called "Sea Glass".  I love how it's looking against the white trim.  She's up there now rolling paint on the walls.  :-)


This room will be the same color, the log bed now has a new mattress, sheets, duvet and cover.  I guess I'm going with a cosmic cowboy look?  LOL!!


OK.. must dash!  A meeting to attend.  
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

11 comments:

  1. Oh why not leave it, just as it is, in all it's refinished glory???? My husband has been a lifelong woodworker, and he hates to see wood covered with paint. -smile-

    The food looks absolutely delicious!!!!

    Yes, those enameled iron "Cassoulets", as I call them, do make delicious meals!!!!

    Lovely to have a DiL who paints!!!!

    ❄ 🔥 ❄

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stool, I would leave the legs just as they are, looks good like that!
    And I love the cover on the bed, blue and white is just so pretty.
    And the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is obsessed with his cast iron dutch oven as well! I was thrilled at how easy it is to clean, but it's very heavy and almost unmanageable for me to wash up. Your bed looks terrific! I love that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the piano just as it is. Dennis just cringes whenever beautiful wood is painted over. The grain on the piano stool is so pretty.
    My favorite quick breads are zucchini and banana. I love them both.
    Kristi is so sweet to paint the bedroom for you. I can imagine you're missing her and her constant help around the farm. It seems she's awyas busy.
    I hope your meeting went well my friend. Hi to Dayle and kisses for Mocha.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stool is perfect! Glad you are able to enjoy yummy meals and that Kristi is painting the rooms for you. Lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stool as it is. Gary made a good job of it! The room is going to look beautiful, and the duvet cover is gorgeous. Sweet little Mocha looks like she's saying "Please don't move me!" xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - Cosmic Cowboy cracks me up. Mocha looks so sweet on the chair Teresa. The piano stool turned out so well Teresa. I would leave the legs alone. I made a banana-zucchini bread last night. I only had one banana ready for bread and so took out grated zucchini from the freezer. The combination is good. I added cinnamon and also ginger to the batter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the stool looks great the way it is. Love seeing the feet and wood grain on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stool I just love the claw feet. You are blessed that Kristi is a dab hand with a paintbrush. My favourite quick bread is a banana loaf. The chicken dish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you let the feet go back to their glory!!! That piano stool is beautiful just stunning.
    That Kristi, she loves to be busy. How nice that she's painting the rooms for yoU!!!! IT comes to gather so nicely. Hi puppy!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)